Winning Mega Millions Ticket Sold in VA

A Mega Millions ticket sold in Farmville has matched all six numbers in the latest drawing and will split the estimated $190 million jackpot with the holder of another winning ticket bought in New Jersey. Full Story
abbo

Washington, DC

#1 May 19, 2013
Let's see... A person buys a lottery ticket. say 95 mill-- lottery takes 24.7 mill for selling you the ticket-- leaves you 70.3== Then comes the state and fed taxes leaving you around 44 mill-- SO WHO WINS ?? not hard to see is it?
Lone Justice

Waynesboro, VA

#2 May 19, 2013
abbo wrote:
Let's see... A person buys a lottery ticket. say 95 mill-- lottery takes 24.7 mill for selling you the ticket-- leaves you 70.3== Then comes the state and fed taxes leaving you around 44 mill-- SO WHO WINS ?? not hard to see is it?
Didn't win did you?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#3 May 19, 2013
Spent $2, won $4. Waiting for the next record pot.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#4 May 19, 2013
huck wrote:
Spent $2, won $4. Waiting for the next record pot.
Watch out the IRS be coming for you with all that loot.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#5 May 19, 2013
abbo wrote:
Let's see... A person buys a lottery ticket. say 95 mill-- lottery takes 24.7 mill for selling you the ticket-- leaves you 70.3== Then comes the state and fed taxes leaving you around 44 mill-- SO WHO WINS ?? not hard to see is it?
The purpose of a state lottery is to help the state raise revenue, primarily for education. Occasionally someone will hit it big. If you ask me, it's a win-win situation.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#6 May 19, 2013
Fluvy Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
The purpose of a state lottery is to help the state raise revenue, primarily for education. Occasionally someone will hit it big. If you ask me, it's a win-win situation.
Until funding that is earmarked for education is, at almost an identical amount, pulled forward into the general fund "as should be."

Gotta love MickyD
Lone Justice

Waynesboro, VA

#8 May 19, 2013
Fluvy Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
The purpose of a state lottery is to help the state raise revenue, primarily for education. Occasionally someone will hit it big. If you ask me, it's a win-win situation.
Then why are schools closing and teachers are being laid off and not getting decent raises?
internets

Charlottesville, VA

#9 May 19, 2013
lottery is a regressive tax on the stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massive Spike In Whites Setting Blacks On Fire Dec 15 Jennylou777 1
How to... Dec 14 True Blue Local 1
99 Baboon Syndicate Dec 9 KarlsonKendrickKyle 1
Friend of alleged UVA rape victim: Story is no ... Dec 8 Ipso Facto 1
Protest outside Phi Kappa Psi house leads to fo... Dec 6 Lordy 5
Rolling Stone Story Dec 5 bulk 1
Rob Lowe Sex Offender! (Aug '10) Dec 5 bulk 13
Charlottesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlottesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlottesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:34 pm PST