Prince George Woman Arraigned in Death of Two Children

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

A Prince George County woman will remain behind bars for allegedly leaving her two children in a parked car while she went to work.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jun 3, 2013
fred

Keswick, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Here's a clue........rubbers!
JRP

Louisa, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Regardless of the outcome of court proceedings, this woman should never be allowed to give birth again. Her negligent actions at best display an absurd lack of common sense...
Concerned parent

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

They need to lock her in car all day in the heat
JCG

Warrenton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Just what in hell is wrong with people these days!!!
Not surprised

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Morrigan, most likely their sterilizations would also have been pushed for by followers of planned parenthood. It's original purpose was to cut down on the "breeding" of the mentally ill, physically handicapped and most particularly those of colour.

In truth their purpose hasn't changed much over the year, it's why they mainly place their clinics in neighborhoods that are primarily "non-white"

I do agree that the reparation may seem unfair, however if these women were minors and the state's behaviour was to encourage or falsely represent the purposes of the procedure they deserve something.

This isn't a racial thing, it's frankly a societal thing. Young people today believe in taking care of themselves first. They didn't just pop-out that way you know, we taught it to them. We showed them that if you don't want to responsible you don't have to, you can just walk away, from marriages, relationships, jobs & yes even children. Even when we as parents didn't show them that, society as a whole did.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Not surprised wrote:
Morrigan, most likely their sterilizations would also have been pushed for by followers of planned parenthood. It's original purpose was to cut down on the "breeding" of the mentally ill, physically handicapped and most particularly those of colour.
In truth their purpose hasn't changed much over the year, it's why they mainly place their clinics in neighborhoods that are primarily "non-white"
I do agree that the reparation may seem unfair, however if these women were minors and the state's behaviour was to encourage or falsely represent the purposes of the procedure they deserve something.
This isn't a racial thing, it's frankly a societal thing. Young people today believe in taking care of themselves first. They didn't just pop-out that way you know, we taught it to them. We showed them that if you don't want to responsible you don't have to, you can just walk away, from marriages, relationships, jobs & yes even children. Even when we as parents didn't show them that, society as a whole did.
This is so true. For anyone who doesn't believe it, do a little research on Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood. She was an unapologetic elitist who was intent on cleansing society of "undesirables".

But this is a digression from the original topic. There is NO excuse for what this woman did to her children. None. If she didn't have day care, she should have called her employer and told them she couldn't come to work. God bless those poor babies for enduring what was most certainly a horrible, slow death. Lock their idiot mother away until she is too old to procreate.
The Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Not surprised wrote:
Today? So, you're suggesting that it didn't happen then? Children, and really, whole swaths of individuals, were abandoned in the past. Do you think that Charles Dickensís Oliver Twist was inspired by some prognostication?
The Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Fluvy Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so true. For anyone who doesn't believe it, do a little research on Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood. She was an unapologetic elitist who was intent on cleansing society of "undesirables".
But this is a digression from the original topic. There is NO excuse for what this woman did to her children. None. If she didn't have day care, she should have called her employer and told them she couldn't come to work. God bless those poor babies for enduring what was most certainly a horrible, slow death. Lock their idiot mother away until she is too old to procreate.
Eugenics was all the rage in the US back then. Nazi Germany even used the US' eugenics programs to justify theirs. Don't muddle the contraceptive movement with the eugenics movement and attach it to abortion, it's dishonest.
Rusty

Woodstock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

When they are considered meal tickets and income upgrades, you can simply make more.
Lotty

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

Remember the Charlottesville woman that left her baby in the car to die. Well she had another one.Go figure. No job is worth my children's life.
I would have stayed home to take care of them. I can always find another job. If my boss can not understand that, then they have a problem as well.
I know times are hard and money is low, but that is no excuse for the death of your children for a job.
Being a manager I have mothers and fathers calling that they can not come to work for the lack of day care. we work it out and move on. I will never have a death on my head because I need to you come to work.

may God continue to hold those two babies in his arms. I know the mother is suffering right now, but I feel that at the moment she did what she though was right, but in the end it was dead wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlottesville Discussions

Search the Charlottesville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 2 hr Time Flys 2,549
Panhandling at Stop Lights Raises Enforcement Q... (May '13) Thu Jefferson Tea Party 135
Gov. McDonnell Says GOP Must Broaden its Base -... (Nov '12) Jul 27 swedenforever 74
UVA Medical Researchers Develop New Antibiotic Jul 25 samhan 1
Charlottesville is Happy Jul 22 Dick Hurtz 1
Review: Bellair Cleaning Services Jul 20 Harry Balls_n_Busta Nut 2
Albemarle seeks input on changing rules for rur... Jul 17 bulk 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlottesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••