Sara

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Olethros, there is one baptism (Eph 4:5) even after some were baptized by John they still needed to be baptized into Christ after the day of Pentecost. One cannot be taught wrong and baptized right. Since there is only ONE baptism, you should get it right, meaning you should be doing it according to scripture. I don't understand how we got so far away from the truth of scripture in the world that we are now doing things and even basing our salvation on our feelings and opinions. Are we smarter than God?! He left His word so that we might ALL come to salvation the same way, so that we might ALL worship the same way. Why would He bother with the Bible if we could get to Him on our own, through our own devices?
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Sara wrote:
Olethros, there is one baptism (Eph 4:5) even after some were baptized by John they still needed to be baptized into Christ after the day of Pentecost. One cannot be taught wrong and baptized right. Since there is only ONE baptism, you should get it right, meaning you should be doing it according to scripture. I don't understand how we got so far away from the truth of scripture in the world that we are now doing things and even basing our salvation on our feelings and opinions. Are we smarter than God?! He left His word so that we might ALL come to salvation the same way, so that we might ALL worship the same way. Why would He bother with the Bible if we could get to Him on our own, through our own devices?
I thought women were to be seen and not heard in the COC?
Note

Eden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

It seems to me that Johnny Robertson and his gang are out of preachers to harrass on their TV shows
Make me wonder if they created that show "Headliners" so they could pick up some clips to show, Not many there either just a couple mainly Larry Surber. He will say a few things to Roark and the clips will began to appear on COC shows. I have noticed that when Larry or one of the other guys there say something a littly mean or call Johnny Robertson a name Roark quickly stops them and tell them they are mean. When Johnny Robertson call them names such as he said one of those guys was no better than an animal, Roark lets him continue and never tells Johnny Robertson he is acting mean. Guess those guy just want to be "TV STARS" when they continue to accept that
jaybird

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Folks you are Johnny way too much credit.
Jay

West Point, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Is Johnny still alive?, I saw where he had cancer but those videos where a couple years old....

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Johnny is dying.

James is witless.

Micah is whining like the child he is.

Caleb has a wasted life without Johnny and Micah telling him what to do.

Mark is the village idiot of the CoC. All he's capable of saying is "so-called denominations" and "baptized FOR remission of sins" and doesn't know any Bible but that. He's the Luca Brazi of Johnny's mafia.

This is what Mark Mcminnis put on his Facebook page last month.

Mark Mcminnis
September 11
Well, it's reunion time again and I received my invitation which I had to politely decline as the meeting place has been changed from the little country diner to one of my sisters church "fellowship" hall. It is no wonder my bother and nephew and so many others are completely turning their backs on religion with the kind of hypocrisy that is being displayed around them. Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Moms, Dads, all divided into their so-called religious sects ie. "Baptist" "Methodist" "Pentecostal holiness" "Lutherans" "Wesleyans" "Presbyterians" etc. etc. etc. come together once a year and pretend they are all in "fellowship" and yet when it comes to the fellowship God desires they don't want to discuss it. I pray for more of His longsuffering.

Mark Mcminnis
September 5
If I were not in the church of Christ I would go where all the so-called denominations are going. To hell.

Mark Mcminnis

THE KATINAS performing at Whiteoak worship ctr.(pentecostal) presented by Westover christian (Baptist) sponsered by BTW21 (very liberal) advertises uptown dancing, beer and liquior consumption, laciviousness with your neighbor in the hot tub.
And their special guest is going to be Jonathan Falwell who we have on record saying he wouldn't support that kind of agenda. How PATHETIC, hypocritical.
Share ∑ August 7, 20

When Johnny dies the entire mob is going down. Who is going to lead, Micah or Caleb or James or Mark? It'll die with Johnny.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Many low end Prot communities die when their leader dies.( or the HS calls him to another community with bigger bucks)

The HS is like that.
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
Many low end Prot communities die when their leader dies.( or the HS calls him to another community with bigger bucks)
The HS is like that.
Mike, this is a disgusting post. Too bad its true.
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

