Dalai Lama Comes to Charlottesville - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The Dalai Lama is in Charlottesville. His holiness has completed his talk at The Paramount Theater this morning and is set to take the stage at the nTelos Wireless Pavilion at 1:30 p.m. The gates opened at 11:00 this morning for the pavilion event.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Crane

Wirtz, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

BFD
RNR

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

was he paid to come here and speak?
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RNR wrote:
was he paid to come here and speak?
He doesn't charge a speaking fee or profit from it, but I'm sure his costs are covered.
RNR

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

I'm ignorant on the Dalai Lama, so somebody help me out here, why did he choose C'ville to speak? Is there some sort of significance? I listened to some of it on streaming but sorry, wasn't really impressed. Hard to understand and when I could, he kept repeating himself basically
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

I'm not sure I understand all the bru-ha-ha.
John

Petersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

well where is the message of his talk?? or you tube ?
Concerned

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!
UVA employee

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RNR wrote:
I'm ignorant on the Dalai Lama, so somebody help me out here, why did he choose C'ville to speak? Is there some sort of significance? I listened to some of it on streaming but sorry, wasn't really impressed. Hard to understand and when I could, he kept repeating himself basically
He was in Williamsburg yesterday.....So, Charlottesville is really not that special. http://www.dalailama.com/teachings/schedule
Free2ink

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

It's really cool that he had so much more security than Obama...Lol...What's up with That....????
Wow

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

I for one thought it was awesome. Once in a life time experience.
Well Hello Dalai

Floyd, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

It was an okay presentation but not as funny as The Dalai Show w/ Jon Stewart. "Free Tibet" from the Communist Chinese who make the Apple line for U.S. consumers and the data, IT and computer tech chips for the telecommunications industry and all that really cool plastic stuff we "need" so much of...haven't got a prayer.

R.I.P.: David Carradine [Kwai Chang Caine]
all colors

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

This was a really wonderful day. I was surprised to learn it was 3 years in the planning! I feel real appreciation for the effort, as it's quite a privilege to be able to hear, and be in the presence of someone who has had a life fortunate enough to shape him into a spokesperson capable of sharing truths that have the capacity to change all of us. I, for one, am really glad to have those seeds planted. Thank you, everyone involved, and I hope he will come again soon to have a dialogue on education.
Romney Ryan

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

all colors wrote:
This was a really wonderful day. I was surprised to learn it was 3 years in the planning! I feel real appreciation for the effort, as it's quite a privilege to be able to hear, and be in the presence of someone who has had a life fortunate enough to shape him into a spokesperson capable of sharing truths that have the capacity to change all of us. I, for one, am really glad to have those seeds planted. Thank you, everyone involved, and I hope he will come again soon to have a dialogue on education.
More like a last minute feel good session for the fruty libs out there just before the election. Combat this type of voter miseducation by coming to the Friday rally!
Hmmmmm

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

It's odd how there are NO comments on the story of the pervert in Waynesboro who has been denied bond for sexual abuse. Is it because his story hits too close to home for some of you? Is it because you won't be able to make ignorant racist remarks about him? Just wondering.
Butcher

Gladys, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

A Buddhist hot dog vendor is approached by a customer. The customer orders a hot dog and hands the the Buddhist vendor a $20. The vendor gives him his hot dog. The customer stands there waiting for the vendor to give him his change which is not forthcoming. The customer asks, "Hey, where's my change?"

The Buddhist hot dog vendor replies, "Change comes only from within."
citizen

Crewe, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Compassion is a relative term.

Did the "Lammer" talk about how often Tibetan hospitals give heart bypass and other operations to their indigents free of charge like UVA does? Do Tibetan hospitals have a "patient bill of rights" posted in the emergency room like UVA hospital does?

As for compassion, how does the benefit package of Tibetan drunks, druggies, career beggars and slackers compare to what Charlottesville lavishes upon it's dead weight? How many Tibetan towns the size of ours have thousands in subsidized housing?

On his way out of town I hope the "Lammer" finds it in his heart to stop and give a few bucks to the beggars on Freebridge that sport clothes issued by the Virginia Department of Corrections.
citizen

Crewe, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Hmmmmm wrote:
It's odd how there are NO comments on the story of the pervert in Waynesboro who has been denied bond for sexual abuse. Is it because his story hits too close to home for some of you? Is it because you won't be able to make ignorant racist remarks about him? Just wondering.
Are you suggesting there is a connection between the "Lammer" and Waynesboro perverts?
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

citizen wrote:
Compassion is a relative term.
Did the "Lammer" talk about how often Tibetan hospitals give heart bypass and other operations to their indigents free of charge like UVA does? Do Tibetan hospitals have a "patient bill of rights" posted in the emergency room like UVA hospital does?
As for compassion, how does the benefit package of Tibetan drunks, druggies, career beggars and slackers compare to what Charlottesville lavishes upon it's dead weight? How many Tibetan towns the size of ours have thousands in subsidized housing?
On his way out of town I hope the "Lammer" finds it in his heart to stop and give a few bucks to the beggars on Freebridge that sport clothes issued by the Virginia Department of Corrections.
You just don't like people who can think for themself outside of your small box.
Crane

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

all colors wrote:
You’re a kool-aid drinker
Scottesville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Yes, the Dalai Lama brews Kool-aid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Charlottesville Forum right now

Search the Charlottesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 6 babyface 2,535
44 kids died in hot cars in 2013 Jul 5 Too Busy 1
GA Considers Making Smoking in Car with Kids Il... (Dec '12) Jul 2 Edward J Cejka 85
Report: VA Ranked 5th Worst State for Dumping T... Jul 1 Seriously 1
Nixon out of jai!? - Why? Someone please explain (Apr '09) Jun 28 MATT 13
Shenandoah Acres???? (Jun '06) Jun 24 female 278
ASG Offers Services on HIV Testing Day (Jun '09) Jun 20 George Maris 5
•••
•••
•••
Charlottesville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Charlottesville Jobs