Culpeper Police Officer Indicted in February Fatal Shooting - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News...

The NBC29 newsroom received the following release from the town of Culpeper. Late Tuesday, a special investigative grand jury convened in Culpeper County handed up a four count indictment against the Town of Culpeper Police Officer involved in the Feb. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Barbara Myer

Charlottesville, VA

#1 May 29, 2012
Well done. Finally.
Toy Box Command

Charlottesville, VA

#2 May 29, 2012
I never felt Culpeper would do the right thing in this case. But I am glad to see they did. There was NO excuse for this murder. The officer made some serious mistakes in judgement, and he must pay now just like an ordinary citizen would.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#3 May 29, 2012
'bout time.
Want more details!
Roger

Purcellville, VA

#4 May 29, 2012
Well where are all the posters who were on here several months ago?
You know who you are, you made claims of a police coverup, claimed the State Police would protect this Culpeper officer and stated that the Commonwealths Attorney would not seek an indictment since the CA was the son of a State Trooper.
Hope you enjoy eating crow you small minded conspiracy idiots.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#5 May 29, 2012
Roger wrote:
You know who you are, you made claims of a police coverup, claimed the State Police would protect this Culpeper officer and stated that the Commonwealths Attorney would not seek an indictment since the CA was the son of a State Trooper.
There was protest for dragging their feet with this, not arresting the officer immediately and silence that seemed like a cover up. It took to long to get here.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#6 May 29, 2012
too long
Toy Box Command

Charlottesville, VA

#7 May 29, 2012
Roger wrote:
That would be me, but...... this is one case I can recall in the last 35 or 40 years in a 50 mile radius that has not involved a coverup to some degree. This is actually a historic moment. The Grand Jury has sent the message that they are fed up with cops getting a free pass whenever they shoot and kill somebody with very little cause to back it up.
Onwidit

Purcellville, VA

#8 May 29, 2012
Barbara Myer wrote:
Well done. Finally.
Hopefully Barbara, but it's not over til the fat lady sings.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#9 May 29, 2012
Toy Box Command wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be me, but...... this is one case I can recall in the last 35 or 40 years in a 50 mile radius that has not involved a coverup to some degree. This is actually a historic moment. The Grand Jury has sent the message that they are fed up with cops getting a free pass whenever they shoot and kill somebody with very little cause to back it up.
Kudos TBC! Not many are man enough to come back and admit it when they were wrong. If there was a thumbs up 'judge it' icon; I'd give it to you.

~BZ
DOROTHY POLAND

District Heights, MD

#10 May 29, 2012
Im from Culpeper born an raised it sadden me to know that a town where everyone knowns everyone to us killing one another its really sad for both parties involved
Eville

Altavista, VA

#11 May 29, 2012
Prison for life..in Syria.
Dee Liveracne

Charlottesville, VA

#12 May 29, 2012
DOROTHY POLAND wrote:
Im from Culpeper born an raised it sadden me to know that a town where everyone knowns everyone to us killing one another its really sad for both parties involved
an yer all R related too, right?
yes

Charlottesville, VA

#13 May 29, 2012
Shifflett finally admits he's wrong about something. I'll have to save this one to my archives!
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#14 May 29, 2012
Was Daniel previously acquainted with Patricia?
reality bites

Charlottesville, VA

#15 May 29, 2012
A man with a badge and a gun is a person you want to stay away from.
Toy Box Command

Charlottesville, VA

#16 May 29, 2012
It gets much better.... mom indicted too.

http://wtop.com/120/2883010/Va-police-officer...
Jonas pepper

United States

#17 May 29, 2012
Toy Box Command wrote:
It gets much better.... mom indicted too.
http://wtop.com/120/2883010/Va-police-officer...
Good ole boy [mom]network at it again.

or should I say not the sharpest toll in the shed.
NoFriendofTyrann y

Charlottesville, VA

#18 May 29, 2012
My heart is grieved for the widower, our Country, and this man.
RoseRed

United States

#19 May 29, 2012
A special grand jury has indicted a Culpeper police officer in the fatal shooting of a woman.
Virginia State Police say 32-year-old Daniel Harmon-Wright was charged Tuesday with murder and gun charges.

Thank you grand jury and hopefully one day Mrs. Cook will RIP.
Sue

New York, NY

#20 May 29, 2012
Wow, this would make a good "LifeTime" movie!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rob Lowe Sex Offender! (Aug '10) Nov 25 Jackie 11
Protest outside Phi Kappa Psi house leads to fo... Nov 24 Lordy 1
Plans for an Ammunition and Firearms Warehouse ... Nov 21 Maracaibo 1
Defense Intelligence Agency Looking to Hire (Jan '11) Nov 20 SIXTH COLUMN 28
looking for teresa casey (Sep '12) Nov 7 sam 5
Man Arrested in Staunton Accused of Raping a Minor (Jun '13) Oct 30 There is justice 18
Traffic Flowing Again On I-64 WB Near Crozet Oct 30 mprice 1
Charlottesville Dating
Find my Match

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlottesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlottesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:42 pm PST