Posted in the Chase City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“You go, WE go! ”

Since: Mar 08

Chase City, VA

#1 Mar 27, 2008
Recent public response to the cancellation of this years "South Central Bike Fair" prompted several concerned citizens to meet with the membership of the CCVFD Thursday night.
After much discussion it was voted that the Bike Fair will continue this year as previously scheduled.
The event, which draws thousands to the area will be held, as usual, at the CCVFD Training Grounds on Jonbil Road Friday June 13 and Saturday June 14.
A new committee is hastily being formed and will meet Wednesday, April 2 at the Firehouse to begin planning this years event.
On behalf of the CCVFD I would like to express our thanks to the citizens who voiced their concerns and volunteered their help and support.
And, as always, we appreciate the generous support we recieve from our community!
Please look for future information to be released in the local newspapers as well as here. And please pass this information on...
WE'RE BACK !!!

Urbanna, VA

#2 Mar 28, 2008
Alright!! I can't wait. Thanks for everybody's help!
Heather McKinney

Gloucester, VA

#3 Mar 28, 2008
Thank god...This is one of the biggest events Chase City has, it would have been stupid to not have it cause it brings in money for Chase City. I am so glad it was decided to continue on with the bike show. We will be there! C-ya in June...
is this to late

United States

#4 Mar 28, 2008
you guys plan this out over 6 or 7 months? do you have enough time to do it up correctly? best of luck, because you're gonna need it! let's go CCVFD! are the big 3 (dana, curtis, & brian on with it?)
Carolyn Moorefield Moore

United States

#5 Mar 28, 2008
Thank the Lord!!!!! Why would you not have such a wonderful fund raising event. People look forward to this all year. Keep up the good work.
Ghostrider

Birmingham, AL

#6 Mar 28, 2008
I would like to thank the concerned citizens that revived this event. This event has brought so much attention to Chase City for the past 12 years, it would have been a big let down for those who have supported it for so long. I am just so glad someone picked the ball up and got going again. The town merchants and the CCVFD aswell as the community really need this event. Losts of fun and a lot of freindships have occured due to this event! I do not think its to late, help spread the word!!!!!!!!
WEBE81

Annapolis, MD

#7 Mar 28, 2008
Good decision guys! This is one of the greatest BIKER EVENTS on the Ease Coast, layed back and southern style.We will spread the good news!
MrBreeze

Annapolis, MD

#8 Mar 29, 2008
Good decision CCVFD ! I think this will give some boost to the community. Old and young everyone has enjoyed the event in one way or another! Get the kids out by 4:00pm and in my opinion, things will really improve.
for your info

AOL

#9 Mar 29, 2008
is this to late wrote:
you guys plan this out over 6 or 7 months? do you have enough time to do it up correctly? best of luck, because you're gonna need it! let's go CCVFD! are the big 3 (dana, curtis, & brian on with it?)
no!
for your info

AOL

#10 Mar 29, 2008
This is wonderful! I dont think they need luck theyll be fine. the community will pull together & make it happen.
moses

United States

#11 Mar 29, 2008
for your info wrote:
This is wonderful! I dont think they need luck theyll be fine. the community will pull together & make it happen.
you are talking about the chase city community right? i dont think they could pull together a hot dog roast. you are talking about a group of people that couldnt find time to attend the opening of a letter must less a three day event.

“You go, WE go! ”

Chase City, VA

#12 Mar 29, 2008
moses wrote:
<quoted text>you are talking about the chase city community right? i dont think they could pull together a hot dog roast. you are talking about a group of people that couldnt find time to attend the opening of a letter must less a three day event.
Moses, instead of constantly complaining and adding your juvinile quips to this blog why don't you volunteer your help?...become part of the solution instead of the problem!
moses

United States

#13 Mar 29, 2008
H2OCMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses, instead of constantly complaining and adding your juvinile quips to this blog why don't you volunteer your help?...become part of the solution instead of the problem!
i am amazed that you not only used the word quips,but you used it in the correct context.good work.once again i must explain that this site is for entertainment purposes only.this is not the site to save the world.i am providing a service of comic relief for the people who surf thru the bullshit to find some sort of information.
Dwayne T

Stephens City, VA

#14 Mar 29, 2008
This is good news to me. I'd like to find out who (or should it be whom?) will be "leading" the event. Dana, Brian, and Curtis were so knowledgeable about bikes and bike shows that they will be hard to replace. I know they need a rest though...and I don't think anyone could ever accuse them of not serving the community. I hope it turns out well, as it always has. I might try to make it to the next "open" meeting if there is one. Keep us posted.
Peace,
Dwayne
is this to late

United States

#15 Mar 29, 2008
please don't turn this good news into a damn circus...
so, just to make sure i am correct... the big 3 are not involved?
Dwayne T

Stephens City, VA

#16 Mar 29, 2008
How the F*CK ARE MY COMMENTS TURNING THIS INTO A F*CKING CIRCUS??????

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?????????

“You go, WE go! ”

Chase City, VA

#17 Mar 29, 2008
is this to late wrote:
please don't turn this good news into a damn circus...
so, just to make sure i am correct... the big 3 are not involved?
Curtis is involved at this point... as well as several other concerned Bikers that attended the meeting Thursday night. We at the CCVFD are concerned as well. Just to make this very clear for everyone once and for all... there were VERY FEW CCVFD members who were in favor of the cancellation. It was voted on by the Department, as a whole, mainly because the cancellation had already been posted on the SCBF website and sent out in a mass e-mail without the majority of the Department aware of the cancellation. At that point we figured we were already screwed. We've got a lot of ground to cover in short time, but with the outpouring of support we've seen we will be OK.
Dwayne T

Stephens City, VA

#18 Mar 29, 2008
Thanks for the info Rick. If you need any web or internet help just let me know.

Peace,
Dwayne

“You go, WE go! ”

Chase City, VA

#19 Mar 29, 2008
Dwayne T wrote:
Thanks for the info Rick. If you need any web or internet help just let me know.
Peace,
Dwayne
Thanks Dwayne, We probably will need your help and I appreciate the offer. Like I said earlier , we will meet Wednesday night 04/02 at 7 P.M. at the firehouse. Hope to see you then.
sosueme

Annapolis, MD

#20 Mar 30, 2008
I am thinking this will really pull together a broken community and make the bike show a better one in terms of brotherhood.Bigger does not always mean better!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chase City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where do i go to get a free background check? (Nov '13) Feb '15 Monique 3
How do you look up someone's Work History? (Dec '13) Dec '13 voxovalorehy 2
Does anyone know a better downloading source th... (Dec '13) Dec '13 lamobusibev 2
men (Mar '13) Mar '13 goo goo girl 1
Mecklenburg County School Board (Mar '13) Mar '13 Judy Lewis 2
Only in Mecklenburg County (Jan '13) Jan '13 WhoReallyCares 1
Comcast availabilty in chase city (Jun '12) Jun '12 Jess 1
Chase City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chase City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]