The sound of silence is deafening

The sound of silence is deafening

Posted in the Chase City Forum

Louis Cypher

Winchester, VA

#1 Jan 18, 2008
So it looks like the topics board lost control there for a while. Welcome to the world of the Internet and anonymous postings.

You are, by and large, a SAD SAD lot. You sit back and think CC is the greatest little small town in the world. All the while the jobs, such as they are, keep leaving, and heaven forbid you might need a rubber washer for your kitchen sink on a Saturday afternoon after 12:00. Then it's off to Walmart in South Hill or South Boston to get that little rubber washer and while you are there why not pick up a few shirts and a pair of jeans. And all the while the "transplants" post their "Just Say No to Ethenol" signs like some post apocalyptic Nancy Reagan in her "Just Say no to Drugs" days. Well folks I'm here to tell you that Drugs are here and they are here to stay and as long as you've got a complacent Town Council, an inept Town Manager, and a lame Duck Mayor it's only going to get worse. Rome is burning and no one, save a few brave souls, is trying to convince a community of idiots that unless a town is growing then it's dying. It's about time to order the casket for Chase City. You can all have it...I'm done with the lot of you.
Stephen Hatcher Jr

Vernon Hill, VA

#2 Jan 20, 2008
The sad fact is for the most part you nailed this on the head. However i will also state that the reason we are dying because people are to easy to quit. Perhaps you should be as strong with your verbage at the meettings and newspapers as you are on this site. The problem is there are people willing to fight like myself and some others. But to many people like yourself will not take action and stand with us. Now if i have misjudged you i deeply appologize but as for me im sticking in the fight. Im going to go toe to toe, blow for blow how about everybody else. THe question remains HOW ABOUT YOU AND THE OTHERS THAT ARE RUNNING AT THE MOUTH??:):) When will you stand with us??????????
Silence is NOT GOLDEN

Newport News, VA

#3 Feb 1, 2008
That was all well said!!! People are so AFRAID to stand up for their rights its appalling!!! The few of us that do get slapped down or quieted one way or the other, until the city does its housekeeping and we have FRESH NEW blood in place, this is what we are going to have!! Drugs are definetly here and people are dying. Shootings and stabbings are on the rise. I live in the county not chase city so according to most I have no say so! I hear people complain EVERY day......but do they do anything about it??? NO! Go sit in Tasty Freeze on any given day...the biggest complainers are there!!
moses

United States

#4 Feb 2, 2008
i think the tastee freeze in chase city is accuatly the gate way to hell.....
Jebediah Jone

Winchester, VA

#5 Feb 2, 2008
I have seen a swirling twister like entity moving about inside the Tastee Freeze...but usually it's right behind a pair of nylon slacks and a Marlboro Red...interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chase City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Medicaid Expansion Feb '16 Patient X 1
Kelly (Peade,Puckett ) Culpepper (Sep '15) Sep '15 pops 1
where do i go to get a free background check? (Nov '13) Feb '15 Monique 3
How do you look up someone's Work History? (Dec '13) Dec '13 voxovalorehy 2
Does anyone know a better downloading source th... (Dec '13) Dec '13 lamobusibev 2
men (Mar '13) Mar '13 goo goo girl 1
Mecklenburg County School Board (Mar '13) Mar '13 Judy Lewis 2

Chase City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chase City Mortgages