|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

garden sizer wrote:
<quoted text>
many people dont know that you have to maintain the batteries...
which includes keeping them within certain parameters.
yet, I wonder why the solar market keeps expanding more and more each year?? must be armies of people out there who just want to throw away money.??
or why shasta(full of repubs) wants the 299e corridor to become the wind turbine corridor???
I guess alternative energy is just a passing hoax??
too bad for your pitch, reality doesnt resemble your arguement in the slightest.
but that is how most of the tripe from the far right comes off.
Drive by a wind farm, seems like 3/4 of them are not working. Very high maintenance. and a bird killer.
David Miller

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

No worries, we will make up another law to correct the first law.
garden sizer

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Drive by a wind farm, seems like 3/4 of them are not working. Very high maintenance. and a bird killer.
many of them are only in use during peak hrs....

it is not the primary means of generation, so the old ways keep chugging away until wwe need them.

I can see wind to a primary source.....they just have to learn how to store wind and solar power better(there is another technology being developed)

yet they should be dismissed as a passing phase.

do you deny that oil is going to run short(and get very expensive) if not run out compleatly in the next century??

Im looking for cleaner ways(not just with cost in mind)

to replace our current dirty regime of power production.

50% of the power generated in this country is from coal still.

so any windmills are welcome!!

even if they just take one household off the grid.

easy to do.

the big ones ARE also bird killers.

this Is why i prefer solar and hydro.

yet, I find it ridiculous when far right wingers bring up environmenal issues as a reason not to proceed with wind towers.

the bigger picture is to save each species from extinction, due to poisoning our little, fragile environment here on earth.

your choice of energy policies would evetually do that...

have you see what industrial pollution has done to bird populations and especially bird migration??

Id expect you to be up on these issues if you're an advocate for our winged friends.
Paper rocks

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Like I said, we will just make up a new law and OutLaw global warming, AKA Republican / Tea Party Nation Member's.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

garden sizer wrote:
<quoted text>

I find it ridiculous when far right wingers bring up environmenal issues as a reason not to proceed with wind towers.
Yeah, all right wingers want every animal wiped off the planet and the middle class wiped out and ....and .....lol..
David Miller

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Like I said, US republican / tea party nation member's can pass a law for anything and make it stick.
garden sizer

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, all right wingers want every animal wiped off the planet and the middle class wiped out and ....and .....lol..
that is a little extreame....

you just favor business deals over safeguarding the environment or worker saftey.

that is a well know republican position.

so it looks kinda weak when you all of a sudden stick up for birds, because they became political bedfellows with you on the wind power issue.....

industrial pollution(esp spraying) is the biggest threat to the birds.
Joe Gardner

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Just wait untill next season, it will get better.

Since: Aug 10

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

garden sizer wrote:
<quoted text>
many of them are only in use during peak hrs....
it is not the primary means of generation, so the old ways keep chugging away until wwe need them.
I can see wind to a primary source.....they just have to learn how to store wind and solar power better(there is another technology being developed)
yet they should be dismissed as a passing phase.
do you deny that oil is going to run short(and get very expensive) if not run out compleatly in the next century??
Im looking for cleaner ways(not just with cost in mind)
to replace our current dirty regime of power production.
50% of the power generated in this country is from coal still.
so any windmills are welcome!!
even if they just take one household off the grid.
easy to do.
the big ones ARE also bird killers.
this Is why i prefer solar and hydro.
yet, I find it ridiculous when far right wingers bring up environmenal issues as a reason not to proceed with wind towers.
the bigger picture is to save each species from extinction, due to poisoning our little, fragile environment here on earth.
your choice of energy policies would evetually do that...
have you see what industrial pollution has done to bird populations and especially bird migration??
Id expect you to be up on these issues if you're an advocate for our winged friends.
With all your blowhardieness about "repowering" why are you forgetting to mention nuclear? That is after all what most other industrialized countries are using.

To blow your theory about why the solar panel industry is still alive, it is not from individuals or businesses doing anything without the accompanying government incentives or in most cases it is government agencies buying the panels directly.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
With all your blowhardieness about "repowering" why are you forgetting to mention nuclear? That is after all what most other industrialized countries are using.
To blow your theory about why the solar panel industry is still alive, it is not from individuals or businesses doing anything without the accompanying government incentives or in most cases it is government agencies buying the panels directly.
Bob you must know that I am very conservative and no believer in the lies of fat gore but you have solar dead wrong......

I installed a system on my house in California and not counting the rebates and tax credits PG&E sent me enough checks in less than 5 years to pay for the system and it had a 30 year warranty on it...

I have a friend in Colorado that his system paid for itself even quicker as he is at 9k feet and gets more sun than Sonoma County Ca and he heats 90 percent of his hot water as well as produces more energy than he can use....
I have been there on a ski trip and the gas hot water heater did not kick on until the 3rd shower was started and the out door temps were below freezing..... He has radiant heat from the solar panels and the water is always at least 70 degrees in the floors....He has back up wood heat also but when he is gone (90 percent of the time) his freeze alarm has never gone off and it is set for 50 degrees.
So in the six years that the house has been finished even with nobody there the house has never dipped below 50 degrees even as the outside temp could be zero.

