Fashion Square Mall Abduction Suspect...

Fashion Square Mall Abduction Suspect Released on Bond - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spo...

There are 99 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Dec 12, 2012, titled Fashion Square Mall Abduction Suspect Released on Bond - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spo.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Fluvanna County man accused of trying to abduct a small child from Charlottesville's Fashion Square Mall is out of jail Wednesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
George S

Hartselle, AL

#1 Dec 12, 2012
Here we go again. If this guy is guilty, we can read about the next abduction.
Faith

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Dec 12, 2012
Glad to hear he is out and back with his family. There is no way I believe this is true. Innocent until proven quilty.

“You so dirty baby!!!!”

Since: Nov 08

Verona,VA

#3 Dec 12, 2012
This is just me going out on a limb, but if your complex partial seizure can cause you to steal a child or even attempt to, you don't need to be in society.
Faith

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Dec 12, 2012
Have you ever thought he was helping this child and not even thought the fact that somebody would even consider he was trying to abduct? Reading the charge is making people think he DID try to abduct this child. It is not the case. That is the charge but NO he did not try to abduct the child. Give the man a fair opportunity to prove his case before convicting him on topix. Innocent until proven quilty!
cavs24 wrote:
This is just me going out on a limb, but if your complex partial seizure can cause you to steal a child or even attempt to, you don't need to be in society.
Friend

Ruckersville, VA

#5 Dec 12, 2012
Glad he's out! Kevin is a nice guy,he can't help he has seizures and if the medicine didn't do it's job. To say he shouldn't be a part of society is to say nobody who is out the ordinary should be. This man is a supervisor at his full time job and also works a second job to have an affordable life and even volunteers his time and coaches kids basketball. How many people out there can do this plus deal with his type condition. Give him a break I'm sure if he wanted to steal a kid he could have done more than just move the child out of the way. Believe me there is a whole lot worse out there, some even prepare your meals when you go out to eat!
Virginia born and breed

Harrisonburg, VA

#8 Dec 12, 2012
He picked her up and ran with her how is that moving her her father had to chase him to get her and its a bs defense he had a hotel room already booked this is pretty much saying you can use any defense to get away with a crime!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
tony hill

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Dec 12, 2012
Glad to see you made it home! take care and do not listen to NEGATIVITY
sville

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Dec 12, 2012
Faith wrote:
Have you ever thought he was helping this child and not even thought the fact that somebody would even consider he was trying to abduct? Reading the charge is making people think he DID try to abduct this child. It is not the case. That is the charge but NO he did not try to abduct the child. Give the man a fair opportunity to prove his case before convicting him on topix. Innocent until proven quilty!
<quoted text>
ok when it was all over the news saying looking for this guy why didnt he say Hey thats me and trune his self in..no someone eles truned him in
humm

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Dec 12, 2012
why does it say he has to stay away from the lake???
Breezy

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Dec 12, 2012
humm wrote:
Maybe cause kids live there and they don't want him "accidentally" picking them up and running with them.

I sure don't want him near me. lol
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Dec 12, 2012
Ok, why did feel like he had to move the child, was she in harms way? doubt it. Why did he feel like he can grab some elses child to get them out of the way? He couldn't just walk around like we all do when we come up upon kids not paying attention to whats going on around them? Sorry, he had no cause to touch this child, certainly no cause to actually handle a child in any way, I don't care how nice some people here think this guy is, you don't handle a strangers child. The seizure defence is bogus to begin with.
Because

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Dec 12, 2012
humm wrote:
The family of the child is from Fluvanna as well, that's why!
Faith

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Dec 12, 2012
Were you there? No you were not. Dont doubt til you know facts.
thinking free wrote:
Ok, why did feel like he had to move the child, was she in harms way? doubt it. Why did he feel like he can grab some elses child to get them out of the way? He couldn't just walk around like we all do when we come up upon kids not paying attention to whats going on around them? Sorry, he had no cause to touch this child, certainly no cause to actually handle a child in any way, I don't care how nice some people here think this guy is, you don't handle a strangers child. The seizure defence is bogus to begin with.
me in Palmyra

Rocky Mount, VA

#16 Dec 12, 2012
Why have we not heard anything from the victims side or anyone who was there and saw the the incident?
Dave

Orange, VA

#17 Dec 12, 2012
Since when does having a seizure cause a person to grab a toddler and try to take off?
me in Palmyra

Rocky Mount, VA

#18 Dec 12, 2012
Faith wrote:
Glad to hear he is out and back with his family. There is no way I believe this is true. Innocent until proven quilty.
I totally agree!
Lacy

Martinsville, VA

#19 Dec 12, 2012
me in Palmyra wrote:
Why have we not heard anything from the victims side or anyone who was there and saw the the incident?
TRUE STATEMENT...I HOPE THIS WORKS OUT IN HIS FAVOR!
mad

Union Hall, VA

#20 Dec 12, 2012
He should have never been let out of jail! Don't blame it on medical condition, or prescription drugs! He is a sick person and he dosen't deserve to be out where any child is! People stop taking up for sicko's!!!
Cmon Man

Norfolk, VA

#21 Dec 12, 2012
thinking free wrote:
Again, there has to be two different people posting under "thinking free" because the writing here just doesn't ring similar to some of the intelligent posts I've read here by that name. Everybody here has to know someone in their lives who is either mentally or physically handicapped or who has seizures or dementia or one of a thousand other illnesses that cause some very strange reactions. It isn't hard to imagine how people can do things that are strange to us, or seemingly not explainable, but yet are without bad intent. He may very well be guilty, but I am certainly not ready to convict simply on the lynch mob mentality of the local media or the people on this board. Geez people, I am a death penalty proponent and as conservative as them come politically and legally, but what I've read here and listened to in the local media is ridiculous. Take it down a notch and be glad that justice will have it'd day in court. For once the child is alright, and the accused will face justice. Praise God!

Now as for the Mall security, that is another matter.

Just Sayin'
fair and balanced

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Dec 12, 2012
me in Palmyra wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree!

I hope you at least have the sense to keep him away from your children. His crime was committed against a 2 year old child. She has a right to be protected by her community and the law. If you are a member of her community at least try and consider what could have happened to her if he had gotten away with her. Think of how you will feel if he gets away with the next child. This is a dangerous man and shouldn't be unsupervised around children

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News at&T, Drive Smart Virginia Focus on Distracted ... 23 hr Charlie 2
News Dominion Energy launches commercials to build p... Aug 25 tom 3
I'm horny as hell (Oct '14) Aug 20 sider 2
What should I do Aug 19 YesmanYES 1
News Kyle Long Arrested in Charlottesville (Jan '09) Aug 19 YesmanYES 82
Fletcher Askew dermatologist, pervert (May '14) Aug 17 Bill 5
Taylor Despojo of Cebu Phillipines is fugitive ... Aug 12 Rivanna 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlottesville Mortgages