Waynesboro Man Faces Multiple Rape, S...

Waynesboro Man Faces Multiple Rape, Sexual Assault Charges

There are 66 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 10, 2013, titled Waynesboro Man Faces Multiple Rape, Sexual Assault Charges. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Waynesboro Police Department has charged a Waynesboro man with multiple counts of rape and sexual assault for incidents that occurred over a four year period beginning in the summer of 2010 and ending during the summer of 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dennis Simmers

Bellflower, CA

#2 Jul 11, 2013
He'll find out just how it feels once they send him "up the river".
Pappy Van Winkle

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jul 11, 2013
Glad he's off the street. Jeez.
WhatThe

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jul 11, 2013
"Animate Object Sexual Penetration????" He used an ANIMATE object? Like a hamster? Surely that's supposed to read INanimate object....
sadmomma

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 11, 2013
where do these sick minds come from?? these are children. This sick person has stolen their innocence from them. We are seeing so much more of this sickness lately. They should put this person in prison and let them give him his just rewards. i hear many prisoners do not like child molesters or anyone that harms children. Let them take care of him.
Who Knows

Lyndhurst, VA

#6 Jul 11, 2013
WhatThe wrote:
"Animate Object Sexual Penetration????" He used an ANIMATE object? Like a hamster? Surely that's supposed to read INanimate object....
Yes (yes to your first question; no to a hamster), an "animate object" could be his male genitalia or a finger. An "inanimate object" would mean something that is not alive--like a sex toy, or, as in the case of the cadet at Fishburne, being molested by a classmate with a broom handle.

Animate Object: Alive or possessing life. An object that is alive, like a body part.
Inanimate object: Not having the qualities associated with active, living organisms.
Who Knows

Lyndhurst, VA

#8 Jul 11, 2013
sadmomma wrote:
where do these sick minds come from?? these are children. This sick person has stolen their innocence from them. We are seeing so much more of this sickness lately. They should put this person in prison and let them give him his just rewards. i hear many prisoners do not like child molesters or anyone that harms children. Let them take care of him.
While it is true that criminals who would think nothing violence against an adult usually hate criminals who harm children, sadly the Virginia prison system knows this and they keep child molesters segregated together and away from the prisoners who would "take care of them" like they deserve. They have whole prison units set aside for those that do harm to our children, and it is never revealed what crime they committed to be confined to prison.
jus sayin

Lynchburg, VA

#9 Jul 11, 2013
It is in the water!

Don't drink the water!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda McAllister

Staunton, VA

#10 Jul 11, 2013
and now our tax dollars will pay for this worthless ________ SHOOT HIM!
Par for the course

Mount Royal, NJ

#11 Jul 11, 2013
sadmomma wrote:
Not trying to make an excuse for this creep, but I would bet money on the fact he was probably molested as a child. No excuse, because he is old enough to know right from wrong.
Who Knows

Lyndhurst, VA

#14 Jul 11, 2013
Par for the course wrote:
<quoted text>
Not trying to make an excuse for this creep, but I would bet money on the fact he was probably molested as a child. No excuse, because he is old enough to know right from wrong.
You are most likely correct. How do we stop the ongoing abuse from escalating exponentially into future generations???

I will never understand how a person who was physically or sexually abused as a child would go on to do the same to other children. A lot of women who were physically abused by their father go on to have relationship after relationship with physically abusive men. Children who hated their own sexual abuse go on to sexually abuse children when they reach their teens and adulthood.

I have no frame of reference (I was not abused in any way as a child), but in my mind I would want to spare other children from the horrors suffered in an abusive childhood.
citizen

Crozet, VA

#15 Jul 11, 2013
When he gets out of the house of slams he will be begging on Freebridge and at Pantops like his fraternity brothers.
MDH

Washington, DC

#16 Jul 11, 2013
There are two sides to every story! This man loves those kids dearly and would NEVER do something like this to anyone!!
Citizen of United Sates

Forest, VA

#17 Jul 11, 2013
This says that he is facing charges, not that he has been charged.
Things are not always as they seem and a lot of innocent people have been accused of crimes they didn't commit! It's in the news everyday.
Just hope that something like this doesn't happen to you or someone in your family.
The Dude

Bumpass, VA

#19 Jul 11, 2013
Citizen of United Sates wrote:
This says that he is facing charges, not that he has been charged.
Things are not always as they seem and a lot of innocent people have been accused of crimes they didn't commit! It's in the news everyday.
Just hope that something like this doesn't happen to you or someone in your family.
Do you mean like this man?

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/virginia-man...

or this man?

http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2012/...
cawntry critter

Richmond, VA

#20 Jul 11, 2013
Who Knows wrote:
<quoted text>You are most likely correct. How do we stop the ongoing abuse from escalating exponentially into future generations???
I will never understand how a person who was physically or sexually abused as a child would go on to do the same to other children. A lot of women who were physically abused by their father go on to have relationship after relationship with physically abusive men. Children who hated their own sexual abuse go on to sexually abuse children when they reach their teens and adulthood.
I have no frame of reference (I was not abused in any way as a child), but in my mind I would want to spare other children from the horrors suffered in an abusive childhood.
The problem is, a person does what they know, good or bad. It takes sincere cognitive awareness to NOT repeat negative behavior. Most offenders, are vicitims themselves, lets face it, who in most cases, have not in any way, dealt with their own experiences. An excuse to become the perp? Definitly not. The reason they have, it likely is. It's a battle of society no doubt.
Wicked

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Jul 11, 2013
IF he's guilty, castrate him and all like him!
The Dude

Bumpass, VA

#24 Jul 11, 2013
Wicked wrote:
IF he's guilty, castrate him and all like him!
There you go... I'm with that.
allen

Ruckersville, VA

#25 Jul 11, 2013
give him life
Who Knows

Lyndhurst, VA

#26 Jul 11, 2013
MDH wrote:
There are two sides to every story! This man loves those kids dearly and would NEVER do something like this to anyone!!
If this is true, then his love is misplaced, because that makes the hateful little kids liars. Right???
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#27 Jul 11, 2013
Let's change this Topix to the Zimmerman trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Va Medicaid expansion Wed Patient X 1
Looking for a couple of homeless people Feb 6 Hospitalityhouseg... 5
Looking for dick Feb 5 Denny 2
News Albemarle May Soon Have More Panhandling Feb 3 screwem 5
Teresa Casey... Jan 17 Sam 1
News Police Find City Woman On I-64 Jan '16 Debra 1
I'm horny as hell (Oct '14) Jan '16 Forever_Angel 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlottesville Mortgages