First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dog Owner

United States

#1 Dec 9, 2013
My dog got shot with BB/Pellet Gun in Charlton Heights. In talking to neighbors I have learned that other dogs have been shot as well. I'm also aware there is a lease law but at times even my dog will venture through town to play with other dogs. Doesn't mean she should get shot. What was disturbing to learn is a dog owner questioned a lady regarding another neighbors dog being shot. This woman had been seen shooting dogs. She said she only shoots at the Boston Terriers... knowingly admitted to shooting those two but denies shooting others. I don't know who shot my dog. If anyone see someone shooting dogs please call authorities.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#2 Dec 9, 2013
Is your dog okay?
xxx

Charleston, WV

#3 Dec 9, 2013
Polly Euronymous wrote:
Is your dog okay?
I can't stand anyone who is mean towards animals,I report animal when I see it but most of the time nothing is done to these ppl.I'm a animal lover,I donate money to the Aspca every month.Animals have feelings too.Animal cruelty breaks my heart.
Omgl

Charleston, WV

#4 Dec 10, 2013
Who is it cause my brother lives up there with two dogs!?!
Shady In The Heights

Charleston, WV

#5 Dec 11, 2013
I believe I may be the "another owner" you are referring. My dog was also shot twice with a bb gun recently. She now has two balled spots on her hind quarters from her wounds but is fine. She's a very sweet dog and don't know why anyone would ever shoot her. She will run off every blue moon. I typically can always find her at same place. She has a friend down in town she likes to go visit.

I would like to clarify I never told anyone who I thought shot my dog because I don't know. In discussing with members of the community about my dog, I also found it ironic that the same person was mentioned to me by multiple people. I never confronted that person nor did I ask or tell anyone to confront that person. The lady who did question them did so on her own. I was told by resident that the lady questioned the other person and that they wanted to clear their name. This is my point, I never said I thought that was who done it. I'm also not sure how clear ones name is if according to the above post that they admitted to shooting two dogs and denied shooting the other. But that's just an opinion and that's assuming they actually admitted shooting the other dogs. I do agree, if you see someone shooting a dog, please call authorities immediately. This is a horrible act and sounds like it's happening to multiple dogs.
Shady In The Heights

Charleston, WV

#6 Dec 11, 2013
Dog Owner - Is your dog ok? I am very sorry to hear it's happening to others.
bad dogs

Charleston, WV

#7 Dec 15, 2013
The Boston Terriers need to be on a leash. They have bitten several children and tried to bite many different people. Have some respect for your neighbors. Keep them fenced or on a leash!
who

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 16, 2013
Leash law!! Nuff said. I don't agree with animals being abused, but if I have an animal, it's my responsibility to keep it leashed or fenced in.
Boo Whoo

Charleston, WV

#9 Dec 16, 2013
Must not have been too bad I saw one running around today. People should keep their dogs in their own yards and keep them quiet. There are too many dogs running loose and barking 24/7. Keep your dogs and their shit in your yard and tell them to shut the hell up!!! Not everyone is a dog lover and wants to listen to or look at that crap all the time.

Location hidden

#10 Dec 16, 2013
I'm guessing the last 3 responses are from the same person and that person is a douchebag.
who

Charleston, WV

#11 Dec 16, 2013
Polly Euronymous wrote:
I'm guessing the last 3 responses are from the same person and that person is a douchebag.
No.

Location hidden

#12 Dec 16, 2013
Either way, someone who shoots an animal who isn't actively biting or threatening to bite someone, is an ass.

Sorry.

My dogs have gotten loose before. Fences break, collars come off, things happen.

And you're telling me that would justify shooting them?

I don't really let my dogs play in my yard for that reason. Don't want some power trippin' redneck with an itchy trigger finger to shoot them over a simple mistake.

Now if the dogs are biting and attacking people, that's different.
who

Charleston, WV

#13 Dec 17, 2013
Polly Euronymous wrote:
Either way, someone who shoots an animal who isn't actively biting or threatening to bite someone, is an ass.

Sorry.

My dogs have gotten loose before. Fences break, collars come off, things happen.

And you're telling me that would justify shooting them?

I don't really let my dogs play in my yard for that reason. Don't want some power trippin' redneck with an itchy trigger finger to shoot them over a simple mistake.

Now if the dogs are biting and attacking people, that's different.
I understand that fences break. And I'm not condoning shooting them. It's the dog owners that just have a dog, or cat just to have one. They are not properly taken care of and allowed to run free.
God

Charleston, WV

#14 Dec 25, 2013
A dog is God's creature and has the right to walk the Earth just as you do my child. Just because you lack a clear mind and loving heart does not mean you should be locked up either.
who

Charleston, WV

#15 Dec 25, 2013
God wrote:
A dog is God's creature and has the right to walk the Earth just as you do my child. Just because you lack a clear mind and loving heart does not mean you should be locked up either.
And the Bible says that we shall have dominion over all creatures. Therefore, take care and dominion over them! Not for everyone else to do!!
Mike

Lizemores, WV

#16 Dec 25, 2013
How would shooting them with a BB gun help any? All that does is hurt them.

It's more than likely some pansy redneck. That's why they shoot harmless animals instead of going to the owners. Puss*es
Kicked

Charleston, WV

#17 Dec 26, 2013
Dog wardens need to pick the stupid dogs up and fine the owners for not obeying the leash law. There should also be a noise nuisance law for barking dogs and fines for the stupid owners who let them bark day and night..
mike s friend

Hockessin, DE

#18 Dec 26, 2013
Kicked wrote:
Dog wardens need to pick the stupid dogs up and fine the owners for not obeying the leash law. There should also be a noise nuisance law for barking dogs and fines for the stupid owners who let them bark day and night..
I know if some bitch shoots my dog and I find out who it is?!Hell s comin to breakfast.I ll find ya dude...swear to god!!!!!!
Snow Bird

Charleston, WV

#19 Dec 27, 2013
Best thing to do is keep your stupid dogs in your own yard or house. I don't think they should get shot but you should keep them in your yard. They shit in my yard and I'm going to shovel it up put it in a bucket and dump it in the owners yard!!
mike s friend

Charleston, WV

#20 Dec 27, 2013
Snow Bird wrote:
Best thing to do is keep your stupid dogs in your own yard or house. I don't think they should get shot but you should keep them in your yard. They shit in my yard and I'm going to shovel it up put it in a bucket and dump it in the owners yard!!
well that I can handle.....shooting em no

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlton Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheena 2 hr SMH 14
Good News 3 hr Haha 17
Strange noises in the woods (Oct '11) 11 hr RhondaLoo 66
organ harvesting stay alert 17 hr crackfox99 2
wow 21 hr Embarrassed 3
montgomery sucks (Feb '15) Fri student 19
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Fri The monster 4,243

Charlton Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance