North Murray High School
answers

Adel, GA

#61 Jun 3, 2010
Who knew wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so anti north murray and bagley? Give me 3 good reasons that make sense and I might listen to you because so far everything I've read from you is senseless. My child attended bagley and now north murray.He excels in sports as well as academics. There was a need for the new high school and the children attending north murray are very proud of their new school. If you want something to argue about let me throw this your way regarding wasteful spending.....Why is the old rock building that burned down being rebuilt? Why does Murray co. high pay so much each for two graduation coaches? Why does Murray co. spend in the thousands of dollars to have graduation at the trade center in whitfield co.? Not to mention the prom being there as well....Whitfield loves murray co. school system...they're making mega bucks off them twice a year.
1. The rebuilding of the rock building is being paid for solely form donations and insurance money. The insurance company will pay much more if the building is rebuilt that it will to just settle the claim.(read the paper)
2. Graduation coaches were paid for by the state. The state isn't paying for them next year and there aren't going to be any.(read the paper)
3. Where would you have a prom or graduation in Murray County? there is not a facility larger enough?
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#62 Jun 3, 2010
crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do you know? My son plays for NM and he told me that they have to play on murray field for the first few home games and when they do get to play a NM it will have the very least.
People like you make me sick you really don't have a clue. We needed the new school now and everybody just needs to get over it. Murray High has been a joke for years and nobody wanted to do anything about it until it was to late. And now when we have so many kids and had to build a new one because really how much more could you have done to Murray to make it bigger and still have school there. I think we all agree adding a bunch of trashy trailors was not the answer. SO GET OVER IT OR MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTY!!!
I am so glad not everyone goes for the easy way out!
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#63 Jun 3, 2010
answers wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The rebuilding of the rock building is being paid for solely form donations and insurance money. The insurance company will pay much more if the building is rebuilt that it will to just settle the claim.(read the paper)
2. Graduation coaches were paid for by the state. The state isn't paying for them next year and there aren't going to be any.(read the paper)
3. Where would you have a prom or graduation in Murray County? there is not a facility larger enough?
My two children who graduated north of hear both had their's at the school stadium! Did not cost anyone anything!!
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#64 Jun 3, 2010
OH by the way...where do you think the "State" got the money to pay for these coaches? ME and every other tax payer. Their money does not fall from the sky!
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#65 Jun 3, 2010
True Fan wrote:
The school (is) and jail (was) paid for by SPLOST money. The money comes from local sales tax revenue. The economy has taken a serious down fall since these projects were approved and started. People are not spending as much money so the available revenue is less.
If more people would spend money in Murray Co. then more funds would be available for the jail and the school.
I agree that our county needs another high school because MCHS was very overcrowded and there is no space at MCHS to build on.
We could have done without a new jail for a few years.
Correct and the Rec Center we could have done without was also built with splost money. I have tried to spend more money in Murray with out success. We are forced to go to LOWES or HOME DEpot for what we need. Also I am forced to go to the Mall in Dalton as there is not a "clothing" store in Chatsworth I would shop in.
Teacher2

Dalton, GA

#66 Jun 4, 2010
By the way Concerned Citizen: The graduation at the Trade Center is paid for by the graduates themselves.Not a penny of tax payers money (other than the graduate themselves) goes toward graduation. Most of the graduate parents voted to have it at the Trade Center. It cost $2000.00 to have it there and $1000.00 was saved by having it on Tuesday instead of Sunday. If "they" are willing to pay for it,then why not let "them" choose?
Against illegals

Pigeon Forge, TN

#67 Jun 4, 2010
Believe me... Teacher2 the children will get to choose on all aspects of their education because of teachers like you. All parents should be ready and willing to step in and get them out of your class. You demean and bellittle people. A child doesnt need that.
so wrong

Douglas, GA

#68 Jun 4, 2010
Teacher2 wrote:
By the way Concerned Citizen: The graduation at the Trade Center is paid for by the graduates themselves.Not a penny of tax payers money (other than the graduate themselves) goes toward graduation. Most of the graduate parents voted to have it at the Trade Center. It cost $2000.00 to have it there and $1000.00 was saved by having it on Tuesday instead of Sunday. If "they" are willing to pay for it,then why not let "them" choose?
I think you are wrong. Two of my children graduated from there and we did not pay a dime!! They that you are referring to is the tax payers.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#69 Jun 4, 2010
Who knew wrote:
<quoted text>How many of our friends live in much larger communities and have one high school? not a one,zero,zip,nada...You can't add on to Murray co. high school and mobile classes...come on..there are enough of those out there now. Are you trying to turn Murray co. high school into a trailer park?
Not true! My family living up north in their large suburban towns have only ONE High School. They have added additional levels, portable classrooms and split sessions. They are smart enough not to build in such a bad economy.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#70 Jun 4, 2010
so wrong wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are wrong. Two of my children graduated from there and we did not pay a dime!! They that you are referring to is the tax payers.
No problem if they want to pay. I am so glad they have this amount of money to spend. Most communities with layoffs and other hardships do not! How many people attended the graduation and had to stop on the way or when leaving to get gas, drink or snack? How many, as we did one year, went to eat dinner in Dalton. I guess those requesting that we spend our money in Murray, will take a pass for that evening!
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#71 Jun 4, 2010
answers wrote:
<quoted text>
#2 THE STATE payed ...where do you think the STATE gets their money?? Me and other tax payers! The money does not just appear!
INTERNATIONAL TRAVELER

