Fees to take buses are catching on

Fees to take buses are catching on

There are 2 comments on the Telegram & Gazette story from Aug 30, 2007, titled Fees to take buses are catching on. In it, Telegram & Gazette reports that:

“All Grade 3 to 12 students living more than 1.5 miles from school are also bused. We are flexible and make accommodations in emergency situations, when there is a dangerous situation or illness in students living closer to the schools”

Auburn: $100 per child, $250 family cap; Grades K-6 free more than 2 miles. Leicester: $150 per child, $300 family cap; Grades K-6 free more than 2 miles. via Telegram & Gazette

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Telegram & Gazette.

Tanona007

Madison, CT

#1 Mar 27, 2008
I believe that parents should pay to have their children take the bus. I am a single mother with average income and would have no probelm paying. I also pay my property taxes which contributes to my daughter's school. Parents should take responsibility for their children and plan accordingly. Paying to support your children is part of the deal of becoming a parent. I know this is blunt - but such is life.

Since: Apr 08

Sturbridge, MA

#2 Apr 4, 2008
Agreed, but you and I are probably in the minority on this one. People feel they are "owed" a bus ride.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Southbridge man, son indicted again on charges ... Jun 24 Brown 1
David Larochelle (Jun '07) Jun 19 Debbie 28
Student freaks out over seeing Rebel flag Jun 19 Borderguard 1
News Bolton call firefighter charged in Lancaster, M... (May '15) Jun 14 civil servant sup... 4
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Framingham Jun 2 VictorOrians 1
News 19-year-old Dudley man accused of sexual assault May '17 Justice 2
News Diet sodas may be tied to stroke, dementia risk... Apr '17 AmeriBev 1

Charlton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlton Mortgages