Louisa County Marijuana Bust

Louisa County Marijuana Bust

There are 44 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 29, 2009, titled Louisa County Marijuana Bust. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Neighbors on a quiet Louisa street are in shock after learning that one of their own stands accused of growing a major marijuana crop in his basement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mama Doe

Atlanta, GA

#1 Jun 29, 2009
Very interesting that a criminal drug dealer's name is withheld from the public.
So nice of the local authorities to praise him for his "expertise".
How often do you see that?
David

Sidney, OH

#2 Jun 29, 2009
they gave his address but not his name?
time 2 end the drug war

De Winton, Canada

#4 Jun 29, 2009
(Lowe says the Louisa landscaper-by-day focused his talents in the wrong direction. "We're pretty impressed with your abilities but if he was to take that energy and time and talent and put it towards something legitimate, you would probably be pretty successful," stated Lowe.)

ya well if it were legalized he would be successfull
Voice of Freedom

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jun 29, 2009
How's that "war on drugs" working out for ya? It was strictly a vote getting device instituted under Nixon when he conceived the DEA. A total waste of money. Spawn of Nixon.
Daily Progress Reader

Ruckersville, VA

#9 Jun 29, 2009
*barf* I can't even hear Nixon's name without wanting to throw up...
Anonymous

United States

#10 Jun 29, 2009
Seriously. Providing an address is just as good as providing a name. Took me less than thirty seconds to find out who it is.
Native

United States

#11 Jun 30, 2009
Why cant I have neighbors like this guy? Mine are just the run of the mill borrow an egg type.
everyday joe

Earlysville, VA

#12 Jun 30, 2009
well either we all are pot heads or this is not a real crime to the people, just looking at the comments here .
cops go do a road block and try to catch drunk drivers !
go watch the new cameras that are all over to see who might be doing wrong in there car on the roads !
not really ! just hope that you can spend police time better !!!
Hmmmmm

Burr Hill, VA

#13 Jun 30, 2009
I can't believe that the police are actually praising this idiot.But something is missing.Smoke detectors were going off in this guys house.Who called to have it checked out? And who gave them permission to enter or was it what they call implied consent.Did they enter the home illegally? If this"guy" was the one who called then he's not so bright after all.And what is witholding his name? Is he a public figure that might buy his way out of this or maybe he is an officer himself? Hmmmm...Too ashamed to release his name?Hmmmm...Working in a local jail I have seen this done a few times before.It wouldn't suprise me.
Cvillian

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jun 30, 2009
Maybe sampling his own product?
Donna

Addison, TX

#15 Jun 30, 2009
The Fire dept was called by a neighbor and arrived with the rescue squad.
The home was unoccupied and the alarm was going off. Entry was implied. The find was incidental.
The name is withheld to protect innocent people, of which ther are several involved. He is not in law enforcement.
Nosy people can surely keep tuned as his name will be published when he is charged.
justmyopinion

Richmond, VA

#16 Jun 30, 2009
Just like "Anonyous" said - giving the address is as good as providing a name - easy to search it. So the name isn't really protected.
Sweet Leaf

Saint Petersburg, FL

#17 Jun 30, 2009
I thought the subscription to High Times" magazine would have tipped 'em off!
pepelepugh

Winchester, VA

#18 Jun 30, 2009
Something stinks.
c-ville resident

United States

#19 Jun 30, 2009
poor guy. Had a great thing going there too. Thanks Louisa PD for showing me around that room and giving me some good ideas!
dsp

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Jun 30, 2009
how many potheads does it take to change the battery in a smoke detector?.. answer.. we don't know, he got busted, smoke another one pal
Hockey Mom

Collinsville, VA

#23 Jun 30, 2009
You have to worry about the children here.

Since: May 08

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Jun 30, 2009
Posts which violate the terms of service have been removed from this thread.

From the Terms of Service ( http://www.topix.com/topix/terms ): "You agree to NOT use the service to: upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable."

Posts which violate the terms of service, and posts which quote the deleted comments, have been removed from this thread.

From the Terms of Service ( http://www.topix.com/topix/terms ): "You agree to NOT use the service to: upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable."
TheLadyFromOuter Space

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Jul 1, 2009
Whoa, what can you say? maybe he could teach horticulture in prison.
Sams Son

Charlottesville, VA

#27 Jul 1, 2009
Hockey Mom wrote:
You have to worry about the children here.
Looks to me like they would be well-adjusted children with a sound knowledge of gardening techniques.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ku,klux,klan visit 59 min From the Brackwoo... 18
What should I do (Aug '15) Thu George 2
truth Thu George 1
restraining order on Trump Thu George 1
Bus Drivers Not Respected Thu George 3
Wes Bellamy is a Homophobe, sexist, racist crim... Jul 15 totallydisgusted 3
Black Mazda 6 Jul 14 91PercentofMurders 2

Charlottesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance