South Central Bike Fair
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frustrated Part 2

United States

#1 Mar 1, 2008
Several people have informed me that the CCVFD was now more interested in BINGO than BIke Fair. I tend to agree consider the laziness of the majority of this group. It is alot easier to sit on your butt and smoke a cigarette inside and call a number or pass out bingo sheets than work 3 days outside in the heat for an event like the Bike Fair. It is a shame that thirteen years of hard work goes down the drain because of LAZINESS!!!!!!!!!
I am sorry for all of the LOSS- loss of revenue and an event for the town of Chase City, loss of tourism for Mecklenburg County, loss of friendships, loss of work for the vendors. loss of just a plain ole GOOD time for all. Unfortunatley, Dwayne is correct in that Chase City is dying. This event is just one more event in a long line to disappear.
I have one last question---
Where is all the money exactly?????
MOSES

United States

#2 Mar 2, 2008
Frustrated Part 2 wrote:
Several people have informed me that the CCVFD was now more interested in BINGO than BIke Fair. I tend to agree consider the laziness of the majority of this group. It is alot easier to sit on your butt and smoke a cigarette inside and call a number or pass out bingo sheets than work 3 days outside in the heat for an event like the Bike Fair. It is a shame that thirteen years of hard work goes down the drain because of LAZINESS!!!!!!!!!
I am sorry for all of the LOSS- loss of revenue and an event for the town of Chase City, loss of tourism for Mecklenburg County, loss of friendships, loss of work for the vendors. loss of just a plain ole GOOD time for all. Unfortunatley, Dwayne is correct in that Chase City is dying. This event is just one more event in a long line to disappear.
I have one last question---
Where is all the money exactly?????
bingo is for poor blacks who cant do math..kinda like the lottery.maybe someone left ben williams in charge of the money and it just disappered...
interested

United States

#3 Mar 2, 2008
NOOOOOOOO- Let's leave Ben out of this.
YouStartedThis

Crewe, VA

#4 Mar 2, 2008
Ok frustrated first of all you need to get your facts straight. Thoes lazy people as you put it is one of the best Volunteer Fire Departments there is around. Before you say such things you should have your facts strait. THERE IS NOTHING LAZY ABOUT THAT FIRE DEPARTMENT!! IDOIT. Lets just see how lazy they are if you ever need them
Phaedrus

Winchester, VA

#5 Mar 2, 2008
Hey Stephen...don't be so harsh on Frustrated. It had been rumored for quite a while that the CCVFD was looking at Bingo as the "be all/end all" for fund raising. And you have to admit that only running Bingo for fund raising could really be considered "Lazy" as opposed to the hard work it takes in putting on an event as Huge as the Bike Show.

I also think Frustrated has made it very clear in other posts that she has much respect for those on the department that really do see it as a sacrifice and work hard to save lives and property.

And I know for a fact that Frustrated is probably one of the most intelligent and well read people that one could ever be lucky enough to know and call a friend. So please don't use the word "Idiot" to describe Frustrated.

Peace,
Dwayne
moses

Southport, NC

#6 Mar 2, 2008
ive got an idea...why dont the folks that are posting on this sight kick down the door to the next town meeting and say enough is enough and voice there opinions in an open forum where the folks that are running this town into the ground can see that people really do care what happens to this town.there has got to be a changing of the guard..its your civic duty as an american to change things when there is corruption in local government as well as national government.well thats about as serious as i will get on a blog thats for entertainment purposes.i will be back with more tom foolery and bally hoo in the future...
Stephen D Hatcher jr

Vernon Hill, VA

#7 Mar 3, 2008
Phaedrus, Point well taken and after reading through the other post i feel you are correct. Therefore i appologize for the idiot part. Please understand though that our VFD has been scrutinized here lately and i know alot of the people that serve on it and they are very devoted. So i steped up to deffend them. After talking to some and reading some of the enties here there are a few that can not share the same dignity. But as you were harsh at first it appears that i may have been the same to frustrated. So to you frustrated i offer you my appology. I did not read what you had on the other thread before i posted this one. After reading your other post i understand.

Moses. Yeah that is about as serious as i have seen you. You have definatly brought some humore to these topics. Keep up the good work:):)
ccrider

Gloucester, VA

#8 Mar 3, 2008
Stephen,Jr. Don't patronize Moses, it just adds fuel to his fire. I have been out of town. Went to BIKEWEEK in Daytona and ran into his mom, and even she was telling me how obnoxious he was!!!
Dwayne T

Winchester, VA

#9 Mar 3, 2008
Moses is Da Man! Keeping it real for 3,000 years Moses rulz!
Stephen D Hatcher jr

Vernon Hill, VA

#10 Mar 3, 2008
ccrider we still need some humor no matter how obnoxious one is:)
Frustrated

Norfolk, VA

#11 Mar 5, 2008
My appology to the VFD. I am truly sorry.
moses

United States

#12 Mar 6, 2008
ccrider wrote:
Stephen,Jr. Don't patronize Moses, it just adds fuel to his fire. I have been out of town. Went to BIKEWEEK in Daytona and ran into his mom, and even she was telling me how obnoxious he was!!!
c.c.rider please attack me directly.have the balls to direct your comments to me not anyone else.i have and will continue to chew you up and spit you out as i have done in previous post.and by the way i know you were not at bike week,i saw pics of you at a pride parade in san fransisco with a feather boa and go go pants.....
ccrider

Norfolk, VA

#13 Mar 7, 2008
You seem to know a lot about feather boas, whatever they are, is that direct enough!!!! Chew on that and spit in the mirror!!!!LOL
moses

United States

#14 Mar 7, 2008
ccrider wrote:
You seem to know a lot about feather boas, whatever they are, is that direct enough!!!! Chew on that and spit in the mirror!!!!LOL
the eleventh commandment reads as follows" thou shall not post lame comments""this means you c.c.....
for your info

AOL

#15 Mar 29, 2008
The bike show is still on for June 2008 it wasnt the fire dept to begin with. Now the FIRE DEPT & other community members are taking over
Hokie 92

Winchester, VA

#16 Mar 29, 2008
I'm glad it's back on but one word of advice to the Fire Dept. Whoever the fat black guy (fireman) that ran the gates the last few years has GOT TO GO. This guy is an asshole. For 3 years straight I and/or my wife and friends put up with his big fucking mouth and "authority" as we paid our entrance fees. I made a comment last year that his ass needed to be taken off the line as he was not a good representative of the Fire Department or the Bike Show. I don't know the guy's name, but his fat ass needs to be put somewhere where he doesn't interact with the public this year.
imjusthere

United States

#17 Mar 31, 2008
i know who you are talking about but i wont mention names on here but you are right he is a total dickhead
Observer

Poway, CA

#18 Mar 31, 2008
imjusthere wrote:
i know who you are talking about but i wont mention names on here but you are right he is a total dickhead
ronnie davis?
moses

United States

#19 Mar 31, 2008
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
ronnie davis?
al sharpton?
ccrider

United States

#20 Mar 31, 2008
Rev. Jeramiah Williams is going to take his place this year!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chase City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
Kelly (Peade,Puckett ) Culpepper (Sep '15) Sep '15 pops 1
where do i go to get a free background check? (Nov '13) Feb '15 Monique 3
How do you look up someone's Work History? (Dec '13) Dec '13 voxovalorehy 2
Does anyone know a better downloading source th... (Dec '13) Dec '13 lamobusibev 2
men (Mar '13) Mar '13 goo goo girl 1
Mecklenburg County School Board (Mar '13) Mar '13 Judy Lewis 2

Chase City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chase City Mortgages