True Fan

Dalton, GA

#21 Jun 1, 2010
comshau30711 wrote:
<quoted text> Don't know the cost but here is some of the things in it. Two basketball courts, one for practice use and the other for games, a unbelivable football stadium the likes of which has never been seen in this area. Officies for all coaches and elobrate offices for Principal and one for Secretary. Modern up to date scince department (good). An indoor shoting range for the ROTC that they did away with. It is all about sports and the tax payers are stuck with the bill. People need to go to South Georgia to where high schools football teams are like College teams to see what kind of buildings they teach in, not so ellobrate!
They don't even have a football stadium yet. Why? Because the classrooms have to be finished first.
Against illegals

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Jun 1, 2010
True Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't even have a football stadium yet. Why? Because the classrooms have to be finished first.
If they don't have classrooms how are they gonna be on by opening bell? Or will they just leave it half done like bagley and Woodlawn. Those have the ugliest landscape ever! And what was their financial excuse then?
True Fan

Dalton, GA

#23 Jun 1, 2010
Against illegals wrote:
<quoted text> If they don't have classrooms how are they gonna be on by opening bell? Or will they just leave it half done like bagley and Woodlawn. Those have the ugliest landscape ever! And what was their financial excuse then?
The classrooms are being built first.
surprised

Dalton, GA

#24 Jun 1, 2010
why is it so hard for some of you to understand that classrooms come first, then all the dressings! geez!
Against illegals

United States

#25 Jun 1, 2010
surprised wrote:
why is it so hard for some of you to understand that classrooms come first, then all the dressings! geez!
. I understand completely! They half finished Bagley and Woodlawn and are starting a new school! When visitors come from out of town they look at those schools and see what Murray school system stands for! Things that are half done! I can't wait to see N Murray.
Red

Ringgold, GA

#26 Jun 1, 2010
Against illegals wrote:
<quoted text>. I understand completely! They half finished Bagley and Woodlawn and are starting a new school! When visitors come from out of town they look at those schools and see what Murray school system stands for! Things that are half done! I can't wait to see N Murray.
I have herd people ask if Bagley was a jail? They didn't have a sign up for what 2years?
Curious

Trion, GA

#27 Jun 1, 2010
Everything is ordered for the football stadium don't let anyone fool you and think that they believe classrooms come first. They say that their second home game will be pplayed on their field because the bleachers should be installed by then.

They say at least two wings of the new high school will be closed off the first year and maybe longer.
Against illegals

United States

#28 Jun 1, 2010
Well if they don't get any real coaches. The big fancy stadium won't help anybody. And if my family gets a vote education will come first and foremost! I knew they would half do the grounds an classes. This school will be the joke of N Murray just like bagley!
Interested

Dalton, GA

#29 Jun 1, 2010
"I hear" and "They say"....just where and who exactly are you guys getting your info.? I haven't heard anything or anyone else speak of this anywhere EXCEPT here.Nope not in the paper, not at any meetings,none of the teachers or coaches verified this so seems like a bunch of jealous parents that can't stand the thought of their child not attending the new school! HAHAHA and as far as our coaches you should attend a few of our games. Just in the first year as North Murray our coaches have proved to be more than qualified for the job!!!!These kids work hard,practice hard,play hard and it shows.
Against illegals

United States

#30 Jun 1, 2010
Big deal what you HAVENT heard! If the kids don't make the grade it shouldn't matter how hard they practice and play! And if the school looks junky then who does it reflect on? The citizens! Because we allowed it!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#31 Jun 1, 2010
Is the Football field going to be ready for the Upcoming season or will North Murray still have to use Murray County's stadium for another year? I hope it is ready because it is time for North Murray to have a stadiu to call their own and start building their own idenity. I wish both teams all the success this coming football season.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Murphy, NC

#32 Jun 1, 2010
murray resident wrote:
<quoted text> Seriously??? If they had any more mobile classes it would classify as a trailer park! C'mon murray county has been needing another high school for years. Do you think 1 high school is sufficient for all those elementary and middle schools? Hardly not!!!
Yes I do. I visit other areas in this Country who spend their money wisely with many many more children in school and ONLY one high school. The county did not have to purchase one of the most expensive pieces of property ( sweet deal for the seller) as there were others less expensive and were suitable for the school. Lets pray the ecomony does not get any worse and the two schools can remain open. Have you attended the past few commissioners meetings? or BOE meetings. It is a real eye opener!
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Murphy, NC

