Annoying Proxy

France

#314 Sep 29, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
I Enoch is also in the DSS and was considered Scripture at that time. Who ensured it was lost for 1800 years? The 'Keeper' of the Book? If not they, then who?
That is a good question. The odds of these two Catholics giving an intelligent answer are greater than the odds of winning the lotto. If the early Holy Spirit led church believed Enoch was scripture can the 4th century church claim otherwise? Was the first century church Spirit led to a degree greater than the twelve? The twelve did not say Enoch was not scripture.
Annoying Proxy

France

#315 Sep 29, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Reilly + 60 Minutes = a self-serving combo!
Since this is supposed to be your brother are you supposed to be so negative of him? After all he is just following in the tradition of all Catholic leaders. Our Catholic Supreme Court Judges gave us the Obamatax and homosexual marriage. Our Catholic legislators are the backbone of gay rights and abortion laws. Seems to be serving his own purpose is very Catholic of him. On second thought bashing a brother is very Catholic of you. Sorry, next time I will think before I post. You notice I never said a word about the scandals or your "who am I to judge Pope". Sorry about that again Mark, what is wrong with me today? That is also very Catholic of the Pope because most bishops especially the main one decides what is and is not sin and the churches position on that. It is in the same tradition as you and Mike, never answering or knowing anything. Atheists and homosexuals are in and can be saved, many are actually Catholic priests, but being Protestant, no forgiveness for that.
William

Spartanburg, SC

#316 Sep 29, 2013
So has Bill O'Clowney wandered off of the Catholic reservation when he announces that non other than the Holy Spirit Himself told him to write this book?

To be honest, this is something that I would expect from a Joel Osteen or a John Hagee, not O'Clowney. And will Tim Tebow play Jesus in the movie version?

Ecumenical Bill, he should be called. He will take both Catholic AND Protestant money for his book!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#317 Sep 29, 2013
William wrote:
So has Bill O'Clowney wandered off of the Catholic reservation when he announces that non other than the Holy Spirit Himself told him to write this book?
To be honest, this is something that I would expect from a Joel Osteen or a John Hagee, not O'Clowney. And will Tim Tebow play Jesus in the movie version?
Ecumenical Bill, he should be called. He will take both Catholic AND Protestant money for his book!
I would buy some trash from RC Sproul before I would from Bill O!
William

Spartanburg, SC

#318 Sep 29, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
I would buy some trash from RC Sproul before I would from Bill O!
Sproul is all over da interwebs. No need to part with your cash to buy his stuff.

Not a very good bidness model if you ask me.

Location hidden

#319 Sep 29, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Sproul is all over da interwebs. No need to part with your cash to buy his stuff.
Not a very good bidness model if you ask me.
The Sproulist denomination can't even give it away LOL

And as for Bill O...his softball interview is one of the reasons Obama got elected and from what I'm told Bill O continues to pretend all is well in Obamaland. I also don't watch 60 Minutes but I do know all liberal politicians and authors head there when they have a cause or a book to sell.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#320 Sep 30, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Church ordained Palladius as Bishop of Ireland in AD 431? Was it your church or my Church?
It was yours I dont have a church, however the church of the Lord Christ, God, first born, Not RCC existed from pentecost.

Location hidden

#321 Sep 30, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Sommer
Read that link JC. That's where yours, JR, and Heath's coc came from. History is hard to deny.
You have no idea about the church I belong to unless you read the bible. I have no idea other then what I see on you tube about the church JR and Heath worship with. And wikipedia does not know either.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#322 Sep 30, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea about the church I belong to unless you read the bible. I have no idea other then what I see on you tube about the church JR and Heath worship with. And wikipedia does not know either.
Church buildings.
Welches grape juice.
Communion containers.
Arguments over instrumental music.
Ordered offerings every Sunday.
"5 acts of worship".
The holy handshake.

I could go on. You get the picture. Playing naive doesn't get you anywhere. We all know what JR, Heath, and the hardline coc teach. It's all over the internet, they have written periodicals for 200 years explaining their views. Their websites give it away. Plus we know history. Burying your head in the sand makes you look bad.

I get what you're saying. I feel the same way. If I am part of HIS church, that goes beyond any organization we belong to. But to say the coc is His church, thinking we are the restored order of things, and have been in existence since Pentecost? No.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#323 Sep 30, 2013
William wrote:
Bill O'REALLY wandered off all reservations several years ago. Had to stop watching- trying to convince Dad that he's off his rocker and to stop watching. O'Really is clueless about what's going on imho.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#324 Sep 30, 2013
Serious question here though- how can the HS lead so many into different opinions? Different interpretations, ideas of canon? Either the Spirit is schizophrenic or we got things wrong.
William

Birmingham, AL

#325 Sep 30, 2013
"Serious question here though- how can the HS lead so many into different opinions? Different interpretations, ideas of canon? Either the Spirit is schizophrenic or we got things wrong."

There is more than one "spirit" out there. Obviously.

I'd like to ask O'Reilly how he KNEW that it was THE Holy Spirit telling him to write this book. How could he be sure?

Sounds downright Pentecostal to me.
William

Birmingham, AL

#326 Sep 30, 2013
"Bill O'REALLY wandered off all reservations several years ago. Had to stop watching- trying to convince Dad that he's off his rocker and to stop watching. O'Really is clueless about what's going on imho."

He got a ten million dollar advance on this book from the publisher. I'd say we all know exactly what spirit was telling him write it.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#327 Sep 30, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Serious question here though- how can the HS lead so many into different opinions? Different interpretations, ideas of canon? Either the Spirit is schizophrenic or we got things wrong.
Amen !!!!!
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#328 Sep 30, 2013
William wrote:
"Serious question here though- how can the HS lead so many into different opinions? Different interpretations, ideas of canon? Either the Spirit is schizophrenic or we got things wrong."
There is more than one "spirit" out there. Obviously.
I'd like to ask O'Reilly how he KNEW that it was THE Holy Spirit telling him to write this book. How could he be sure?
Sounds downright Pentecostal to me.
I know of 3.

Holy Spirit. This one has 1 Truth.

Human Spirit

Evil Spirit.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#329 Sep 30, 2013
William wrote:
"Bill O'REALLY wandered off all reservations several years ago. Had to stop watching- trying to convince Dad that he's off his rocker and to stop watching. O'Really is clueless about what's going on imho."
He got a ten million dollar advance on this book from the publisher. I'd say we all know exactly what spirit was telling him write it.
The spirit of Almighty Dollar Bill.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#330 Sep 30, 2013
Perhaps many are wrongly concluding that OUR spirit telling them something is the HS LEADING them to something.

Location hidden

#331 Sep 30, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>It was yours I dont have a church, however the church of the Lord Christ, God, first born, Not RCC existed from pentecost.
But didn't you say the Catholic Church is only 1,000 years old? Did it send missionaries all over Europe more than 1,600 years ago?

Location hidden

#332 Sep 30, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Church buildings.
Welches grape juice.
Communion containers.
"5 acts of worship".
The holy handshake.
I could go on. You get the picture. Playing naive doesn't get you anywhere. We all know what JR, Heath, and the hardline coc teach. It's all over the internet, they have written periodicals for 200 years explaining their views. Their websites give it away. Plus we know history. Burying your head in the sand makes you look bad.
I get what you're saying. I feel the same way. If I am part of HIS church, that goes beyond any organization we belong to. But to say the coc is His church, thinking we are the restored order of things, and have been in existence since Pentecost? No.
Showing things in common with other groups does not discount whether a group if following the bible or not so dont throw those arguments out there. Making unfounded accusations makes you appear not only with lack of personal knowledge but also a trouble maker.

Location hidden

#333 Sep 30, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Church buildings.
Welches grape juice.
Communion containers.
"5 acts of worship".
The holy handshake.
By the way when you say WE that makes me understand that you think of your group as a denomination which the true church is not. WE restored nothing since the true church has always existed. And yes the church that is truly follow the bible in its beliefs has existed since the founding of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatmoss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did the Second Coming of Jesus Occur A.D. 70 3 min William 91
Catholics (Feb '14) 14 min Mike_Peterson 2,135
World without end 1 hr Axel Reid 86
Biblical Symbolism Fri HEATH - 72 4
The 2nd coming of Jesus Apr 21 HEATH - 72 22
Steve Baisden and James Stuart Russell Apr 21 THE True Preterist 4
The Bible teaches that the Earth will never end Apr 21 HEATH - 72 37
More from around the web

Chatmoss People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE