UVA Student Group to Speak Out Against Dragas in Richmond

There are 16 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 12, 2013, titled UVA Student Group to Speak Out Against Dragas in Richmond. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Virginia Senate Privileges and Elections Committee will meet in Richmond Tuesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

james brown

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 14, 2013
These students can't cross the road safely, who cares what they have to say. When will they let this drop?
Liberalace

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Blimey, she looks like Geddy Lee.

R.I.P.: Natalie Wood
Rex

New York, NY

#3 Jan 14, 2013
james brown wrote:
These students can't cross the road safely, who cares what they have to say. When will they let this drop?
This will be news as long as Helen is still on the BOV seat. I agree with you, students don't pay attention when they cross the road. If you hit one, it's your fault!!
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 14, 2013
Natural selection will eventually take those who think its everyone elses job to watch out for their security.
rocktown

Broadway, VA

#5 Jan 14, 2013
the Dragas witch hunt never ends...will it?
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 14, 2013
rocktown wrote:
the Dragas witch hunt never ends...will it?
When shes gone.
twinmom

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 14, 2013
Dragas was the face of the action against Sullivan, but by no means the only player. If the students have a problem with the PROCESS that was followed, then they should work to get that fixed, instead of shooting the messenger.

"Group members say Dragas is harming UVA's reputation..."
and their perpetual protests about this, that, and the color of the carpet aren't?????
just watching

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jan 15, 2013
The entire UVa community says Dragas is harming UVA's reputation!!!
Was there not a poll on one of the news websites (Newsplex) that showed 90+ percent was opposed to her.
If dragon lady stays, so will all of the protests and problems.
Does anyone in Richmond care about what the UVa community thinks?
We will know the outcome soon, but it is amazing how money talks among politicans.
Bill

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 15, 2013
I still say she looks like Gollum, the little creature from the Lord of the Rings movies. In fact, Gollum could have easily been called Dragas and the name would still fit the face.
jogger

Brookneal, VA

#10 Jan 15, 2013
every one always complains when women aren't in positions of power and influence....well, dragas is a woman in charge, and every one wants to stick a fork in her....dragas is the best thing that has happened to the university and bov'ers in a long, long time...dragas will whip those girly men into shape in nothing flat if you loons will just back off.....as far as a student protest goes...I suspect this protest is part of a class assignement, an easy A for participatiing in a student protest....
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jan 15, 2013
Rex wrote:
<quoted text>This will be news as long as Helen is still on the BOV seat. I agree with you, students don't pay attention when they cross the road. If you hit one, it's your fault!!
And now they have an app to help them navigate across campus; you thought they weren't paying attention BEFORE...
sez you

Richmond, VA

#12 Jan 15, 2013
One can only imagine the degree of denial this women lives with having not stepped down already.
Rex

Alexandria, VA

#13 Jan 15, 2013
jogger wrote:
every one always complains when women aren't in positions of power and influence....well, dragas is a woman in charge, and every one wants to stick a fork in her....dragas is the best thing that has happened to the university and bov'ers in a long, long time...dragas will whip those girly men into shape in nothing flat if you loons will just back off.....as far as a student protest goes...I suspect this protest is part of a class assignement, an easy A for participatiing in a student protest....
"class assignement" Helen learn to spell!!
Santa

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jan 15, 2013
jogger wrote:
every one always complains when women aren't in positions of power and influence....well, dragas is a woman in charge, and every one wants to stick a fork in her....dragas is the best thing that has happened to the university and bov'ers in a long, long time...dragas will whip those girly men into shape in nothing flat if you loons will just back off.....as far as a student protest goes...I suspect this protest is part of a class assignement, an easy A for participatiing in a student protest....
Put a sock in it. Sullivan is/was a woman in charge too. If you don't like the fact that people are still upset at her juvenile coup attempt, turn to another story. Dragas is an incompetent buffoon who cannot remain as Rector. She can and must go now.
sez you

Richmond, VA

#15 Jan 15, 2013
Santa wrote:
<quoted text>
Put a sock in it. Sullivan is/was a woman in charge too. If you don't like the fact that people are still upset at her juvenile coup attempt, turn to another story. Dragas is an incompetent buffoon who cannot remain as Rector. She can and must go now.
OOPs, todays Regress says Drago is garnering support in the Va senate. Wouldn't that be a hoot if she stays? Insulting would be the first word that comes to mind, but then thats how arrogant these BOV people think.
Ben

United States

#17 Jan 15, 2013
The sooner we, The UVA Family, send her away the better we will be. GET THE DRAGON OUT OF UVA!!!!. Hell, Rosanne Barr would be a better choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
john know Apr 22 mama bear 1
yall niggdddasd is fakkkddkkeee Apr 20 Rick James 2
News Journalism school to release review of Rolling ... Apr 19 Finished being nice 7
News City Council to vote on Lee-Jackson Day observance Apr 16 Time Traveler 4
News NAACP Requests Data On Court Fines Apr 16 sam 5
Charlottesville Music Thread (Sep '14) Apr 7 Musikologist 2
News Springsteen Holds Free Concert to Rally Obama S... (Oct '12) Apr 7 swedenforever 128
More from around the web

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]