Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

Dec 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC29

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Comments
1 - 20 of 2,689 Comments Last updated Feb 23, 2013
First Prev
of 135
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

if someone wants to kill a bunch of people with a vehicle it would not be difficult you will admit this right? yet, we know that removing the right of people to own a car is not the answer to this problem. the problem is that violence is systemic in our society. WE could have a peaceful and productive society but that would hurt profits., and afterall , the religious mantra "maximize profits" ..at whatever cost in human lives and to the planet...is placed high on a pedestal. nevermind the environment and the well being of the citizens, as long as ABC Corp. had a good year...all is well
Taco Beller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

beepbopa1 wrote:
if someone wants to kill a bunch of people with a vehicle it would not be difficult you will admit this right? yet, we know that removing the right of people to own a car is not the answer to this problem. the problem is that violence is systemic in our society. WE could have a peaceful and productive society but that would hurt profits., and afterall , the religious mantra "maximize profits" ..at whatever cost in human lives and to the planet...is placed high on a pedestal. nevermind the environment and the well being of the citizens, as long as ABC Corp. had a good year...all is well
Gun control works about as good as drug control. China and the UN are pressuring the US gov to disarm Americans. These people could care less about children or any of you. They want America a slave state.
WVU

Purcellville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Law abiding citizens who own or carry guns are no threat to me. The greatest threat to my health are the numerous drivers is see daily who are texting and talking on cell phones. 32,310 people in 2011 died in traffic crashes. That would compare to 3 out of every 4 citizens of Charlottesville being killed last year.
the truth

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

WVU wrote:
Law abiding citizens who own or carry guns are no threat to me. The greatest threat to my health are the numerous drivers is see daily who are texting and talking on cell phones. 32,310 people in 2011 died in traffic crashes. That would compare to 3 out of every 4 citizens of Charlottesville being killed last year.
As in Europe where guns are not to be found, driving like an idiot is dealt with harshly. We don't care about people who die from guns and auto accidents that we don't know, we only care about our individual rats, NOT about our neighbor.
Bark Obeyme

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Ummm...Let me be clear... I have a plan and I won. Make no mistake, your confiscated weapons will be sold back to you via Mexican druglords. Ummmm... It's a win-win for our friends in Mexico, and it'll keep me in that cock habit I picked up while working at Baskin Robins. I'm hear to tell you, ice cream taste best with a little toot. Ummm... Besides, this way the Zetas get to spread some of their wealth to our deficit, and all it costs me is your gun. Never mind your gun will probably come back across the border and be put in the hands of criminals. Ummm.. those aren't criinals, they are undocumented members of the FEMA Corp.
Gun Owner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Bark Obeyme wrote:
Ummm...Let me be clear... I have a plan and I won. Make no mistake, your confiscated weapons will be sold back to you via Mexican druglords. Ummmm... It's a win-win for our friends in Mexico, and it'll keep me in that cock habit I picked up while working at Baskin Robins. I'm hear to tell you, ice cream taste best with a little toot. Ummm... Besides, this way the Zetas get to spread some of their wealth to our deficit, and all it costs me is your gun. Never mind your gun will probably come back across the border and be put in the hands of criminals. Ummm.. those aren't criinals, they are undocumented members of the FEMA Corp.
FEMA has camps for law abiding gun owners.
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

beepbopa1 wrote:
Equating a car with an AR15 ... place this looney on the watch list
Larry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Gnu wrote:
<quoted text>Equating a car with an AR15 ... place this looney on the watch list
People have been murdered with chainsaws. I never got background checked when buying one? Walmart sells them. Oh I forgot...faux news didn't demonize chain saws yet!
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

People get murdered in a lot of ways but not as easily as pulling a trigger. All guns should be confiscated, banned and destroyed. It forces us to learn ways to get along.
dumb as owl poo

