Holiday Festivities on the Downtown Mall - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are several events coming up in Charlottesville where kids and families can take part in holiday activities. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Christmas Festivities!!
Native

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Dec 6, 2012
C-Ville Patriot wrote:
Christmas Festivities!!
Sure sounds like CHRISTMAS! Hanukkah 2012 begins on Saturday evening but I'm pretty sure Mr. and Mrs. Clause are not part of that party! Who are the MISSES Clause? Santa's daughters? Sisters?
G Luv

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are the MISSES Clause? Santa's daughters? Sisters?
And are they dependent or independent?
G Luv

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Dec 6, 2012
But it's good to see that the "War on Christmas" season has started.
Disillusioned

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Dec 6, 2012
"There will be a chance to meet Santa Clause"

Apparently the author or spell check likes Santa Claus to include an E on the end.
thinking free

Richmond, VA

#8 Dec 6, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure sounds like CHRISTMAS! Hanukkah 2012 begins on Saturday evening but I'm pretty sure Mr. and Mrs. Clause are not part of that party! Who are the MISSES Clause? Santa's daughters? Sisters?
The Kardashians?
Um No

United States

#9 Dec 6, 2012
I'm not as familiar with the other traditions during this time of year as I am with Christmas. I see where there will be a Santa/Grinch/gingerbread house. What is the reasoning behind not just calling it Christmas festivities?
Native

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Dec 6, 2012
thinking free wrote:
<quoted text>The Kardashians?
They could be; I have never seen Santa and Misses Clause. Do you think there is a family resemblance?
lazy atheist

Reynoldsburg, OH

#11 Dec 6, 2012
Um No wrote:
I'm not as familiar with the other traditions during this time of year as I am with Christmas. I see where there will be a Santa/Grinch/gingerbread house. What is the reasoning behind not just calling it Christmas festivities?
Because not everyone celebrates Christmas.
thinking free

Richmond, VA

#12 Dec 6, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
They could be; I have never seen Santa and Misses Clause. Do you think there is a family resemblance?
No, I think Santa was playing behind the wood pile.
thinking free

Richmond, VA

#13 Dec 6, 2012
Christmas is no more than a capitalist abortion of Christs birth. Not even celebrated until the 1800's in Europe then brought over here to the world of profit and loss.
lazy atheist

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Dec 6, 2012
thinking free wrote:
Christmas is no more than a capitalist abortion of Christs birth. Not even celebrated until the 1800's in Europe then brought over here to the world of profit and loss.
There were multiple Christs?
Native

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Dec 6, 2012
lazy atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
There were multiple Christs?
no, we got the real one!
Native

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Dec 6, 2012
thinking free wrote:
Christmas is no more than a capitalist abortion of Christs birth. Not even celebrated until the 1800's in Europe then brought over here to the world of profit and loss.
Actually, the celebrations occuring in last December began about 1800 years ago but of course the reasons and methods of celebrating have evolved over the years. It can still be a nice time of year without going on a spending bender.
Native

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Dec 6, 2012
Um No wrote:
I'm not as familiar with the other traditions during this time of year as I am with Christmas. I see where there will be a Santa/Grinch/gingerbread house. What is the reasoning behind not just calling it Christmas festivities?
My thought....if you don't want to celebrate...don't, but don't try and interfere with my party and if you are celerating at this time of year and not celebrating Christmas, pray tell, exactly what are you celebrating? If you say Happy Holidays to me, I reply with Merry Christmas.
thinking free

Richmond, VA

#18 Dec 6, 2012
lazy atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
There were multiple Christs?
Well, his name was Jesus, so I'm sure there is one of those born every day in Mexico, and they can't make up their minds when he was born so who knows? Besides even if there's just one he must be psychotic, he make uo his mind if we're going to heaven or hades.
G Luv

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Dec 7, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
pray tell, exactly what are you celebrating?
I celebrating whatever I want to celebrate.
sure

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Dec 7, 2012
G Luv wrote:
<quoted text>
I celebrating whatever I want to celebrate.
That's allowed. I did not intend for there to be long line of dots in my statement. The intent was; if you are celebrating at this time of year with decorations, gifts, a tree, a Crèche display, but not calling it Christmas, then what are you calling it?
G Luv

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Dec 7, 2012
sure wrote:
<quoted text>
That's allowed. I did not intend for there to be long line of dots in my statement. The intent was; if you are celebrating at this time of year with decorations, gifts, a tree, a Crèche display, but not calling it Christmas, then what are you calling it?
And I'm telling you it's not your job to approve or disapprove of what I call it. You should have learned that in church at some point.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Dec 7, 2012
G Luv wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm telling you it's not your job to approve or disapprove of what I call it. You should have learned that in church at some point.
Churches are about obedience, towing the line and the subjugation of women, least of which is learning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massive Spike In Whites Setting Blacks On Fire Dec 15 Jennylou777 1
How to... Dec 14 True Blue Local 1
99 Baboon Syndicate Dec 9 KarlsonKendrickKyle 1
Friend of alleged UVA rape victim: Story is no ... Dec 8 Ipso Facto 1
Protest outside Phi Kappa Psi house leads to fo... Dec 6 Lordy 5
Rolling Stone Story Dec 5 bulk 1
Rob Lowe Sex Offender! (Aug '10) Dec 5 bulk 13
Charlottesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlottesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlottesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:24 pm PST