Greene County Man Charged in Marijuana Bust - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Wea...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

A Greene County man is under arrest after a marijuana bust. William Randy Shifflett Jr.
Comments
1 - 20 of 63 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mitt Romney would say

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

How much money did we have to borrow from China to bust this dope grower? Was it worth it...I doubt it.
UVA Mom

Crozet, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Don't let looks deceive you! I am a Shifflett from Greene, and can proudly say I have a child attending UVa. Many people get busted for marijuana, not Shiffletts.
dog

Warrenton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

he is a good dude
DID YOU HEAR THAT

Amissville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Man not another Shifflett.
gah

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Shifflett !

(how does one 'manufacture' pot plants?)
A Reader

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

UVA Mom wrote:
Don't let looks deceive you! I am a Shifflett from Greene, and can proudly say I have a child attending UVa. Many people get busted for marijuana, not Shiffletts.
Congratulations on your child attending UVA. We're formerly from Greene and our daughter graduated from UVA with a masters in Civil Engineering. Proud to know another Green Mom who agrees with us -- not all Greene COunty people (including SHiffletts) are bad.
SHIFFLETT IS my Last NAME

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

People should not sterotype other people just because of the last name.People are everywhere that has the same last names and It's not only the Shifflett's that makes the news. Are you ashamed of who you are you rotten ORANGE!!
concerned

Barboursville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

I am a Shifflett with a Master's Degree from the University of Virginia. The surprising thing for me is the difference in the way that one is treated with the last name of Shifflett. There are a lot of Shiffletts - and a few deviant personalities in every family; I guess. And there are a lot of good productive people that should be treated with respect and not stereotyping.

Since: Apr 08

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

gah wrote:
Shifflett !
(how does one 'manufacture' pot plants?)
'Manufacturing marijuana with intent to distribute' is the crime he was officially charged with.

Here's a link to the Code of Virginia: http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe...
Anonymous

Madison, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

I know someone who knows him. He's not a bad person. In fact, I'm pretty sure he was only doing it to help pay for his house bills. It's sad to see how this turned out for him.
Colt 45

Warrenton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

What a shame,now all that money will be going to
Mexico.Mucho Gracias.
concerned

Barboursville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

UVA Mom wrote:
Stinky Orange, I am a Shifflett. I've graduated from school, got a 2 year college degree, and have worked hard all my life. I can say the very same thing about my parents. One thing we do have and you don't is manners and an open-mind towards all people. I don't judge by names, but by character and actions.
2 year college degree?? Oh congratulations! You got a 2-year certificate from Piedmont Virginia Community College. I bet your family is so proud. I on the other hand, have a 4-year degree from a University and I work for a major corporation making copious amounts of money. My bi-weekly paycheck puts your life to shame.
You, and all Shifflett's are Inferior to me, so SHUT YOUR MOUTH
MY REPLY TO TWO ABOVE: UVA Mom - continue to be proud of yourself and your family ethics.
WILBUR -the person and ethics including respect of others is much more important than a 4-year degree from "a university" and working for a "major corporation". UVA Mom deserves an apology. Your last name isn't mentioned but every person deserves to be treated with respect.
JCS

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Civility, people, civility . . .
WOW

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

First name has nothing to do with it, I was let go by a gay black man and in serious need of job, he was making money leave him alone, I can't find a job get real police we all have to live and please leave Greene alone as well
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

If he was earning income, the only thing he should be charged with is tax evasion.(and some sort of regulatory fine) Of course it's illegal, but so is trick-or-treating on Halloween. Regulate it, tax it, keep it out of the hands of the real criminals and those that would sell drugs to children.(like liquor stores)
AAAAA

Lyndhurst, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

When 1 out of 3 people in Greene county is named Shifflett,the odds of a Shifflett being arrested is pretty high.
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/10/17...
Even squirrels learn from thier mistakes, why can't we?

“bad luck or no luck”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

omg, they arreasted bigfoot!
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Cville has its stereotypes, so does Greene. Where there's smoke..........
parsely

Leonardtown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

what

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Charlottesville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Charlottesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••