Man Shot While Serving on President's...

Man Shot While Serving on President's Gun Violence Commission

There are 50 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 9, 2013, titled Man Shot While Serving on President's Gun Violence Commission. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A Fluvanna County man is recovering from gunshot wounds at the University of Virginia Medical Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#46 May 16, 2013
Eaglescout1984 wrote:
The reason this man was shot is not because someone simply had a gun. It is due to the culture of violence that the thugs that shot him subscribe to. People like that feel it is okay to just open fire on a car, bystanders be damned, if someone in that car just offended you, or lives a few streets away, so they are automatically a "rival gang member."
If you want to stop inner-city gun violence, you need to stop the problem of young people becoming romanticized by the idea of violence and using weapons to "be a man". You need to have leaders in those communities stand up and declare a war on gangs, drugs and the violence that is tearing that community apart.
I don't know how this whole idea of it's cool and hip to kill and injure people walking down the street came from, but it's the reason so many people are the victims of gun violence.
I agree 100% but the question is who's gonna step up to the plate? There are no true leaders in the black community and the biggest names are nothing but extortionists.
Thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#47 May 16, 2013
posumcop wrote:
<quoted text>
Responsibility #1: Hit your target.
Responsibility #2: I will be responsible for myself and my family.
Responsibility #3: You be responsible for yourself and your family.
Thats exactly the kind of me first and frig your neighbor thinking that gets us all in trouble to begin with. You some kind ignorant white seperatist jerk? say yes.
Captain Obvious

Charlottesville, VA

#48 May 16, 2013
Happy fun facts:

DC has some of the toughest gun laws, yet gun crime is rampant.

The 1993-2011 DOJ report on firearm violence show it's no shock that this man was shot.
http://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf

The same report shows how gun violence has gone down over the years, but also shows what types of weapons and people are involved in those crimes.

It sure ain't cowboys!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#49 May 16, 2013
WVU wrote:
<quoted text>
How True, I live in Northern Va and worked in DC for years. Going to DC at night is a roll of the dice. Amazing how many people are shot in a city that is a gun free zone.
If I want night life I go to Arlington or the Alexandria Riverfront area. Both are extremely safe and neither are gun free. The Potomac is like a river that divides two countries.
Do you think there is an electric fence between DC and Arlington/Alexandria? How do you think DC residents get their guns, and how do you know the shooter doesn't reside across the river?
The real explanation for gun violence is we have the HAVES in one community and the HAVE NOTS in the other.
WVU

Purcellville, VA

#50 May 16, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think there is an electric fence between DC and Arlington/Alexandria? How do you think DC residents get their guns, and how do you know the shooter doesn't reside across the river?
The real explanation for gun violence is we have the HAVES in one community and the HAVE NOTS in the other.
What is the difference between DC and Va. Let me help you, In Va criminals are prosecuted and especially crimes involving a firearm. In DC criminal prosecution is a joke.You wonder how criminal get their guns, that's easy...from criminal behavior.Criminals in DC understand that Va is not an attractive area to choose a victim as the "victim" may have a CCW and shorten you criminal career. As far as where the shooter lives neither you or I know that at this time. As far as the haves and have nots most of these criminal "have nots" somehow manage to drive an expensive car, wear expensive jewelry and carry a roll of cash. The real factor is lifestyle, morals , ethics and behavior. I have know poor folks I would trust with anything I own. That old liberal babble about behavior being justified by having or not having is as worn out as the race card
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#51 May 16, 2013
WVU wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between DC and Va. Let me help you, In Va criminals are prosecuted and especially crimes involving a firearm. In DC criminal prosecution is a joke.You wonder how criminal get their guns, that's easy...from criminal behavior.Criminals in DC understand that Va is not an attractive area to choose a victim as the "victim" may have a CCW and shorten you criminal career. As far as where the shooter lives neither you or I know that at this time. As far as the haves and have nots most of these criminal "have nots" somehow manage to drive an expensive car, wear expensive jewelry and carry a roll of cash. The real factor is lifestyle, morals , ethics and behavior. I have know poor folks I would trust with anything I own. That old liberal babble about behavior being justified by having or not having is as worn out as the race card
The race card is as worn out as gentrification itself.
Augco

Waynesboro, VA

#52 May 16, 2013
can you say "irony"?

of course, not getting shot requires a certain degree of common sense. who hangs out in DC at night?
I live here

Earlysville, VA

#53 May 16, 2013
Augco wrote:
can you say "irony"?
of course, not getting shot requires a certain degree of common sense. who hangs out in DC at night?
The four S's: Stupid people, at stupid times, in stupid places, doing stupid things.
Amazing

Highland, MI

#55 May 23, 2013
Guns are banned in D.C., he couldn't possibly been shot.
sez you

Macomb, MI

#56 May 23, 2013
I live here wrote:
And I have NOT been shot in my 16 years as a volunteer firearms instructor for the NRA. Ironic, isn't it?
Have you shot yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote For Trump (Feb '16) 5 hr totallydisgusted 5
Countercultural hypocracy BETRAYS their 60's roots (Aug '13) 6 hr totallydisgusted 6
Bus Drivers Not Respected 6 hr totallydisgusted 2
News New Law Requires Disclosure Statement for Lyme ... (Mar '13) Jun 17 jasmina1990 21
wyx 7799 Jun 8 Shameful Drivers 1
News Muslim leaders denounce billboard in Indianapolis Jun 7 samy 2
News Anti-Muslim billboard owned by businessman with... Jun 7 Faith 2

Charlottesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlottesville Mortgages