Voter ID Complaints Raise Questions A...

Voter ID Complaints Raise Questions About Similar Plan in VA - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA New...

There are 201 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 13, 2012, titled Voter ID Complaints Raise Questions About Similar Plan in VA - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA New.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Federal complaints about voter ID laws in Texas, South Carolina, and Wisconsin are raising questions about a similar new law in Virginia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

zZz

Charlottesville, VA

#181 Apr 9, 2012
heh wrote:
Forget identifying, odds of voter fraud actually being committed that this law would have prevented are less than winning mega millions.
huckleberry hound will not give up though. Have faith!
Well, was talking about identifying... actually committing, odds are greater that Huckleberry would beat out Romney and become our next President and during his inauguration speech, be heckled by Elvis Presley.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#182 Apr 9, 2012
zZz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, was talking about identifying... actually committing, odds are greater that Huckleberry would beat out Romney and become our next President and during his inauguration speech, be heckled by Elvis Presley.
You are correct, of course.
Guess we can wait for his imminent response.

“Don't Drink The Obama Kool-Aid”

Since: Aug 09

You don't need to know, Va.

#183 Apr 9, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
When holder gets there and finds out someone already voted in his name, they playback the video surveillance camera, and brightdull goes to jail.
LOL
What video surveillance camera?

#184 Apr 9, 2012
zZz wrote:
<quoted text>
Odds of identifying voter fraud are less than having won the recent Mega Millions lottery.
Huck, commit voter fraud, so we can cite an example.You'll be supporting your own idiotic rationale (I promise, won't tell....)
Talking to yourself again heh? Sad,really sad.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#185 Apr 9, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text>What video surveillance camera?
The one watching you trying to find an 'actual' voter fraud this bill would have prevented.

LOL, Huck just crashed google searching for more 'evidence'.
(uhoh, here come the negative 'Judge it!s from the proxies)
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#186 Apr 9, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text> Talking to yourself again heh? Sad,really sad.
Nope zZz is not me, but your alternate ego posts are obvious. I can spot them immediately.
zZz

Charlottesville, VA

#187 Apr 9, 2012
Wait ..... a Spanish Company, SCYTL, has acquired SOE, the leading vote processing company in the United States. This means votes will now be transferred to a central server overseas, where they will be counted, rather than being counted at the local precinct level.(over 900 voting precincts across the USA)
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#188 Apr 9, 2012
zZz wrote:
Wait ..... a Spanish Company, SCYTL, has acquired SOE, the leading vote processing company in the United States. This means votes will now be transferred to a central server overseas, where they will be counted, rather than being counted at the local precinct level.(over 900 voting precincts across the USA)
OK, you got me, that PROVES voter fraud. Wait, no, I think Spain prefers Romney.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#189 Apr 9, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text> With all the crooks in the democratic party, you can make that "nobody but breitdull would do that" comment with a straight face? LOL How is it "fixed" when holder shows up to vote?
Are you seriously insinuating that democrats hold a monopoly on corruption?

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/10428795-41...

#190 Apr 10, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously insinuating that democrats hold a monopoly on corruption?
http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/10428795-41...
Of course not,but the democrats still have a HUGE lead in the corruption department.

#191 Apr 10, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
When holder gets there and finds out someone already voted in his name, they playback the video surveillance camera, and brightdull goes to jail.
LOL
You might just want to bone up on DC voting laws. " No poll watcher or election observer shall at at time do any of the following: use any video or still cameras while the polls are open for voting, or use any video or still camera inside the counting center if such use is disruptive or interferes with the administration of the counting process."
And besides don't you know that cameras in polling places would scare off minority voters? LOL LOL LOL LOL
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#192 Apr 10, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text>You might just want to bone up on DC voting laws. " No poll watcher or election observer shall at at time do any of the following: use any video or still cameras while the polls are open for voting, or use any video or still camera inside the counting center if such use is disruptive or interferes with the administration of the counting process."
And besides don't you know that cameras in polling places would scare off minority voters? LOL LOL LOL LOL
First of all, the guy checking in the brightdull plant with the hidden videocam was not a poll watcher or poll observer, but outside the actual polling booth area checking in voters TO the voting area.
2'nd, a camera isn't even necessary. There would be no reason for one person to risk a 3 1/2 year prison sentence and $10,000 fine to impersonate one person to cast one vote. That is not going to affect an election and would be almost as dumb as your post that someone COULD.

True to form you omit or rearrange words to support your untenable position and you put it in quotes to boot. Lame.

The wording is:
"Use any video or still cameras inside the polling place while the polls
are open for voting"
The dullbright twit with the camera was not 'inside the polling place'.

Here's the source
http://newsroom.dc.gov/file.aspx/release/1985...
page 004253

The Republican party is doing a good job on its own scaring off minority voters. They've pretty much lost the hispanic vote, and doing their best to alienate african-americans and the women vote, at least those with an education. Good luck in Nov.