It's also no wonder Mark McMinnis' family all go to those "awful denoms" when the man won't go to a family reunion due to the location. He has no clue of true fellowship.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Hey Dave. I see things still are wide-open on here. Your comment is interesting and reveals how legalistic people can be. Mark has no choice though if he wants a paycheck.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

JesusCreed wrote:
Hey Dave. I see things still are wide-open on here. Your comment is interesting and reveals how legalistic people can be. Mark has no choice though if he wants a paycheck.
Good to see you again Randy. Hope things are good. I am currently being "warned" by my family about my increasingly liberal views. I am in danger of going too far with this "freedom in Christ" stuff. Mark not going to a family reunion because of the location and denom people is the kind of thing my family does.

Perhaps we should get out and find jobs if we don't want our paychecks to stop coming in. Too much profiting in the gospel perhaps?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you again Randy. Hope things are good. I am currently being "warned" by my family about my increasingly liberal views. I am in danger of going too far with this "freedom in Christ" stuff. Mark not going to a family reunion because of the location and denom people is the kind of thing my family does.
Perhaps we should get out and find jobs if we don't want our paychecks to stop coming in. Too much profiting in the gospel perhaps?
What I find interesting was another one of the preachers with Johnny attended a family outing at a local denominational Church. Iím guessing he didnít run it by Johnny first. Mark needs to examine things outside of what they tell him to teach. Dave, have your views changed more sense last time I was on here? Have you moved even further from the conservative view point?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find interesting was another one of the preachers with Johnny attended a family outing at a local denominational Church. Iím guessing he didnít run it by Johnny first. Mark needs to examine things outside of what they tell him to teach. Dave, have your views changed more sense last time I was on here? Have you moved even further from the conservative view point?
I have moved some yes. Actually, I have started sharing some of the views I had expressed here with my family more, to try to help bring some healing. My family doesn't want that apparently.

"My congregation" wasn't nearly as conservative as I was, I have learned. Work time now. We talk more later. See you afterwhile Randy.
Older and Wiser

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

I just recently stumbled onto a website of Johnny Robertson & his ministry. I then took it upon myself to view every one of the video clips of Johnny's tv shows I could find on the internet.

After viewing & listening to him - I can tell you that JOHNNY ROBERTSON HAS MORE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE - THAN ANYONE I HAVE EVER HEARD, SEEN OR KNOWN & I am 70 years old!

What a joy is is to have a preacher proclaim the whole TRUTH in the WORD OF GOD! I have been a Church of Christ member all my life & Johnny is the best at explaining the teachings of the Bible that I have ever heard!!!

This is the way preachers USED TO PREACH! But, sadly - it seems many modern day preachers are so afraid of stepping on someone's toes & hurting people's feelings they are afraid to come right out & preach the truth.

AND SADLY - THIS INCLUDES MANY CHURCH OF CHRIST PREACHERS TODAY!

What bothers me is that we spend millions sending missionaries to foreign countries to bring the Gosopel to people who have never heard of God or the Bible - which is all well & good...

Yet, we've got millions & millions of people right here in this country that are JUST AS LOST AS PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER HEARD THE GOSPEL!!!

The Gospel needs to be brought to & explained to the Baptists, the Methodists, the Prespyterians, the Pentecostals, the Catholic & all the other false teachers & faiths right here in this country!!!
And Johnny Robertson has been doing just that!!!

The problem is - we need THOUSANDS OF MORE MEN LIKE JOHNNY ROBERTSON IN THIS COUNTRY & AROUND THE WORLD TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL (with no holds barred)- just like Johnny Robertson has been trying to do!

All people want to hear these days in church is the love of God. The just want that warm soft fuzzy "feel good preaching". But, what they don't want to hear about is THE WRATH OF GOD FOR NOT OBEYING HIS WORD!!!

Yes, it's a SAD SAD FACT - MOST PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WILL GO TO HELL FOR NOT OBEYING GOD'S WORD!

THE BIBLE VERY CLEARLY TELLS US THAT VERY VERY VERY FEW WILL ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN...

The people of Martinsville & other towns where Johnny Robertson has ministries - ARE TRULY BLESSED to have been able to know & hear Brother Johnny Robertson teach the WORD OF GOD.

NOW, IF YOU PEOPLE WILL ONLY LISTEN TO & FOLLOW HIS TEACHINGS AS HE BRINGS YOU GOD'S WORD...

I was so sorry to hear of Johnny's illness. I only hope & pray that he makes a full recovery so that he can keep trying to SAVING LOST SOULS...

I only wish I lived closer so that I would have a chance to see him preach...

By the way, does anyone know how Johnny is doing & if his treatments have been successful???
William

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

"NOW, IF YOU PEOPLE WILL ONLY LISTEN TO & FOLLOW HIS TEACHINGS AS HE BRINGS YOU GOD'S WORD..."

What do you mean, "you people?"

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Older and Wiser wrote:
I just recently stumbled onto a website of Johnny Robertson & his ministry. I then took it upon myself to view every one of the video clips of Johnny's tv shows I could find on the internet.
After viewing & listening to him - I can tell you that JOHNNY ROBERTSON HAS MORE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE - THAN ANYONE I HAVE EVER HEARD, SEEN OR KNOWN & I am 70 years old!
What a joy is is to have a preacher proclaim the whole TRUTH in the WORD OF GOD! I have been a Church of Christ member all my life & Johnny is the best at explaining the teachings of the Bible that I have ever heard!!!
This is the way preachers USED TO PREACH! But, sadly - it seems many modern day preachers are so afraid of stepping on someone's toes & hurting people's feelings they are afraid to come right out & preach the truth.
AND SADLY - THIS INCLUDES MANY CHURCH OF CHRIST PREACHERS TODAY!
What bothers me is that we spend millions sending missionaries to foreign countries to bring the Gosopel to people who have never heard of God or the Bible - which is all well & good...
Yet, we've got millions & millions of people right here in this country that are JUST AS LOST AS PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER HEARD THE GOSPEL!!!
The Gospel needs to be brought to & explained to the Baptists, the Methodists, the Prespyterians, the Pentecostals, the Catholic & all the other false teachers & faiths right here in this country!!!
And Johnny Robertson has been doing just that!!!
The problem is - we need THOUSANDS OF MORE MEN LIKE JOHNNY ROBERTSON IN THIS COUNTRY & AROUND THE WORLD TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL (with no holds barred)- just like Johnny Robertson has been trying to do!
All people want to hear these days in church is the love of God. The just want that warm soft fuzzy "feel good preaching". But, what they don't want to hear about is THE WRATH OF GOD FOR NOT OBEYING HIS WORD!!!
Yes, it's a SAD SAD FACT - MOST PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WILL GO TO HELL FOR NOT OBEYING GOD'S WORD!
THE BIBLE VERY CLEARLY TELLS US THAT VERY VERY VERY FEW WILL ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN...
The people of Martinsville & other towns where Johnny Robertson has ministries - ARE TRULY BLESSED to have been able to know & hear Brother Johnny Robertson teach the WORD OF GOD.
NOW, IF YOU PEOPLE WILL ONLY LISTEN TO & FOLLOW HIS TEACHINGS AS HE BRINGS YOU GOD'S WORD...
I was so sorry to hear of Johnny's illness. I only hope & pray that he makes a full recovery so that he can keep trying to SAVING LOST SOULS...
I only wish I lived closer so that I would have a chance to see him preach...
By the way, does anyone know how Johnny is doing & if his treatments have been successful???
You may be older but you are definitely not wiser if you believe what the COC teaches.

You better hurry and come home.
Annoying Proxy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be older but you are definitely not wiser if you believe what the COC teaches.
Micah just means that he is older than Caleb.
Older and Wiser

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

William wrote:
"NOW, IF YOU PEOPLE WILL ONLY LISTEN TO & FOLLOW HIS TEACHINGS AS HE BRINGS YOU GOD'S WORD..."
What do you mean, "you people?"
The answer to your question is VERY simple. Anyone who does not OBEY God commandments about salvation will be LOST (that means they will GO TO HELL)!

