'No Go' for No Excuse Absentee Voting

'No Go' for No Excuse Absentee Voting

There are 9 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 9, 2013, titled 'No Go' for No Excuse Absentee Voting. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

If you are older than 65, you will still need a valid excuse to vote absentee on election day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Steven

Atlanta, GA

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Virginia already bends over backwards to allow people to vote absentee.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Steven wrote:
Virginia already bends over backwards to allow people to vote absentee.
Why should it have to? One would think the GOP doesn't want people to vote :) lol

There's "no excuse" for this voter suppression.
Election Official

Raleigh, NC

#4 Feb 13, 2013
The object is to reduce the lines at the polls. The rest of the country has come along with early voting and absentee voting. After all the complaining last election from parents with children, the elderly having to stand in long lines, and people who have to get to work, you'd think that Virginia would pass some simple laws alleviating this. The same people who complain about long lines, etc...then go into the voting booth and vote for someone who legislates against that very thing and other measures that would help. You get what you vote for, so don't complain.
may

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 13, 2013
Election Official wrote:
The object is to reduce the lines at the polls. The rest of the country has come along with early voting and absentee voting. After all the complaining last election from parents with children, the elderly having to stand in long lines, and people who have to get to work, you'd think that Virginia would pass some simple laws alleviating this. The same people who complain about long lines, etc...then go into the voting booth and vote for someone who legislates against that very thing and other measures that would help. You get what you vote for, so don't complain.
I totally agree,,but I have to add that some of those who complain are also non voters,To me if you at least vote you had a voice...if you don't then do not get into discussions you did not think important enough to vote for one way or the other.
Steven

Atlanta, GA

#6 Feb 13, 2013
I worked as an Election Officer last year with the City of Charlottesville. At 2 and 3 o'clock there were no lines to vote. Lines were minimal from 5pm to 7pm. Lines were well out the door from 6a.m. until 10a.m., though. So please don't tell me you are forced to stand in a long line.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 13, 2013
Steven wrote:
I worked as an Election Officer last year with the City of Charlottesville. At 2 and 3 o'clock there were no lines to vote. Lines were minimal from 5pm to 7pm. Lines were well out the door from 6a.m. until 10a.m., though. So please don't tell me you are forced to stand in a long line.
Why should there be any line at all?

What's wrong with mailing in a ballot?

Better yet, put voting online.
Steven

Atlanta, GA

#8 Feb 13, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should there be any line at all?
What's wrong with mailing in a ballot?
Better yet, put voting online.
This is not Oregon or Austrailia. That is subject to all sorts of fraud and abuse -- the things some in the legislature are trying to fight against.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Feb 13, 2013
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not Oregon or Austrailia. That is subject to all sorts of fraud and abuse -- the things some in the legislature are trying to fight against.
So a "valid excuse" prevents voter fraud?

Do you know how dumb that is?

I write down I'll be out of town on election day to vote absentee.

Try again!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Feb 13, 2013
might as well reply as imyasteven

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Omarosa Manigault Newman bemoans 'lack of diver... 6 hr Oliver Canterberry 1
News Obama had the most-liked tweet of 2017; here's ... Dec 11 Ms Sassy 3
Who in the area makes Concrete Confederate statues Dec 9 TRUMP 21
Are you secret gay if you eat a bannanna? Dec 9 TRUMP 6
Fluvanna refuses to fire DUI Flag Burning middl... Dec 9 TRUMP 12
gettysburg confederate war memorials to come down Dec 8 Gen Lee 20
News White nationalists: Charlottesville just a begi... Dec 7 R F Forty five 401

Charlottesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlottesville Mortgages