2 UVA Football Players Out for Rest of Season

There are 10 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Sep 21, 2009, titled 2 UVA Football Players Out for Rest of Season. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

UVA Head Football Coach Al Groh's offense showed signs of life this weekend but the end-result was still the same.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Realist

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Sep 21, 2009
I'm out of toilet paper...oh wait, my season tickets
grohn

Richmond, VA

#2 Sep 21, 2009
al has got to be fired after this year. uva is a laughing stock..take it from someone who follows a team not in the acc..i have no beef with them personally. its a joke in charlottesville..groh equals joke...
every day joe

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Sep 22, 2009
THE HOOS WILL COME BACK !!!!
THIS YEAR !!
GO HOOS //
Good luck

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Sep 22, 2009
I would like to take the high road and wish these two young men speedy recoveries. I'll save my opinon about the coaching staff to another time.
walose

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Sep 22, 2009
Now,if only the whole cadavalier team were out for the rest of the season!

Since: Jun 09

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Sep 22, 2009
walose wrote:
Now,if only the whole cadavalier team were out for the rest of the season!
That's totally uncalled for and to wish injury on the other players is outrageous! Nothing wrong with rivalries but this is beyond that. Obviously you have no shame, but you know what they say about karma. Never wish harm to someone else or you may be looking at it happening to someone close to you.
Realist

Bassett, VA

#7 Sep 22, 2009
HOO FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's totally uncalled for and to wish injury on the other players is outrageous! Nothing wrong with rivalries but this is beyond that. Obviously you have no shame, but you know what they say about karma. Never wish harm to someone else or you may be looking at it happening to someone close to you.
It's karma that got UVA into this position in the first place. They've screwed the loyal fans and have branded themselves as a "premier" football team without any supporting evidence and look at what has happened...couldn't have happened to a better school.

Since: Jun 09

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Sep 22, 2009
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>It's karma that got UVA into this position in the first place. They've screwed the loyal fans and have branded themselves as a "premier" football team without any supporting evidence and look at what has happened...couldn't have happened to a better school.
I agree the fans have been screwed. I WAS one of those season ticket holders for over 10 years. I still whole heartedly support the team, but no one should wish ill on the players. The blame should be placed primarily on the couching staff and the athletic department.
I have a problem with anyone wishing bad things to happen to anyone and especially over a sport.
Bowl Bound

Wytheville, VA

#10 Sep 23, 2009
UVa is going to go to a bowl.

SWIIIIISH!!!
RLM

United States

#11 Oct 19, 2009
Wow, Wasn't it the year before last they won 9 games and were this close to winning their bowl game? Injuries and a QB by commitee approach cost us at least 2 of the games we lost. If Sewell and Simpson are healthy the rest of the year (which I doubt) we are real ACC conteders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teen guilty of video charge (Sep '06) 5 hr Kim P 2
Shenandoah Acres???? (Jun '06) May 11 BipolarBear 281
Regal Theatre Against Military May 11 Regal Against Mil... 1
News Goochland Animal Rescuer Charged with Animal Cr... (Apr '13) May 4 The Sock 5
john know Apr 22 mama bear 1
yall niggdddasd is fakkkddkkeee Apr '15 Rick James 2
News Journalism school to release review of Rolling ... Apr '15 Finished being nice 7
More from around the web

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]