United States

#72 Jun 4, 2010
crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what do you suggest we just cram 50 kids to a class room?
And I am all for cutting these highly overpaid school admin. pay
Many children in other country's would be happy to have a "class room"!
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#73 Jun 4, 2010
sick of it wrote:
Any one know how much the new North Murray High School is costing?
Attend the Board of Education Meeting Monday June 7th 7:00 PM at Gladden Middle School and ask your question. There is going to be many people there with many questions regarding the school and JROTC. We are not listening to rumors. We will ask ON THE RECORD questions many have!
poboy

Byron, GA

#74 Jun 4, 2010
MURRAY COUNTY PATRIOT wrote:
What a waste of money. The original school should have been added on to or mobile classes should have been used. Many of our friends live in much larger communities and only have one high school. Now two and cutting programs!
Name one of those communities please????
Paul

Byron, GA

#75 Jun 4, 2010
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
<quoted text>Attend the Board of Education Meeting Monday June 7th 7:00 PM at Gladden Middle School and ask your question. There is going to be many people there with many questions regarding the school and JROTC. We are not listening to rumors. We will ask ON THE RECORD questions many have!
The School has been in planning for 15 years. Yes Taxpayers pay for schools. That is the way things are and that is the way it has always been.

There was not a recession when the school was started and money put in place for the builings.
You just want to bitch because one of your pet programs got cut and you wanted someone else's pet program to get cut.
Money for buildings cannot be used for anything else by law including School Programs.
Can you not understand English? 4 million dollars has to be cut out of the budget so something has to go. I support ROTC but I do not support paying two retired Military People already drawing good pensions $150,000 a year plus benifits to run the program. It should have been stopped years ago if you want to talk about waste at the Schools that is a massive waste and you don't seem to mind spending that money.
Be sensible. Do you think these people want to take crap off people like you so they just cut your pet ROTC to piss you off? The BOE has to balance their budget every year they can't go in debt like Obama to pay for things unless they have permission from the State and then the only things they can obligate the School System for is School Buildings.
If all of you are so crazy about ROTC have it outside the School System. Chip in and pay for it or ask the Military to Pay. They have cut their contribution by 2/3 so that should tell you they have little concern for keeping th program.
Again, be sensible, think sensible and find out the facts before acting like an idiot at a BOE meeting and looking like a fool.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#76 Jun 4, 2010
A few of us took a ride down 225 to check out the new high school construction. It is sure under construction. The workers were still out there 5:45PM. Our jaws dropped when we saw the large southern style home and three car garage included in the purchase of the land. How much is it going to cost to renovate this home and property to make it "operative" as school offices? It was so hard to pull in and out of the driveway. I guess this will have to be redesigned. I am glad I do not have a child going to the school, mine are all grown. I can not imagine the congestion in this area. I wonder what the School System is going to do with the current School Admin. offices? I will ask these questions directly of the school board Monday evening.
why

Summerville, GA

#77 Jun 5, 2010
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
A few of us took a ride down 225 to check out the new high school construction. It is sure under construction. The workers were still out there 5:45PM. Our jaws dropped when we saw the large southern style home and three car garage included in the purchase of the land. How much is it going to cost to renovate this home and property to make it "operative" as school offices? It was so hard to pull in and out of the driveway. I guess this will have to be redesigned. I am glad I do not have a child going to the school, mine are all grown. I can not imagine the congestion in this area. I wonder what the School System is going to do with the current School Admin. offices? I will ask these questions directly of the school board Monday evening.
School offices? Are they not in the new school building like other schools? Why in a big house like that?
Red

Dalton, GA

#78 Jun 6, 2010
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
Well $39+million school!!Whats a $100,000 to fix up old house?
Smarter than U Combined

Cleveland, TN

#79 Jun 6, 2010
Reading this thread just reminds me how stupid most of you are who are posting here. My gosh, you can't spell, you actually think people from other areas care what your buildings look like, racism is rampant, and you're jealous of money like crazy. You sound like a bunch of lower income, whiny butts who aren't in power but wish you were.
Out There

Douglas, GA

#80 Jun 6, 2010
House was redesigned as soon as the sale was final. If you don't know that then you really are uninformed! Special ED and Food Services have been there for a couple of years!

I agress people from womewhere else could care less since most people here do not care except to complain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paddock Probably A Former Cop... 46 min ThomasA is uber gay 135
stay away from direct tv: worst company of them... 2 hr GARY BEARD 1
Nuclear power plant 9 hr I got to know 30
Trump 2020 11 hr Ha ha 13
Looking for new school superintendent 12 hr Luca Brasi 2
Searching for maleika or malika 12 hr Fmerunning 29
Bojangles' & captain D's (Dec '10) Nov 19 Biscuit bandit 46

Chatsworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance