Suspect Arrested in Fluvanna Home Burglaries - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and We...

An Amherst man is behind bars Wednesday after being arrested for 12 felonies, including breaking and entering and grand larceny. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Foe

Penn Laird, VA

#1 Jan 2, 2013
AWWWWWWWW--what a pouty face he has!!! I wonder if the mug shot was taken right before he started crying or after they wiped his tears away???
Disillusioned

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jan 2, 2013
Looks like he is about to cry.

I hope the police can return the goods to the rightful owners. And take him off to jail.

Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 2, 2013
I'm guessing most of the jewelry is long gone. Taken to the pawn store to finance his ski vacation.

As for the charges, I hope they include kidnapping and armed robbery for holding the couple at gunpoint, that should get him a few more years.
werethere

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 2, 2013
same guy in youth under god and big sound productions?
Just Checking

Falls Church, VA

#5 Jan 2, 2013
WHAT?? A convicted felon....with a gun??? Please gun grabbers...can you explain this?

Bedford County Circuit - Criminal Division
Case Details
Case Number:
CR07008357-00 Filed:
01/03/2007 Commenced by:
Indictment Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant:
BURCHARDT, KEVIN SCOTT Sex:
Male Race:
White Caucasian (Non-Hispanic) DOB:
02/15/****
Address:
VINTON, VA 24179
Charge:
OBTAIN GOODS/FALSE PRETENSE Code Section:
18.2-178 Charge Type:
Felony Class:

Offense Date:
05/01/2006 Arrest Date:
09/16/2006
Da Troof

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 2, 2013
Waiting for the sort of racist claptrap that peppered the comments under the pizza delivery holdup story.

Oh wait, this guy's white.
A Reader

Richmond, VA

#7 Jan 2, 2013
As one of those robbed we thank the Fluvanna Sheriff's department and other local county officials that acted upon the tips and got this guy -- we hope he's the only on eand we can rest easy now. Great job Fluvanna and Sheriff Washington -- we're glad you bot him.
Imgood

Gloucester, VA

#8 Jan 2, 2013
werethere wrote:
same guy in youth under god and big sound productions?
Yes same guy
acpd critic

Orange, VA

#9 Jan 2, 2013
Disillusioned wrote:
Looks like he is about to cry.
I hope the police can return the goods to the rightful owners. And take him off to jail.
as long as ACPD is not in charge of stolen property, we probably don't have to be worried about it being stolen again. Proof is in the pudding.
Debbie

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jan 2, 2013
Da Troof wrote:
Waiting for the sort of racist claptrap that peppered the comments under the pizza delivery holdup story.
Oh wait, this guy's white.
Regardless of color, a thief is a thief and needs to be punished. It tends to run in all races. Sad but true.
Racist is a self induced sickness, and many use it to their advantage.
ya think

Rocky Mount, VA

#11 Jan 2, 2013
Just Checking wrote:
WHAT?? A convicted felon....with a gun??? Please gun grabbers...can you explain this?
A criminal breaking the law... that IS news!(sarcasm alert)
confused

Palmyra, VA

#12 Jan 2, 2013
Why are we only hearing about this after there's been an arrest!? As a Fluvanna resident, it would have been good to know that someone was conducting armed robberies in the area so that we could take precautions. Come on, police departments - help us out here! Yippee you caught him - wouldn't it have been better to prevent an armed kidnapping in the first place?
citizen

Crozet, VA

#14 Jan 2, 2013
Even Wally World now sells cameras for photographing game for hunters. It's a cheap way to watch what slithers onto your property while you are away.
usualsuspects

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Jan 2, 2013
I hate it when they grab the dj right in the middle of the hokey pokey.
TroyResident

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Jan 2, 2013
I live in one of the subdivisions that he hit. The couple that he held at gun point are neighbors, And I am certainly glad I can walk outside before going to work (in the dark) knowing that he is not lerking around my home. Comfort seeing the news now putting it out there. Its a horrible feeling, knowing you are not safe in your own home. Now I feel comfortable letting my children out in the yard to play. Hope justice is served and they stick his but in jail.
explain

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jan 2, 2013
confused wrote:
Why are we only hearing about this after there's been an arrest!? As a Fluvanna resident, it would have been good to know that someone was conducting armed robberies in the area so that we could take precautions. Come on, police departments - help us out here! Yippee you caught him - wouldn't it have been better to prevent an armed kidnapping in the first place?
And what would be your plan for PREVENTING an armed kidnapping? Are you going to pay for a bunch of cops to sit in every house in the world? You can't prevent a kidnapping. I'm glad the cops caught this guy because I'm a Fluvanna resident myself (unfortunatey), but trying to downplay catching this guy by saying they could have, somehow, prevented a kidnapping is ignorant. The sad fact of the matter is that, most of the time, police departments have to be reactive instead of proactive. Prevention of a kidnapping is not something that I see them being able to be proactive about.
mike

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Jan 2, 2013
explain wrote:
<quoted text>
And what would be your plan for PREVENTING an armed kidnapping? Are you going to pay for a bunch of cops to sit in every house in the world? You can't prevent a kidnapping. I'm glad the cops caught this guy because I'm a Fluvanna resident myself (unfortunatey), but trying to downplay catching this guy by saying they could have, somehow, prevented a kidnapping is ignorant. The sad fact of the matter is that, most of the time, police departments have to be reactive instead of proactive. Prevention of a kidnapping is not something that I see them being able to be proactive about.
Maybe arm yourself would be one good way of helping to prevent it from happening. But all the anti-gun lovers would be up the creek because they wouldn't own a firearm to defend themselves. And this guy was a felon already, and had a gun. So does passing all these gun make it harder for him to get a gun or for the citizens that actually obey the laws. Just maybe if the couple that was held at gunpoint would have had a firearm on them at the time, it would have happened a lot different. Just lucky he didn't go any further then he did, that would have been terrible.
mike

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jan 2, 2013
explain wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe arm yourself would be one good way of helping to prevent it from happening. But all the anti-gun lovers would be up the creek because they wouldn't own a firearm to defend themselves. And this guy was a felon already, and had a gun. So does passing all these gun laws make it harder for him to get a gun or for the citizens that actually obey the laws and need to defend themselves. Just maybe if the couple that was held at gunpoint would have had a firearm on them at the time, it would have happened a lot different. Just lucky he didn't go any further then he did, that would have been terrible.
Tieupyourdog

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Jan 2, 2013
The youth group has taken his photo down (bald head in a grey cap that was there with a few other staff members) Geez, ya think you know a guy! He apparently dj'd weddings and owned a business. Something's not right with this guy's life, for sure.
Dee

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Jan 2, 2013
Please do a DA on him to make sure he wasing the one that had Morgan Harrington on 626 south of albermable co. Nov,24,2009

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friends & Supporters of Jesse Matthew Start Leg... 12 hr Max 2
Suspect in Hannah Graham Disappearance Tied to ... 12 hr Max 1
With suspect back in Virginia, search team with... Sun vabrowneyes 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sun IM NOT FAT OR LAZY 1,359
Volunteers Needed to Help Search for Hannah Graham Sep 27 WingMan 3
Missing UVA Student Sep 27 WingMan 9
Gay culture Sep 25 Sam 2

Charlottesville Jobs

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlottesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlottesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]