Waynesboro Pit Bull on Dangerous Dog Registry Finds New Home - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA New...

A volunteer group helped bail out a Waynesboro pit bull that was confined for eight months. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jonas H

Montréal, Canada

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Why would anyone want this dog? If anything ever happens again, which it will, then these people that 'rescued' this pit bull should be tossed in jail for knowingly putting the public at danger.
Cole

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Dec 21, 2012
What a bunch of bs the dangerous dog registry is. People in power won't be happy until the pit bull breed is eradicated so until that happens, those in law enforcement and the court system will be doing all they can to make it an expense to have one.
Cville resident

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Dec 21, 2012
Your outlook changes dramatically on these things when you see your 2 year olds face ripped open by one of these dogs. The dog was a much loved and pampered family pet. She was never chained or mistreated. She was also an indoor dog who was taken out on a leash for walks and exercise. She was spayed as a puppy. At 6 she pulled the leash out of my mother in laws hand and attacked a small dog. The dog had to have a lo of stitches but survived. After that we were much more cautious around other dogs. About 4 months later my son walked past the dog in the living room. The dog wasn't doing anything when this happened. As he passed her the dog just jumped up and bit him across his face. My husband and father in law quickly got the dog off of him. The bite tore through his cheek and ripped his lips on both side of his face. The plastic surgeon did an amazing job repairing his face and for that I am thankful but I'll never trust another vicious breed dog.
JINGLEBELLS

United States

#5 Dec 21, 2012
WAS JUST LOOKING THRU THE DANGEROUS DOG REGRISTRY.... ITS NOT ONLY PITS... ITS A MIXTURE OF ALL BREEDS... WHAT A FRIGGEN STEREOTYPICAL BUNCH OF BULLCRAP...
SuzyQ

New York, NY

#6 Dec 21, 2012
I have 2 elderly pitbulls & have never had a problem with them. They have NEVER bit or snapped at anyone. They are the best dogs I have ever owned.
I was bitten by a toy poodle when I was little & I had to have stitches.
Pit Owner

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Dec 21, 2012
I have two wonderful pits sitting next to me right now. Neither of them would hurt a fly. They love meeting new dogs and people all the time. I hate the stigma of pits. Wonderful dogs, wonderful breed. Extremely smart. So sorry to anyone that has ever encountered any type of dog attack.
PitBullsAreGoodD ogs

New York, NY

#8 Dec 21, 2012
All these people are or were pitbull owners.
Madonna, Brad Pitt, Humphrey Bogart, Pink, Jessica Biel, Jon Stewart, Ken Howard, Alicia Silverstone, Adam Brody, Jamie Foxx, Rachael Ray, Joey Porter, Jessica Alba, President Theodore Roosevelt, President Woodrow Wilson, Kevin Federline, Ira Glass, Fred Astaire, General George Patton, Michael J Fox, Jan Michael Vincent, Jack Dempsy, Thomas Edison, Bernadette Peters, Sinbad, Linda Blair, Usher, Mel Brooks, Ann Bancroft, Eliza Dushku, Kelli Williams, Rachel Bilson. 
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Dec 21, 2012
Virginia's dangerous dog registry is a valuable tool for burglars; what homes NOT to break into.
Liberalace

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Dec 21, 2012
PitBullsAreGoodDogs wrote:
All these people are or were pitbull owners.
Madonna, Brad Pitt, Humphrey Bogart, Pink, Jessica Biel, Jon Stewart, Ken Howard, Alicia Silverstone, Adam Brody, Jamie Foxx, Rachael Ray, Joey Porter, Jessica Alba, President Theodore Roosevelt, President Woodrow Wilson, Kevin Federline, Ira Glass, Fred Astaire, General George Patton, Michael J Fox, Jan Michael Vincent, Jack Dempsy, Thomas Edison, Bernadette Peters, Sinbad, Linda Blair, Usher, Mel Brooks, Ann Bancroft, Eliza Dushku, Kelli Williams, Rachel Bilson. 
Thanks for throwing in that Jan Michael-Vincent reference. He is a wonderful example of stability. Fact is, the breed is proportionately more responsible for attacks than other breeds. Tired of the defense of these animals as though they are humans. Just be done with it; outlaw them. We are certainly going nuts now about banning certain types of guns, aren't we. Where is the amendment that cites the right to own a dog?

Get rid of them and move on.

R.I.P.: Oliver
Snoopy

Marlborough, MA

#11 Dec 21, 2012
The dog killed a cat and is considered dangerous? Well, over 50% of all dogs, regardless of breed will kill a cat if given the opportunity. Some of the comments here about pit bulls are moronic. The vast majority of people that speak negatively about pit bulls have absolutely no experience with them and really do not understand canine behavior. People that repeat hearsay without understanding the topic or verifying the facts are a big problem in our society.

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."
Pat

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Dec 21, 2012
SuzyQ wrote:
I have 2 elderly pitbulls & have never had a problem with them. They have NEVER bit or snapped at anyone. They are the best dogs I have ever owned.
I was bitten by a toy poodle when I was little & I had to have stitches.
This beat all I've ever seen....why don't they have a registry for the people who abuse and fight dogs...Michael Vick already has a dog!!!
MrsTarrance

Waynesboro, VA

#14 Dec 21, 2012
Jonas H wrote:
Why would anyone want this dog? If anything ever happens again, which it will, then these people that 'rescued' this pit bull should be tossed in jail for knowingly putting the public at danger.
As the owner of Peanut the pit bull you speak so terribly about I am seriously offended. Peanut has never shown aggression towards people, other animals,even children. My husband and I have two small children and he has always been gentle loving and protective of them and us. The fact that he killed a stray cat shouldn't deem him dangerous. We have specific guidelines that we have to follow with him now and I assure you that he is no threat!!!! And how can you say something will happen again? He has to be muzzled and on a leash every time he goes outside. Unless a cat is handed to him on a silver platter, he is perfectly harmless. He is the most loving, gentle, and smart dog that I know and I could not ask for a better companion for my family. Before you go judging dogs that you know NOTHING about, why don't you go to your local animal shelter and actually spend time with a pit bull. I assure you your opinion will immediately change. They are the sweetest dogs ever. People like Michael Vick are the problem and now the breed Is completely misunderstood. I love both of my bullies peanut and kilo they are the best dogs I could ask for. Also regarding your comment about putting the public at danger, Peanut has never NEVER shown aggression towards people children other dogs even bunny rabbits. So I assure you, no public is in danger. Merry Christmas.
MrsTarrance

Waynesboro, VA

#15 Dec 21, 2012
Liberalace wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for throwing in that Jan Michael-Vincent reference. He is a wonderful example of stability. Fact is, the breed is proportionately more responsible for attacks than other breeds. Tired of the defense of these animals as though they are humans. Just be done with it; outlaw them. We are certainly going nuts now about banning certain types of guns, aren't we. Where is the amendment that cites the right to own a dog?
Get rid of them and move on.
R.I.P.: Oliver
Actually, the Pit Bull Terrior is NOT responsible for the most attacks/deaths in the US. Take a guess at what breed is responsible for the highest attack rate......are you sitting down? This may be a shocker because you obviously have not done enough research. The dog responsible for the most attack on humans is the Golden Retriever. Suprise!!! I highly suggest you watch the movie "Beyond the Myth" http://www.beyondthemythmovie.com/
Merry Christmas!
MrsTarrance PeanutsMommy

Waynesboro, VA

#16 Dec 21, 2012
http://www.beyondthemythmovie.com/

Watch it!!!!!!!!!!

Don't judge a breed before knowing the facts !

Stop ignorance! Stop BSL!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and God Bless!!!!
-Peanut's Mommy :)
Sonny

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Dec 21, 2012
MrsTarrance wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Pit Bull Terrior is NOT responsible for the most attacks/deaths in the US. Take a guess at what breed is responsible for the highest attack rate......are you sitting down? This may be a shocker because you obviously have not done enough research. The dog responsible for the most attack on humans is the Golden Retriever. Suprise!!! I highly suggest you watch the movie "Beyond the Myth" http://www.beyondthemythmovie.com/
Merry Christmas!
You're facts don't match the governments facts. Of the 264 deaths from dog attacks over 20 years 1 was caused by a Golden Retriever while 66 were caused by Pit Bulls. 66 deaths puts the Pit Bull at the top of the list of dangerous dogs.
Not a Repubtard

New York, NY

#18 Dec 22, 2012
Gnu wrote:
Virginia's dangerous dog registry is a valuable tool for burglars; what homes NOT to break into.
Thats good to know. I guess your one of those people with a long arrest record.
SuzyQ

New York, NY

#19 Dec 22, 2012
Sonny wrote:
<quoted text>
You're facts don't match the governments facts. Of the 264 deaths from dog attacks over 20 years 1 was caused by a Golden Retriever while 66 were caused by Pit Bulls. 66 deaths puts the Pit Bull at the top of the list of dangerous dogs.
I don't give a ratz a@z about your statistics or anyone else who has negative thoughts about these dogs. You don't have facts, unless you've owned one. Dogs that attack humans, probably have abused the dog.
Animal advocate

Bronx, NY

#20 Dec 22, 2012
MrsTarrance PeanutsMommy wrote:
http://www.beyondthemythmovie. com/
Watch it!!!!!!!!!!
Don't judge a breed before knowing the facts !
Stop ignorance! Stop BSL!!!!!!
Merry Christmas and God Bless!!!!
-Peanut's Mommy :)
Actually anyone who works in animal welfare will tell you that if you want to know which breed is the most dangerous look at the most popular dog breed at any given time. We over breed whatever dog breed people want to buy the most (breed the brains out of them) and wonder why they don't act like the good dog we think they should be. I feel sorry for the dogs and anything or anyone that looks like prey to them.
Sonny

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Dec 22, 2012
SuzyQ wrote:
<quoted text>I don't give a ratz a@z about your statistics or anyone else who has negative thoughts about these dogs. You don't have facts, unless you've owned one. Dogs that attack humans, probably have abused the dog.
And therein lies the problem. When people are willing to turn a blind eye to the actual risk posed by a dangerous dog breed then the proper precautions are not taken. I have no doubt that your dogs at loved and well taken care of. I hope you will still be cautious when they are around small children.
mantion

Portland, OR

#22 Dec 23, 2012
I bet this dog attacks again.. They should of put the dog down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlottesville population has increased by ten... Jan 28 Terradive 1
Charlottesville City Council addresses city's h... Jan 22 Terrabyte 1
Dialogue on Race: Effectiveness of Protests in ... Jan 19 cops are liars an... 2
steve pritt Jan 12 crozet girl 4
Claudius Crozet the Engineer Jan 8 jax23willis 1
Massive Spike In Whites Setting Blacks On Fire Dec '14 Sam 2
Augusta Man Faces Felony Sex Charges - NBC29 WV... (Nov '12) Dec '14 stuart Draft 6
Charlottesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:59 pm PST