Some Cape Cod towns want to expand ro...

Some Cape Cod towns want to expand room tax

There are 3 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Dec 29, 2008, titled Some Cape Cod towns want to expand room tax. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Some Cape Cod towns want to extend the 9.7 percent hotel room tax to private homes and condominiums as a way to raise extra cash during tough financial times.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

SAL

Greer, SC

#1 Dec 29, 2008
what the heck is Cape Cod even thinking of-- it's a good way to keep people OUT of there--
ah-- it WAS a lovely place-- we went there for our "honey moon"-- eons ago-- the early 50s-- to bad it will become such a disaster.

“Everything is local”

Since: Apr 08

Great Barrington, MA

#2 Dec 29, 2008
Smart idea, in tough economic times raise taxes. Berkshire County watch this act closely.
James

Cape Coral, FL

#3 Dec 29, 2008
Cut down on the bureaucrats who run the club house! Keep charging the people who visit the cape and soon there won’t be any. They are the problems they spend money in those town. TAX_TAX_TAX_TAX! That’s the best thing!
Better yet - Just say stay away! Thee is no one else who has what we have here. They can’t go any where else! Go get them Tax man

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Edgartown fisherman will open new fish market i... May '16 Linda 1
News Hotel History: The Harbor View Hotel (1891), Ed... May '16 Angeline 1
News Orleans District Court (Aug '09) Nov '15 LawGuy 22
News Obama Tees Off on 1st Full Day of Martha's Vine... (Aug '15) Aug '15 barefoot2626 49
News Beached Shark Gets a Life-Saving Tow (Jul '15) Jul '15 flbadcatowner 4
News Hotel on North: Pittsfield's first boutique hot... (Jun '15) Jun '15 cops are liars an... 3
News Can You Paint Ceramic Tile? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Leachmark707 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chatham Mortgages