As for the PV panels most are being bought by companies not the government and many countries like here in Mexico have no tax incentive and no government subsidies yet business after business are installing solar panels....

Carlos Slim claims that his solar farm he built two years ago is the most profitable business he owns.....
And when the richest man in the world says solar was his best investment ever it might be worth a minute looking into solar systems

That said the government subsidizes need to stop and bailing out any company is wrong and oslama the economy slayer knew that Solyndra would fail and gave them our tax dollars anyways....
David Miller

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Did "we" republican / tea party nation member's make golobal warming illegal?

Si it has to stop because "we" say so!
garden sizer

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob you must know that I am very conservative and no believer in the lies of fat gore but you have solar dead wrong......
I installed a system on my house in California and not counting the rebates and tax credits PG&E sent me enough checks in less than 5 years to pay for the system and it had a 30 year warranty on it...
I have a friend in Colorado that his system paid for itself even quicker as he is at 9k feet and gets more sun than Sonoma County Ca and he heats 90 percent of his hot water as well as produces more energy than he can use....
I have been there on a ski trip and the gas hot water heater did not kick on until the 3rd shower was started and the out door temps were below freezing..... He has radiant heat from the solar panels and the water is always at least 70 degrees in the floors....He has back up wood heat also but when he is gone (90 percent of the time) his freeze alarm has never gone off and it is set for 50 degrees.
So in the six years that the house has been finished even with nobody there the house has never dipped below 50 degrees even as the outside temp could be zero.
As for the PV panels most are being bought by companies not the government and many countries like here in Mexico have no tax incentive and no government subsidies yet business after business are installing solar panels....
Carlos Slim claims that his solar farm he built two years ago is the most profitable business he owns.....
And when the richest man in the world says solar was his best investment ever it might be worth a minute looking into solar systems
That said the government subsidizes need to stop and bailing out any company is wrong and oslama the economy slayer knew that Solyndra would fail and gave them our tax dollars anyways....
finally a republican who is useful.

there are armies of people in your party that disbelieve ANYTHING positive about alternative anergy.

it is sad.

I gladly refuse Romney the whitehouse on this issue too.

he is ANTI-alt, like reagan was.
garden sizer

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
bob,

the government is FORCING people to buy solar panels, they are investing their own money.

my sisters system paid for itself in 5.5 years.

nookular power would be great if there wasnt a huge risk(see fukashima) of a meltdown and or huge release of radiocativity.

it also takes the spent fuel rods 40000 years to cool down, making nookular power a financial loser in the long, long run.

and a national security risk to boot.

alternative power is clean and safe.

period.

sweden thought nookular power was the bees knees, like we did back in the 50's.....so they built their whole country on it.

yet in the 90's they changed course and started to phase out nuclear power for clean viable alternatives....which also included geothermal power.

thanks for your interest
David Miller

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

This has all been cleared up, didn't you get the memo?
garden sizer

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

David Miller wrote:
This has all been cleared up, didn't you get the memo?
apparantly "bird bob"

didnt..

yet I knew that even though they had to make a new nuclear disaster catagory to describe fukashima??

that the bird brains of this country wouldnt listen to the horror stories of the japanese, regarding nuclear power....

but then again there are probabaly some people left in Japan that still favor nuclear power over anything else......

they need to move to fukashima for while to get their opinions sorted out!! same with bob.
David Miller

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Don't worry just turn on your A/C unit and suck the heat away!
mitt goldwater

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

mitt is NOw officialy toast!!

what incompetance...

glad he reveled how NOT ready for prime time he actually is, before the election....

barry goldwater and bob dole's(mabey walter mondale) candidacy, comes to mind.

ps: his advise to Iran on how to 'dirty bomb" a major Us city(chicago) was enightning as to how he might handle a major international crisis.

the romney campaign has foriegn policy positions, yet to be announced.....

he will have to face the music on october 3rd at the debate.
David Miller

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Never had so much fun listening to that stupid Republican / Tea Party Nation member, Willard Mitt Romney, wonder when the little clown Paul D. Ryan will appear next?

motherjones.com

Since: Sep 10

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

mitt goldwater wrote:
mitt is NOw officialy toast!!
what incompetance...
glad he reveled how NOT ready for prime time he actually is, before the election....
barry goldwater and bob dole's(mabey walter mondale) candidacy, comes to mind.
ps: his advise to Iran on how to 'dirty bomb" a major Us city(chicago) was enightning as to how he might handle a major international crisis.
the romney campaign has foriegn policy positions, yet to be announced.....
he will have to face the music on october 3rd at the debate.
lol....what you call obama? brilliant?...obama gives away oil rights to russia, hugo chevez, leaks top secret info....brilliant? lol....yes, you are way to smart for me!!
MoJones

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

The creeping cruds are coming back out of the woodwork.

Where is motherjones.com when you need more footage of Republican idiots in action or full swing?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,721 - 4,740 of7,833
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chatsworth Discussions

Search the Chatsworth Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) 43 min AMan 149
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Changes 200,321
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Racjei 4,885
On the road alone in L.A. (Jun '07) Jul 16 Human at Earth 129
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Pacific Oaks Apartments Reviews, Chatsworth CA (Oct '13) Jun '14 GEE 3
•••
•••

Chatsworth News Video

•••
•••

Chatsworth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chatsworth People Search