Thrift Store Opens In Waynesboro

A Staunton homeless shelter is opening a new thrift store in Waynesboro to reach more families struggling through these tough times. Full Story
Lazy Rabble

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Dec 13, 2009
Waynesboro sure seems to be becoming hadout central. Isn't anybody willing to work for a living there?
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Dec 13, 2009
Lazy Rabble wrote:
Waynesboro sure seems to be becoming hadout central. Isn't anybody willing to work for a living there?
Just exactly where would you like them to work Oh wise one. Read the news lately.
Huh

Waynesboro, VA

#3 Dec 13, 2009
So this store is only open to homeless and needy, unlike the goodwill?
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Dec 13, 2009
Huh wrote:
So this store is only open to homeless and needy, unlike the goodwill?
No.
Joe

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Dec 13, 2009
Who wants to buy other people's garbage? Them Waynesboro people are weird.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Dec 13, 2009
There's a Savation Army store on Cherry Ave, a Goodwill on Pantops and 29, the SPCA has a store on Preston and a second hand store in Belmont. So what was it you said about Waynesboro people?

Since: Aug 09

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Dec 14, 2009
What is wrong about visiting 2nd hand stores? What's so wrong with recycling clothes, books, DVD's, CD's, etc.? Keeps it out of landfills. I have found some great things at 2nd hand stores. One man's treasure is another man's junk, anyway.
Come off your high horses. The SPCA has their sales to help homeless animals. It's a good cause. Some people are such snobs.
Great deal

Waynesboro, VA

#8 Dec 14, 2009
Joe wrote:
Who wants to buy other people's garbage? Them Waynesboro people are weird.
I went by there earlier this evening and bought a brand new oscillating, remote control space heater with built in thermostat, to help keep my RV more toasty when we choose to "camp" in the early spring and late fall. It is a $60 current model, never opened and works great. I paid $20 for it. At least that money went to help local people who need food and shelter instead of going in a pocket of some corporate man.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Dec 14, 2009
Ollymo wrote:
What is wrong about visiting 2nd hand stores? What's so wrong with recycling clothes, books, DVD's, CD's, etc.? Keeps it out of landfills. I have found some great things at 2nd hand stores. One man's treasure is another man's junk, anyway.
Come off your high horses. The SPCA has their sales to help homeless animals. It's a good cause. Some people are such snobs.
The person who you may have referred to as a snob is by no means an individual of means. Quite the contrary, Just another uneducated red neck with a bunch of axes to grind. Doesn't know how start his chain saw.

Since: Aug 09

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Dec 15, 2009
The comment was for that person and for anyone who thinks they are above shopping at second hand stores. I'm a hard working mom who budgets every penny. If it wasn't for places like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and other 2nd hand places, I would not be able to dress appropriately for work. Where else can I find Liz Claiborne blouses for $3? Board games for $2 that my kids and I play together, VHS movies for $1 that we enjoy over and over and if it breaks, we've only lost a buck. On second thought, let the snobs stay away, then there is more picking for folks like me, who enjoy a bargain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlottesville City Council addresses city's h... Jan 22 Terrabyte 1
Dialogue on Race: Effectiveness of Protests in ... Jan 19 cops are liars an... 2
steve pritt Jan 12 crozet girl 4
Claudius Crozet the Engineer Jan 8 jax23willis 1
Massive Spike In Whites Setting Blacks On Fire Dec '14 Sam 2
Augusta Man Faces Felony Sex Charges - NBC29 WV... (Nov '12) Dec '14 stuart Draft 6
Happy Holidays Dec '14 Stan0807 1
Charlottesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:39 am PST