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

sez you wrote:
People get murdered in a lot of ways but not as easily as pulling a trigger. All guns should be confiscated, banned and destroyed. It forces us to learn ways to get along.
I don't think you'll get far with that notion of "forces
us to learn ways to get along". You see it's the forces part that sticks in the craw. That will only cause us to become more ceative and invent new ways or revive the old ways...pointy rocks of all sizes attached to wooden shafts and the like, axes, knives, and flamable liquids to name a few.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

dumb as owl poo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you'll get far with that notion of "forces
us to learn ways to get along". You see it's the forces part that sticks in the craw. That will only cause us to become more ceative and invent new ways or revive the old ways...pointy rocks of all sizes attached to wooden shafts and the like, axes, knives, and flamable liquids to name a few.
There are countless ways that human beings kill each other.

However, no other method is so easy, so apt to be related to impulse or so instantly deadly as is being shot, especially being shot multiple times.
Larry

Branchland, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

American freedom was created with guns And will always be preserved with guns. All you soft show naysayers had better not kid yourselves. Without guns in the hands of citizens, the scenery would change real fast. We would be living under tyranny in no time.
Lawton

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
However, no other method is so easy, so apt to be related to impulse or so instantly deadly as is being shot, especially being shot multiple times.
Actually multiple gunshots are less effective than one well placed bullet.

I really don't think Adam was triggered by an impuse to murder 27 people in 2 locations over a time span of probably a minimum of an hour or much more. Adam planned the attack and executed the plan.

A gun might be easy in some respects but Jim Jones mudered 912 innocents with poisened koolaid, a very easy way to murder. What if Adam would have went to work at a school, he could have easily killed hundreds. Easy by any standards, and gun control wouldn't prevent the murders.

RIP kids and brave staff of SH-ES.
dumb as owl poo

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
So as my wise Grandfather often said....You Fight Fire With Fire! If I think I'm going to be fired at, rest assured I intend to return fire.
Law

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

sez you wrote:
People get murdered in a lot of ways but not as easily as pulling a trigger.

All guns should be confiscated, banned and destroyed. It forces us to learn ways to get along.
So how long have you been an advocate of criminal enabling/victim disarmament policies, spud?
Why don't you wander into the hood and tell that to the bangers?
Larry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

While you were watching the oil spill, the New York failed terrorist bombing and other critical crises, Hillary Clinton signed the small arms treaty with the UN.

OBAMA FINDS LEGAL WAY AROUND THE 2ND AMENDMENT AND USES IT. IF THIS PASSES, THERE COULD BE WAR

On Wednesday the Obama administration took its first major step in a plan to ban all firearms in the United States. The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg.

The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms. The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty....
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

There are 30 Republican statehouses. If you had any guns in Illinois, and I would never admit it, or keep them in Illinois while the Hitlerites are in control of the Government, take them to Indiana. There are several gun clubs that will let you keep them their until Illinois has to make them legal. The Supreme court just said Illinois had to remove their gun ban. We will see where that goes.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

CNN is so hypocritical when it comes to gun control. They hammer away at a ban on assault weapons.

But go very delicately with Hollywood, film industry and E-Games.

Could this be that CNN and parent company,“Time Warner,” is in bed with the entertainment industry?
Mid Term 2014

Canton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Gun Owners of America
http://gunowners.co/new-annual-membership

JPFO membership information.
http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/member.htm

Join NRA! Protect Your Second Amendment Rights!
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp...
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Larry wrote:
While you were watching the oil spill, the New York failed terrorist bombing and other critical crises, Hillary Clinton signed the small arms treaty with the UN.
OBAMA FINDS LEGAL WAY AROUND THE 2ND AMENDMENT AND USES IT. IF THIS PASSES, THERE COULD BE WAR
On Wednesday the Obama administration took its first major step in a plan to ban all firearms in the United States. The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg.
The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms. The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty....
Did you miss the part in your link where it has a big red bulletin stating "FALSE"? Which means nothing you just wrote is true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 135
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Charlottesville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Charlottesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••