as chase city takes its last breath, ...

as chase city takes its last breath, the town council stomps it out

Posted in the Chase City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
moses

United States

#1 Jan 21, 2009
SO ANY NEW CLOSINGS?
the guy

Warsaw, NC

#2 Jan 26, 2009
i hope they close off the town limits and just melt down the town. they could put a math equation (something like 2 x 2 =?) at all the entrances/exits as to weed out the few intelligent beings....the rest will just melt away :)
Connie

Lawrenceville, GA

#3 Jan 29, 2009
They are doing exactly what they always planned for Chase City. Its a retirement communinty.
Rowdy Roddy Piper

King William, VA

#4 Jan 29, 2009
At this point if we could get a hundred or so retirees in here we'd be better off than we are. Atleast they'd bring money and movement to downtown.
the guy

Warsaw, NC

#5 Jan 29, 2009
who in their right mind would retire to chase city?? there is nothing there...you have the lake of course, but why chase city? what about the numerous other towns in VA and NC that surround the lake. chase city is less than a slum...its a whole...its filled with societies rejects...people that hide in the country and milk the system for all its worth...people more capable than i am sometimes to work, yet sit at home all day and live off us taxpayers....
butterbean

Winchester, VA

#6 Jan 30, 2009
i agree with the guy ,thats why im moving to Bracey,plenty of dumpsters to dive into.do they still have that massage parlor my back is kind of tight.
Rowdy Roddy Piper

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jan 30, 2009
Ya gotta think positive! If Chase City can get 2 or 3 hundred retired people to move to town we'd have some of the empty houses sold. The grass cutting people will have more work (CD, Winthy, Pugh) cause retired old people can't cut their own grass. Richie, CVS, Atlantic Medical, the Dr. Offices would explode with new business. A lot of gas would be sold cause of the big SUV's and/or huge Buicks that would come to town. Lois Kitchen would get tons of more business. Donnie and Glenn would have new prospects as well. The town would get a new source of revenue and taxes and sell more cemetary plots. Old folks are paranoid so there'd be more 911 calls to keep the police MOVING! That in turn may push the druggies off Main Street and back down to Uppy's where they belong. The liquor store will sell a better brand of booze cause old retired folk don't take to Ripple or Wild Irish Rose I can go on and on and on but why? Hey, if we can't draw industry why not draw musty money?
moses

South Hill, VA

#8 Feb 1, 2009
you forgot to mention the sell of moth balls and chewing gum,because you know grandma always has chewing gum in her purse and her house always smells of moth balls.....also the price of yarn would sky rocket with all the quilts being made
the guy

Warsaw, NC

#9 Feb 1, 2009
old people that live in and our around chase city wouldnt shop for groceries there...they would ride to sotuhboston or south hill walmart, u know better than that...
Rowdy Roddy Piper

Urbanna, VA

#10 Feb 2, 2009
There would be an increase of sales for the Richmond Times Disgrace, The CC Regress, and the Macklumburd Sun so the old folks could keep up with the obits.

(thinks to himself.... What the he** am I talking about. I do that too..hmm)
moses

United States

#11 Feb 4, 2009
the only thing keeping chase city going right now is the gas stations, because everyone fills up before leaving town to spend there money somewhere else.you know what they really need is another fuc-ing church cause thats going to really help...jesus has long since left chase city and never looked back....amen
the guy

Warsaw, NC

#12 Feb 4, 2009
what a lovely comment using such extreme words along side Jesus and Church.....i suppose you are the prime example for need of more religious experience in cc
moses

United States

#13 Feb 5, 2009
the guy wrote:
what a lovely comment using such extreme words along side Jesus and Church.....i suppose you are the prime example for need of more religious experience in cc
i my son have given the tablets of the commandments to the people by god.if you didnt notice i am moses...jesus is my boo and will agree my comments are direct quotes from the savior himself....do not question my motives or i will have him strike you down .....p.s. have a nice day
the guy

Warsaw, NC

#14 Feb 5, 2009
your boo? what a d1psh*t lol...its ok son, i'm not surprised, it is chase city after all....
SinisterFate

Winchester, VA

#15 Feb 6, 2009
It doesn't really mean much anymore to dog CC or it's past and present leaders for our predicament. It's over for most of America at this point. Unless and until the Feds drop the outrageously high tax rates and rape of entrepreneurs and small/big businesses Everybody is going to loose. Not only in CC but everywhere. Might be time to think about moving to another country.

Hate to sound so pessimistic but I really truly believe we will see the complete collapse of Western Civilization in the next 5 years. And Obama isn't the answer. We should have voted in a Libertarian.
littlewomen

East Bend, NC

#16 Feb 7, 2009
While Obama takes the Airforce jet from Washington to Williamsburg... now I wonder, how much did that cost? And his laugh is evil. I agree that we probably will see the collapse of western civilization. And I don't think there's a dang thing we can do about it because noone stands up to or for anything any more. Amen.
Rowdy Roddy Piper

Gloucester, VA

#17 Feb 8, 2009
Oh come on guys. Don't throw the dirt on the grave of Western Cicilization yet. Actually this is a good chance to get rid of old outdated ways. To get right down to the bottom of things the culprit is oil and what the US and other countries are willing to do for oil. Now we have the chance to find alternatives to oil. Solar, geothermal, hydro, biofuels and wind. Think of the millions of jobs waiting to be created in the production,distributing and selling of products that utilize these technologies. It's there, all our country needs to do to be on the forefront is to have a government that wants it and works together to get it. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! We're dead. Gimme the shovel please.
moses

United States

#19 Feb 10, 2009
the guy wrote:
your boo? what a d1psh*t lol...its ok son, i'm not surprised, it is chase city after all....
you to may need to be saved my son.i will instruct you on how to baptise yourself at home.step 1.go to bathroom step 2.open lid to toilet. step 3. place head in toilet. step 4. flush several times until the demons have left your soul..if that doesnt work just follow the steps again.. rinse and repeat..
the guy

Warsaw, NC

#20 Feb 10, 2009
i know a game boy, you go first and play lets drink whats under the sink
mose

United States

#21 Feb 10, 2009
the guy wrote:
i know a game boy, you go first and play lets drink whats under the sink
thats got to be the lamest comeback in topix history....please take your time and try again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chase City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Medicaid Expansion Feb '16 Patient X 1
Kelly (Peade,Puckett ) Culpepper (Sep '15) Sep '15 pops 1
where do i go to get a free background check? (Nov '13) Feb '15 Monique 3
How do you look up someone's Work History? (Dec '13) Dec '13 voxovalorehy 2
Does anyone know a better downloading source th... (Dec '13) Dec '13 lamobusibev 2
men (Mar '13) Mar '13 goo goo girl 1
Mecklenburg County School Board (Mar '13) Mar '13 Judy Lewis 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chase City Mortgages