Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran a...

Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

There are 8 comments on the AmericanBankingNews.com story from Aug 27, 2013, titled Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog. In it, AmericanBankingNews.com reports that:

When James Glaser stepped into Big I's Restaurant in Oxford, Massachusetts with his service dog Jack, he was quickly told to leave in no uncertain terms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AmericanBankingNews.com.

Just a Vet

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Aug 27, 2013
Wow, I wonder if the owner of this place is the same guy that tried to spit on me when I came home 40 some years ago. I guess he could be related to Jane Fonda, that would explain his hostility towards a disabled Vet. I sure hope people remember this owners un-patriotic actions and make the appropriate decision when deciding where to eat. What does everyone think, is the owner a democrat/liberal or republican/conservative?
Tuff call here

Webster, MA

#2 Aug 29, 2013
This sounds more like a mutual misunderstanding.

On one hand we have a business owner who is not allowed to allow animals in his restaurant due to health code laws that are strictly enforced. He previously allowed this customer to bring the dog in and the dog then ate from a plate on the floor. Obviously that's an issue. Very unlike the professionally trained service dogs Ive seen in the past that usually have some sort of coat or vest that identifies them as service dogs. None of which this Jack Russel terrier (again, not a common breed for service dog) had on.

yet in this country if some1 claims to have a service dog its a violation of law to question it.

What was the owner to do?

Can anyone honestly tell me what he should have done (assuming that the past incidents are true about eating off the floor)? Is there a registry he could have called to confirm this dog was legit? It just seems like this can be easily abused by pet people who think their stinky dog is just as much a person as you or I.

Tuff call here, but as usual, cooler heads didnt prevail.
Tuff call here

Webster, MA

#3 Aug 29, 2013
Just a Vet wrote:
Wow, I wonder if the owner of this place is the same guy that tried to spit on me when I came home 40 some years ago. I guess he could be related to Jane Fonda, that would explain his hostility towards a disabled Vet. I sure hope people remember this owners un-patriotic actions and make the appropriate decision when deciding where to eat. What does everyone think, is the owner a democrat/liberal or republican/conservative?
How is this a republican/democrat issue? Just looking for an argument?
Patrick Fitzgerald

Auburn, MA

#4 Aug 30, 2013
Live 15 miles from Webster (good local news??)
I am an Vietnam Vet.hole.
The owner is an ass,
"why does he need a dog for breakfast??
So he doesn't tear your head off
may he go out of business.
Respect vet

Worcester, MA

#5 Aug 30, 2013
Another news click on the link for more report.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/12/di...
btg

Memphis, TN

#6 Aug 31, 2013
Tuff call here wrote:
This sounds more like a mutual misunderstanding.
On one hand we have a business owner who is not allowed to allow animals in his restaurant due to health code laws that are strictly enforced. He previously allowed this customer to bring the dog in and the dog then ate from a plate on the floor. Obviously that's an issue. Very unlike the professionally trained service dogs Ive seen in the past that usually have some sort of coat or vest that identifies them as service dogs. None of which this Jack Russel terrier (again, not a common breed for service dog) had on.
yet in this country if some1 claims to have a service dog it's a violation of law to question it.
What was the owner to do?
Can anyone honestly tell me what he should have done (assuming that the past incidents are true about eating off the floor)? Is there a registry he could have called to confirm this dog was legit? It just seems like this can be easily abused by pet people who think their stinky dog is just as much a person as you or I.
Tuff call here, but as usual, cooler heads didnt prevail.
The owner of the dog had papers to prove he was a service dog.
And the police confirmed it I under stand what you are saying. And if I was the owner I would have questioned it until I saw the papers. But after that this guy was just being an @$$.
Viet Nam Vet

Frankfort, OH

#7 Sep 22, 2013
Another good example of why service animals need to be PROPERLY trained, NATIONALLY certified and be REQUIRED to wear a standardized form of identification that shows they are a REAL service animal. We have a local veteran who has been abusing the privilage of having a service K9 with her. I trained K9s in the military and in civilian life and can, with 100% certainity, tell you that her mutt is either NOT a service animal or teh worst trained K9 I have ever seen. She has made a scene of being ejected or barred from several local businesses to get her name in the local paper.
Old vet too

Palm Desert, CA

#8 Oct 23, 2016
Another old man batching about getting spit on 50 years ago. Get over it grandpa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voters approve override for Dudley-Charlton sch... Apr 8 Joseph Pranaitis 1
Review: Mr Response Electric Inc (Aug '09) Apr 4 TMW 31
News News | 15-Month-Old Baby in Back Seat, As Worce... Mar 27 Tax Payer 1
News 17 arrests target 'Outlaws' (Nov '07) Mar '18 Goldo 56
News Southbridge turns down grant for riverside park Mar '18 RTI 1
Southbridge police Feb '18 Debra Guccione 1
Greg W Murray Colehamer (May '10) Dec '17 AA RON 10

Charlton Jobs

Personal Finance

Charlton Mortgages