#33 Jun 1, 2010
Parent wrote:
Ridiculous statement!
<quoted text>
Not really...already they are cutting teachers, salaries, programs because they can not afford the two schools. Some people have to wake up and realize our way of life we have become use to and spending money is gone. If the economy gets so bad and the county has even less money and the state is broke our TAXES will be greatly raised to operate these new schools, if they remain open. Advancement is wonderful but our economy is not. I wish the best for these new projects but worry about their future. Like I previously stated ..attending our
Commissioners, Board of Education and Mayors meetings is a real eye opener.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Murphy, NC

#34 Jun 1, 2010
Against illegals wrote:
Big deal what you HAVENT heard! If the kids don't make the grade it shouldn't matter how hard they practice and play! And if the school looks junky then who does it reflect on? The citizens! Because we allowed it!
We must not allow it! There are many of us now in Murray County that are now AWAKE and paying attention to what is going on. We all need to get involved and attend meeting and have questions answered. It is frightning what sad shape our County is in.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Murphy, NC

#35 Jun 1, 2010
Red wrote:
<quoted text>Not to worry when the no what realy hits the fan and all these mills dry up (and they will trust me)all the high school students in Murray County will attend North Murray...Mark my words..consolidate,consolidate
Did not think of this. So true
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Murphy, NC

#36 Jun 1, 2010
comshau30711 wrote:
<quoted text> Don't know the cost but here is some of the things in it. Two basketball courts, one for practice use and the other for games, a unbelivable football stadium the likes of which has never been seen in this area. Officies for all coaches and elobrate offices for Principal and one for Secretary. Modern up to date scince department (good). An indoor shoting range for the ROTC that they did away with. It is all about sports and the tax payers are stuck with the bill. People need to go to South Georgia to where high schools football teams are like College teams to see what kind of buildings they teach in, not so ellobrate!
Agree. It is amazing I and so many others made it through the school system without all this elaborate non essential items. I went to school to LEARN and sports etc. was a treat.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Murphy, NC

#37 Jun 1, 2010
comshau30711 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I did spend to much time on the shooting range and it was called Vietnam! People that are critical of others grammar and spelling have nothing to add!!
Thank you for your service and helping us achieve the freedom we have today. I am sure you witnessed children there who were happy just to have food to eat and clothing to wear. A book and pencil was a thrill to them. We are such a blessed but spoiled nation.
Against illegals

United States

#38 Jun 2, 2010
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your service and helping us achieve the freedom we have today. I am sure you witnessed children there who were happy just to have food to eat and clothing to wear. A book and pencil was a thrill to them. We are such a blessed but spoiled nation.
. Blessed but spoiled is it!
too funny

Chatsworth, GA

#39 Jun 2, 2010
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
<quoted text>Did not think of this. So true
Yes so true. Their was another plant that closed down this week. More on SHAW closings due to houses not being sold. The carpet industry does not look good at all. Maybe it will change I hope so.
crazy

Chatsworth, GA

#40 Jun 2, 2010
Curious wrote:
Everything is ordered for the football stadium don't let anyone fool you and think that they believe classrooms come first. They say that their second home game will be pplayed on their field because the bleachers should be installed by then.
They say at least two wings of the new high school will be closed off the first year and maybe longer.
And how do you know? My son plays for NM and he told me that they have to play on murray field for the first few home games and when they do get to play a NM it will have the very least.

People like you make me sick you really don't have a clue. We needed the new school now and everybody just needs to get over it. Murray High has been a joke for years and nobody wanted to do anything about it until it was to late. And now when we have so many kids and had to build a new one because really how much more could you have done to Murray to make it bigger and still have school there. I think we all agree adding a bunch of trashy trailors was not the answer. SO GET OVER IT OR MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTY!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Traci Rankin trashes Maria B. 51 min NMHS 1
Does anyone know how to get in touch with (Sep '09) 15 hr lora 44
Jesse Welch and maxima Sun Peach Sucks 3
Women bosses only best friends are employees Sun HOGHELPER 33
Rd block Central Sat Inform 1
New Murray Boys BBall Coach Mar 28 doo 31
Chicken Little Mar 28 chicken man 1
Chatsworth Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web