Voter ID Complaints Raise Questions About Similar Plan in VA - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA New...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Federal complaints about voter ID laws in Texas, South Carolina, and Wisconsin are raising questions about a similar new law in Virginia.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of201
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GoUVA

Palmyra, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

Obummer won in 2008, and they say there's no election fraud? How else could a loser win?
Triple Tint SUV

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

GoUVA wrote:
Obummer won in 2008, and they say there's no election fraud? How else could a loser win?
It is simply a question of how many don't work or pay taxes. Look at the City Council's electorate.
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

GoUVA wrote:
By running against Bush; it's not that complicated.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

There has been not ONE incident of illegal voting which this law would prevent. Nobody can point to a SINGLE incident which has ever happened. Not ONE!

The ONLY reason for it is to suppress the Democratic vote.
frmr

Stanleytown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

heh wrote:
There has been not ONE incident of illegal voting which this law would prevent. Nobody can point to a SINGLE incident which has ever happened. Not ONE!

There is a lot of nonsense in your post. Why would asking for ID suppress JUST the Democratic vote? Are you saying more Democrats than Republicans have no ID or that Democrats are more prone to illegal activites, such as voting for another person?

Also, EVERYONE who registers to vote has a voter ID card. Use it! This bill does NOT say picture ID; just ID which has already been provided to everyone free of charge through the Voter Card.

Quit complaining and grow up.
Bob

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

Looks like the Repugs know they can win is voter prevention laws.
Bob

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

*the only way they can win*

“Don't Drink The Obama Kool-Aid”

Since: Aug 09

You don't need to know, Va.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

heh wrote:
WRONG! Itís about protecting voter fraud to elect Democrats.
think about it

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

What's the problem, show your ID , unless you have something to hide.
Arm Chair Detective

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

Iíve had to show picture ID to return an item at Wal-Mart, buy cigarettes, and buy beer. Those that are against voter ID claim that it will disenfranchise poor people like me? Get real!
Victory Gin

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

Old Democrat Mind Trick

State Election Official: Let me see your identification.

Eric Holder (waves hand): You don't need to see his identification.

SEO: We don't need to see his identification.

EH: This isn't the voter fraud you're looking for.

SEO: This isn't the voter fraud we're looking for.

EH: Obama is a great president.

SEO: Obama is a great president.
gWhz

Fort Lee, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

Why would requiring some form of ID affect minority voting or disenfranchize anyone? Everyone has some form of ID (unless they are illegal and haven't bought a fake ID).
You have to show an ID to get a library card, register for classes,open a bank account, buy beer and cigarettes, on and on. What is the problem? Bring your ID and vote.
Oh yeah...you probably wouldn't get to vote more than once using that ID, and probably would get caught trying to vote someplace other than your designated voting spot. Is that what is getting some people so bent out of shape? That is the ONLY problem I can see with requiring voter ID.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

frmr wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot of nonsense in your post. Why would asking for ID suppress JUST the Democratic vote? Are you saying more Democrats than Republicans have no ID or that Democrats are more prone to illegal activites, such as voting for another person?
Also, EVERYONE who registers to vote has a voter ID card. Use it! This bill does NOT say picture ID; just ID which has already been provided to everyone free of charge through the Voter Card.
Quit complaining and grow up.
The very people who will likely not obtain the voter ID card are the ones who tend to vote Democratic; minorities, students, seniors.

If there is no voter fraud which this card has prevented, why have the law?

WHY? Answer that. Again, there is no FRAUD this card would have prevented, WHY do we need this taxpayer funded, voter suppression program.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text> WRONG! Itís about protecting voter fraud to elect Democrats.
prove any voter fraud that this card would have prevented
(do you really want to go through this again?)
The Wise Allen Iverson

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

Let me break this down to some of you that forget your US History this is simply a Poll Tax. The 24th Amendment Ended the Poll Tax January 23, 1964
Imagine that you are finally old enough to vote in your first election. But, do you have enough money? Money, to vote? Not long ago, citizens in some states had to pay a fee to vote in a national election. This fee was called a poll tax. On January 23, 1964, the United States ratified the 24th Amendment to the Constitution, prohibiting any poll tax in elections for federal officials.
POOR PEOPLE often do not have cars, do not have money for ID's since they won't need a drivers license. Don't forget that it is much harder to get an ID now since 911, I hope none of you lose your id ever or let it expire. This is a violation of the rights of fellow Citizens. You should know your FACTS about this instead of using poor misinformed logic.
17 Yrs Election Official

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

Never has a person tried to vote as another person. There is already a mechanism and associated form for voters to use if they have no ID. Provisional ballots take about 10-15 minutes to complete all the forms and envelopes. If you have a large precinct that could mean a lot of provisional ballots. I personally don't care. I have to be there 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. I'll take as much time as it takes to complete the Provisional ballots. The voter is the one who is going to be delayed. Plus, they have to come back to the Registration Office and show ID, and those votes will be delayed. Maybe it won't make a difference. I agree that you have to have ID's for everything and all my voters in my precinct have ID's. It's just a lot of hoopla over nothing. I would like someone to document one instance where someone has come in and claimed to be another person, dead or alive. Just one.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

17 Yrs Election Official wrote:
Never has a person tried to vote as another person. There is already a mechanism and associated form for voters to use if they have no ID. Provisional ballots take about 10-15 minutes to complete all the forms and envelopes. If you have a large precinct that could mean a lot of provisional ballots. I personally don't care. I have to be there 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. I'll take as much time as it takes to complete the Provisional ballots. The voter is the one who is going to be delayed. Plus, they have to come back to the Registration Office and show ID, and those votes will be delayed. Maybe it won't make a difference. I agree that you have to have ID's for everything and all my voters in my precinct have ID's. It's just a lot of hoopla over nothing. I would like someone to document one instance where someone has come in and claimed to be another person, dead or alive. Just one.
They cannot.

This odious piece of legislation passed only as a ploy for Repuglican advantage in the Nov elections. Politics at its worst.
No You Moron

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

heh wrote:
<quoted text>
prove any voter fraud that this card would have prevented
(do you really want to go through this again?)
Prove you have a right to vote before you vote. It's not that difficult to comprehend. This should be a basic tenant of exercising your right.

I should be able to vote with absolutely no responsibility to prove who I am, and that I have the right to vote, but I should have to submit to fingerprinting, pay for a training class, and comply with a miriad of confusing Federal, state, and local laws to defend myself and my family with a firearm (also a constitutional right).

Only a mouth breathing liberal would even try to justify this.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
By running against Bush; it's not that complicated.
Obviously, a minimum I.Q. should be required as well. Obummer didn't run against Bush, Genius.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

heh wrote:
Well, the ID law would prevent illegals, criminals, and THE DEAD from voting, so, yes, then, there goes your Democratic vote. Too bad, so sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of201
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlottesville Discussions

Search the Charlottesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 3 hr Annie 1,350
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr 14 Jim 1,434
Altria, Cville Businesses Against Proposed Ciga... Apr 10 Mugs mahone 1
Carlos Untied: Behind the Scenes at the Newsplex (Aug '10) Apr 5 truerer 2
student sues abc thugs Apr 2 civilliberty 4
Panhandling at Stop Lights Raises Enforcement Q... (May '13) Mar 30 panhandler 133
Oakhill Market Breaking and Entering Suspect Ar... (Oct '11) Mar '14 Who are you to judge 28
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlottesville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance