Former Fishersville Nonprofit Employe...

Former Fishersville Nonprofit Employee Accused of Embezzlement

There are 21 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Former Fishersville Nonprofit Employee Accused of Embezzlement. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Felicia Gutshall Roberts, 32, is accused of embezzling between $40,000 and $50,000 from the Virginia Angus Association in Fishersville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CVA

Lyndhurst, VA

#1 Feb 22, 2013
It appears she bought ALOT of groceries.

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#2 Feb 22, 2013
CVA wrote:
It appears she bought ALOT of groceries.
Would you consider yourself a Democrat or liberal? I'm just curious.
Lone Justice

Waynesboro, VA

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Where's the beef?
the last word

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2013
non-profits are notoriously cheap when it comes to salary. They do make a profit or they couldn't operate. The president loves them because they are run by a board instead of a private owner. I don't like them.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 22, 2013
moooo
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Feb 22, 2013
C-Ville Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Would you consider yourself a Democrat or liberal? I'm just curious.
no, you're nosey

Charlottesville

#7 Feb 22, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
no, you're nosey
No, I just like to point out the liberal hypocrisy of tolerance.

Charlottesville

#8 Feb 22, 2013
huck wrote:
moooo
Like you...
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Feb 22, 2013
C-Ville Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>No, I just like to point out the liberal hypocrisy of tolerance.
Do you consider yourself a Republican or a whiner?
David

Washington, DC

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Why would a club or group, let one person, who has control of any money( Bank Cards. Checking Accounts, CD, or Saving accounts, Payroll), have control with out someone looking into the accounts a few times a year. Like a Accountant or Lawyer. Giving someone , even if you know and trust that person, full control to money with out checking on them is crazy and just plain stupid. These people, feel the money is theirs and no one will ever find out they stole it. Have a bonded accountant or an Lawyer check your accounts every month. Don't give them time to steal thousands of dollars.
Anonymous

Louisa, VA

#11 Feb 22, 2013
C-Ville Patriot wrote:
What tolerance? I don't see that.
Anonymous

Louisa, VA

#12 Feb 22, 2013
When you average 650 comments a year you think you have a lot to say that people need to hear. That makes you pretentious and self important. In other words, a gasbag.
Fools Gold

Scottsville, VA

#13 Feb 22, 2013
Lone Justice wrote:
Where's the beef?
She proabably ate it all.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Feb 22, 2013
David wrote:
Why would a club or group, let one person, who has control of any money( Bank Cards. Checking Accounts, CD, or Saving accounts, Payroll), have control with out someone looking into the accounts a few times a year. Like a Accountant or Lawyer. Giving someone , even if you know and trust that person, full control to money with out checking on them is crazy and just plain stupid. These people, feel the money is theirs and no one will ever find out they stole it. Have a bonded accountant or an Lawyer check your accounts every month. Don't give them time to steal thousands of dollars.
Depending on budgets a lot of non profits hire a CPA only once a yr for taxes. This was just dumb person doing something incredibly dumb.
Todd

Washington, DC

#15 Feb 22, 2013
I totally agree with sez you, but that women was given a job to handle money and felt it was her's and began stealing it. I own and operate two restaurants and have for many years. And I cant count how many people, that I have had to fire an press charges against ,just because they had to put money in and take money out of the cash register and felt for some reason, they needed more and would steal it. And thought that they would not get caught. Most of them after speaking, to them would tell me, they felt that I would never miss the money because I made so much. And they would say that I had a nice car, and a big house and I did not need that money. Well, that just tics me off more. If they worked hard and saved and planned right,they might make it there too. These people, all believe they are entilited to that money too. They make any where between,$9 -$15 /hr, plus tips and they will steal. Not all but a few will. And most of them work over 40 hrs and week. And I pay overtime. But I'm glad to do it, they work hard and do a great job for me. But there is always the one with sticky fingers. And I do my books everyday. no matter what. If a $5.00 bill is missing I will find it. But as I write this and with a sad heart. I will beginning March 1 2013, have none of my workers, working more than 30 hrs.a week. And some maybe let go. all because of all this healthcare crap going on. My workers can thanks Obama, it is his fault, not mine. My CPA, as told me that if I don't do this, it is going to cost me thousands of dollars. I wish every USA citzen had heathcare, But to make us small company pay over $9000, a year per person on healthcare is not going to work and many jobs will be lost. Sorry, got way off track, but anyway. she stole and now must pay, along with us. for her houseing , and food and her Healthcare while in jail. Now that's screwed up!!!

Charlottesville

#17 Feb 23, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider yourself a Republican or a whiner?
Neither

Charlottesville

#18 Feb 23, 2013
Behind the Curtain wrote:
<quoted text>
What tolerance? I don't see that.
Me either, that's why it is hypocrisy for a liberal to make fat jokes about someone.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Feb 23, 2013
C-Ville Patriot wrote:
So conservatives go to church, preach brotherly love and wait for somebody to break in their house so they can shoot them. Got it.

Charlottesville

#20 Feb 24, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>So conservatives go to church, preach brotherly love and wait for somebody to break in their house so they can shoot them. Got it.
Protecting your life or the life of your family is not a sin.

Charlottesville

#21 Feb 24, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>So conservatives go to church, preach brotherly love and wait for somebody to break in their house so they can shoot them. Got it.
Besides no one that I know "waits" for someone to break into their home. You really are a misguided individual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tutors in Fishersville Va Jun 1 Ashbell 1
News Teen guilty of video charge (Sep '06) May '15 Kim P 2
Shenandoah Acres???? (Jun '06) May '15 BipolarBear 281
Regal Theatre Against Military May '15 Regal Against Mil... 1
News Goochland Animal Rescuer Charged with Animal Cr... (Apr '13) May '15 The Sock 5
john know Apr '15 mama bear 1
yall niggdddasd is fakkkddkkeee Apr '15 Rick James 2
More from around the web

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Charlottesville Mortgages