Fluvanna BOS to Release Study on Water Options

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The release of a new return on investment study was delayed Wednesday night at the Board of Supervisors meeting.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jul 22, 2013
jogger

Hillsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

once again the fluvanna bos shows that they are incapable of making a decision without someone else telling them which way to go...what on earth would our local leaders do without studies....they are absolutely clueless and brainless....before they are elected you would think they know everything and once in office they become brain dead...pathetic....
Believer folks change

Palmyra, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Well here we go again. The BOS can't make a decision again. Interesting thing, I went to Zion Crossroads this afternoon, visited two of the big box stores and made purchases and during my interactions with the staff at the two established business I learned there is a Wendys and an Advance Auto Store being built. But of course the new business locations are in Louisa County which is helping their tax bases emmensely. But no, not Fluvanna County because our BOS members are just not doing their duties to the citizens and tax payers of Fluvanna. BOS of Fluvanna you should be ashamed of yourself. Enough is enough. Do something besides showing every other county in VA how ridiculous you are.
Concerned Troy Residents

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Believer folks change wrote:
Well here we go again. The BOS can't make a decision again. Interesting thing, I went to Zion Crossroads this afternoon, visited two of the big box stores and made purchases and during my interactions with the staff at the two established business I learned there is a Wendys and an Advance Auto Store being built. But of course the new business locations are in Louisa County which is helping their tax bases emmensely. But no, not Fluvanna County because our BOS members are just not doing their duties to the citizens and tax payers of Fluvanna. BOS of Fluvanna you should be ashamed of yourself. Enough is enough. Do something besides showing every other county in VA how ridiculous you are.
The only thing they know how to go after and build is industrial blight and businesses relocating from outside of Fluvanna who have no other place to go i.e. trash and recycling facilities, propane storage tanks, contractor storage yards, lumber yards, etc.... These busineses do not provide new jobs, only serve people and other businesses who are outside of Fluvanna, and purchase goods and services outside of Fluvanna paying sales taxes to other localities. They do not provide goods and services to citizens who live in Fluvanna where we can pay sales tax which will eventually come back to Fluvanna; thus, the need for Fluvanna residents to go to Louisa, Albemarle, and beyond for their needs. The only taxes industiral blight pays is personal property and equipment taxes. Sales taxes are not charged for services only on goods purchased, that we are aware of. All of this waste of time, money, and effort for industrial blight?! If anyone states that these comments are nuts, wrong, or clueless does not live in the area of these businesses or near their travel path on Route 250, mostly west towards Charlottesville. The only thing those that live in the area need is a decent grocery store with good produce, other than Wal-mart, and a decent place to buy a pizza!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Aqua Virginia is a crooked company. They have been raping Lake Monticello homeowners with outrageous water bills for years and seem to get away with rate increases year after year. I have absolutely no trust with respect to this company and Fluvanna County will be crazy to "partner" with them.
Fireboss

Hillsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

If the Fluvanna County Board of Supervisors votes to allow Aqua to provide water to Fluvanna we will never recover from the ultimate fiasco. Aqua is reviled by most of the residents at Lake Monticello. They have some of the highst water and sewer rates on the east coast. With Aquas water rates what business would want to pay the outragious rtes to them when they could move to Louisa. Why would our board be so stupid thatthey would invest over 20 million dolars into something we will not own. They are being short sighted in trying to bring water to Zion now when they should have planned this 30 years ago. Jerome Booker was a visionary when he was on the board and wanted something done then. I would dare say that he would certainly think yes we need to have a water system to promote growth but he would not want the current board to sell all our souls to Aqua.Fluvanna has shown its lack of commitment to growth with an conomic Director who has done nothing to promote business and industry. From what I hear all Fluvanna wants is businesses that attracts fairs, concerts and other social events then everybody leaves to go home. How is that going to help the tax base and provide jobs?
sez you

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Fluvy Gal wrote:
Aqua Virginia is a crooked company. They have been raping Lake Monticello homeowners with outrageous water bills for years and seem to get away with rate increases year after year. I have absolutely no trust with respect to this company and Fluvanna County will be crazy to "partner" with them.
How many of the board of supes have off shore accounts I wonder? That why people strive to get into politics, payback.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Charlottesville Forum right now

Search the Charlottesville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Fletcher Askew dermatologist, pervert Tue Shantane 4
3rd man sentenced in theft of Va. Guard equipme... (May '12) Mon firsthandknowledge 13
Scottsville Man Arrested for Homicide, Child Abuse Aug 13 test 1
Review: Post Shelley Lcsw Aug 11 Lynne Brenner Ganek 1
Jason Emmons Aug 8 Love Me 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
Panhandling at Stop Lights Raises Enforcement Q... (May '13) Jul 31 Jefferson Tea Party 135
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlottesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••