#193 Apr 10, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the guy checking in the brightdull plant with the hidden videocam was not a poll watcher or poll observer, but outside the actual polling booth area checking in voters TO the voting area.
2'nd, a camera isn't even necessary. There would be no reason for one person to risk a 3 1/2 year prison sentence and $10,000 fine to impersonate one person to cast one vote. That is not going to affect an election and would be almost as dumb as your post that someone COULD.
True to form you omit or rearrange words to support your untenable position and you put it in quotes to boot. Lame.
The wording is:
"Use any video or still cameras inside the polling place while the polls
are open for voting"
The dullbright twit with the camera was not 'inside the polling place'.
Here's the source
http://newsroom.dc.gov/file.aspx/release/1985...
page 004253
The Republican party is doing a good job on its own scaring off minority voters. They've pretty much lost the hispanic vote, and doing their best to alienate african-americans and the women vote, at least those with an education. Good luck in Nov.
Are you really that dense? I was replying to your post,"When holder gets there and finds out someone already voted in his name, they playback the video surveillance camera, and brightdull goes to jail." There are NO video surveillance cameras allowed at the DC polls as per your last post.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#194 Apr 10, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text> Are you really that dense? I was replying to your post,"When holder gets there and finds out someone already voted in his name, they playback the video surveillance camera, and brightdull goes to jail." There are NO video surveillance cameras allowed at the DC polls as per your last post.
You need to read more carefully and quote more carefully. The guy was outside the polling booth area, checking in to be let into the polls.

But again, you are beating a dead horse huck.

#195 Apr 10, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read more carefully and quote more carefully. The guy was outside the polling booth area, checking in to be let into the polls.
But again, you are beating a dead horse huck.
Yes, I agree, you are a dead horse.

“Big Government IS the problem!”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#196 Apr 10, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I agree, you are a dead horse.
No Huck,she's a horse's arse.

#197 May 24, 2013
Minority suppression my arse! Looks like the DOJ is doing all the voter suppression.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/349116/...
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#198 May 24, 2013
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
Minority suppression my arse! Looks like the DOJ is doing all the voter suppression.
this is voter id thread huck
you'll never understand the disctinction, so just give up

#199 May 24, 2013
Well,well,well, I guess there was voter suppression after all.

The 2012 election season was filled with angry cries of “voter suppression,” almost all of them regarding attempts by states to require voter ID and otherwise improve ballot integrity. Bill Clinton warned that “there has never been — in my lifetime, since we got rid of the poll tax and all the other Jim Crow burdens on voting — the determined effort to limit the franchise that we see today.” Democratic-party chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz said “photo-ID laws, we think, are very similar to a poll tax.”

All of this proved to be twaddle. An August 2012 Washington Post poll showed nearly two-thirds of African-Americans and Hispanics backing photo ID. The Census Bureau has found that the rate of voter turnout for blacks exceeded that of whites for the first time in the 2012 election.

But it now turns out there may have suppression of the vote after all.“It looks like a lot of tea-party groups were less active or never got off the ground because of the IRS actions,” Wisconsin governor Scott Walker told me.“Sure seems like people were discouraged by it.”

Indeed, several conservative groups I talked with said they were directly impacted by having their non-profit status delayed by either IRS inaction or burdensome and intrusive questioning. At least two donors told me they didn’t contribute to True the Vote, a group formed to combat voter fraud, because after three years of waiting the group still didn’t have its status granted at the time of the 2012 election.(While many of the targeted tea-party groups were seeking to become 501(c)(4)s, donations to which are not tax-deductible, True the Vote sought to become a 501(c)(3).) This week, True the Vote sued the IRS in federal court, asking a judge to enjoin the agency from targeting anyone in the future.

Advertisement

Cleta Mitchell, True the Vote’s lawyer, says we’ll never know just how much political activity was curtailed by the IRS targeting. She has one client who wanted to promote reading of the Constitution, but who didn’t even hear back from the IRS for three years – until last Monday, when the IRS informed this client that some questions would be sent.
“I was about to file with the IRS when other tea-party groups started to get harassed,” Pennsylvania activist Jennifer Stefano told Time magazine.“I remember checking with the IRS to see if they wanted the group [Facebook] page or my personal page, and they said ‘All of it.’”

The IRS claims that all of the delays and information demands were rooted in mere mismanagement and misjudgment, a stance that began to look even shakier yesterday when Lois Lerner, the director of the IRS’s exempt-organization division, took the Fifth Amendment before a House committee.

Read more at:

#200 May 24, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
this is voter id thread huck
you'll never understand the disctinction, so just give up
From the story topic:
"The justice department said voter ID laws in other states will do more harm than good. They say instead of combating fraud, it will just keep legitimate voters from casting ballots. But what about Virginia?"

From post #4:
The ONLY reason for it is to suppress the Democratic vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unsatisfactory living conditions at Fluvanna pr... 1 hr Will S 1
Vote For Trump (Feb '16) 20 hr totallydisgusted 5
Countercultural hypocracy BETRAYS their 60's roots (Aug '13) 21 hr totallydisgusted 6
Bus Drivers Not Respected 21 hr totallydisgusted 2
News New Law Requires Disclosure Statement for Lyme ... (Mar '13) Jun 17 jasmina1990 21
wyx 7799 Jun 8 Shameful Drivers 1
News Muslim leaders denounce billboard in Indianapolis Jun 7 samy 2

Charlottesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlottesville Mortgages