Here is what God COMMANDS us to do in order to be SAVED:

1. Hear the Gospel (Romans 10:14)

2. Believe the Gospel (John 3:16)

3. Confess Christ to be the Son of God (Luke 13:3)

4. Repent of your sins.(Luke 13:3)

5. Baptism (complete immersion in water) for the remision of your sins.(Mark 16:16)

6. live Faithfully (Obedience)(John 14:15)

This is not ROCKET SCIENCE!!!

The Bible tells we must humble ourselves and become like little children. Too many people want to change God's word to fit their own wants & needs. Many people simply do not want to be baptized - so they have tried to change & corrupt Gods word to suit their own desires.

Of course, these same people must be overlooking the last few verses of Revelation where we are warned about ADDING TO & TAKING AWAY FROM GOD'S WORD.

At the end of Revelations (Revelation 22:18-19)- we are told - that anyone who takes away from the words of God in the Bible - that God will take away his part out of the book of life.

It also tells us that if anyone ADDS TO THE WORDS OF GOD IN THE BIBLE - THAT THE PLAGUES OF THIS BOOK SHALL BE ADDED UNTO HIM...

Why many churches claim that BAPTISM is not necessery for salvation is a MYSTERY TO ME.

What part of (Mark 16:16) do they not understand??? In Mark 16:16 Jesus Christ says, "HE THAT BELIEVETH & IS BAPTIZED SHALL BE SAVED; BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT SHALL BE DAMNED".

Tell me, how can any person NOT UNDERSTAND THAT SCRIPTURE???

Any church or person who rejects what (Mark 16:16 says is REJECTING A DIRECT COMMANDMENT MADE BY JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF...
Older and Wiser

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You, my friend are the one in danger here. Yes, that' right - by your remark, it's clear you have a VERY limited knowledge of the Bible. You may even be a preacher of some denominational church - but YOU DO NOT KNOW THE BIBLE!!!

If you continue on this path - you will be LOST!!!

I don't know what you mean, I'd better hurry up & come home. I've been a Christian since I was 16 years old and I'm very very familiar with the bible.

I have never been in Virginia. As a matter of fact, I live hundreds of miles away. I had even never heard of Johnny Robertson until I stumbled on a website which featured film clips of his TV show.

I was amazed at just how very LEARNED he is in the scriptures!!! The people in Martinsville would be very wise to pay heed to the message he was bringing.

Because, it is rare that you will find a preacher who will preach the Gospel without regard to stepping on toes, hurt feelings or so-called "political correctness" anymore.

THE MESSAGE JOHNNY ROBERTSON WAS BRINGING IS AN URGENT MESSAGE - THIS MESSAGE WILL SAVE LOST SOULS!

Johnny Robertson has been doing JUST WHAT THE BIBLE TELLS US TO DO!!!

If you will read your bible, Christ himself (and his apostles) were preaching to the people & showing them that they were wrong in their beliefs. They even went into the places of worship to tell the people they were wrong in their beliefs.

Just like Johnny Robertson has been doing...
Dave P

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Of course, these same people must be overlooking the last few verses of Revelation where we are warned about ADDING TO & TAKING AWAY FROM GOD'S WORD.

At the end of Revelations (Revelation 22:18-19)- we are told - that anyone who takes away from the words of God in the Bible - that God will take away his part out of the book of life.

It also tells us that if anyone ADDS TO THE WORDS OF GOD IN THE BIBLE - THAT THE PLAGUES OF THIS BOOK SHALL BE ADDED UNTO HIM...

Hey old timer, taking the above verses out of context aren't you?

Just for kicks, check out this website. Check out all of the misinterpreted scriptures he uses. Like on the instrumental debate thread, or about marriage/divorce/remarriage, or about not letting people observe the Lord's Supper.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chatmoss Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chatmoss Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chatmoss People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE