Thousands Exercise Gun Rights at Western Virginia Sports Show

Thousands of gun owners, buyers and sellers came out to exercise their gun rights at the Western Virginia Sports Show in Fishersville Saturday. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Little Too Loud

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 23, 2013
Western Virginia Sports Show is not a Gun Show! This was a very poor report of the event. There were very few guns for sale; however, many vendors selling hunting gear, firearms safes, paintings and limited edition prints, antler art; there was a fishing tank for small children, and live grizzly bear show for the family. Yes, thousands attended, and most probably support the right to own firearms, but this was not a gun rights rally! Please report the entire story, or don't report at all.
HIM

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 23, 2013
"I like to think that my children and my grandchildren will grow up in a safe country, they won't have to worry about safety, and I think the proliferation of guns is just going to make it a very scary scene in our country," she said.
His wife should have married a man! Must be from a northern state!
StatesUnited

Palmyra, VA

#3 Feb 23, 2013
The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. The name speaks for itself. The STATES must unite in a forum OTHER THAN the federal government. The ENTIRE current federal government needs to be thrown out, either with or without force, their choice. THE STATES must then pick up the pieces and institute reform.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 24, 2013
Ya'll keepon git'n ripped off now, hear?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 24, 2013
y'all
Countrygirl

Rocky Mount, VA

#6 Feb 24, 2013
Little Too Loud wrote:
Western Virginia Sports Show is not a Gun Show! This was a very poor report of the event. There were very few guns for sale; however, many vendors selling hunting gear, firearms safes, paintings and limited edition prints, antler art; there was a fishing tank for small children, and live grizzly bear show for the family. Yes, thousands attended, and most probably support the right to own firearms, but this was not a gun rights rally! Please report the entire story, or don't report at all.
I attended the show also. The reporter came to us, it was very obvious she was out of her element there. She had no clue about the celebrity guests or any of her surroundings. She ask us would we like to be on camera to rant and rave about the president's gun control. The reporter tried to stir up a topic that wasn't relevent to us being there. I'm not anti nbc 29 but this time the reporter did not do herself or the show justice.
I live here

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Feb 24, 2013
The actual Gun Show this weekend is in Harrisonburg!!
Fair and Balanced

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Feb 24, 2013
This news report's sole purpose was to inflame the extremes. The headline gave no clue that there were two different events mentioned in the body of the report, with two different views:
"But like I said, if Congress don't get their heads together and the president doesn't get his head together we're going to have a revolutionary war in this country." (Treasonous?)
"I like to think that my children and my grandchildren will grow up in a safe country, they won't have to worry about safety, and I think the proliferation of guns is just going to make it a very scary scene in our country," (Legitimate concern)
citizen

Farmville, VA

#10 Feb 24, 2013
Fair and Balanced wrote:
This news report's sole purpose was to inflame the extremes. The headline gave no clue that there were two different events mentioned in the body of the report, with two different views:
"But like I said, if Congress don't get their heads together and the president doesn't get his head together we're going to have a revolutionary war in this country." (Treasonous?)
"I like to think that my children and my grandchildren will grow up in a safe country, they won't have to worry about safety, and I think the proliferation of guns is just going to make it a very scary scene in our country," (Legitimate concern)
No, scary is when a couple of free range libocrats kick your front door off it's hinges and the police are very busy elsewhere. Take a good look at the local court websites and ask yourself how safe the world of today is for your family!

Even Senator Feinstein proudly said she carries a gun for self protection. Figure it out or else avoid downtown Charlottesville entirely--especially the mall.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#11 Feb 24, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, scary is when a couple of free range libocrats kick your front door off it's hinges and the police are very busy elsewhere. Take a good look at the local court websites and ask yourself how safe the world of today is for your family!
Even Senator Feinstein proudly said she carries a gun for self protection. Figure it out or else avoid downtown Charlottesville entirely--especially the mall.
This is a very telling and insightful look into your psyche. I can't imagine what you'd be like in a city where crime really was rampant. Lock the doors, baracade yourself in... they're coming for you.
Red Dawn

Farmville, VA

#12 Feb 24, 2013
Countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> I attended the show also. The reporter came to us, it was very obvious she was out of her element there. She had no clue about the celebrity guests or any of her surroundings. She ask us would we like to be on camera to rant and rave about the president's gun control. The reporter tried to stir up a topic that wasn't relevent to us being there. I'm not anti nbc 29 but this time the reporter did not do herself or the show justice.
The liberal media is the true enemy. Not a peep out of them after the gun bill was defeated but up until that it was the hottest thing for the traitorous commentators and spin doctors to rave on. Nobody beats American media when it comes to flaming or trolling in the name of Goebbelsesque reporting.

These gun bill baby steps have betrayed the real long term agenda. The first PC wannabe Reich will have a real fight on it's hands.
Cville Patriot

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Feb 24, 2013
Red Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal media is the true enemy. Not a peep out of them after the gun bill was defeated but up until that it was the hottest thing for the traitorous commentators and spin doctors to rave on. Nobody beats American media when it comes to flaming or trolling in the name of Goebbelsesque reporting.
These gun bill baby steps have betrayed the real long term agenda. The first PC wannabe Reich will have a real fight on it's hands.
*Yawn*

I remember my first conspiracy theory.
free

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Feb 24, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment...

main reason is deter tryannical government!

Since: Oct 10

Palmyra, VA

#15 Feb 24, 2013
Good job reporter lady at not having a single clue what this event was about. I think she heard that some guns would be there and decided to see if she could get some looney comments from anyone in attendance. Sorry NBC29, but this was the lamest story I've seen in quite a while.
Davedude

Scottsville, VA

#16 Feb 24, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>This is a very telling and insightful look into your psyche. I can't imagine what you'd be like in a city where crime really was rampant. Lock the doors, baracade yourself in... they're coming for you.
For real!! All these gun nuts bragging about how they'd shoot this, shoot that, take down a shooter, make us all safer, etc...blah, blah, blah.........BLAH BLAH! Where are all these gun toting, crime preventing, super gunslingers when you need them? It seems that the world is full of all kinds of crime that their firearms can supposedly prevent and solve, so why aren't we seeing stories every day in the news of bad guys being taken down by the soccer mom with her AR-STUPID assault rifle? With all these guns out there one would think that at least once in while we'd hear of a good outcome with guns involved.
Seems like it's more Yosemite Sam posturing than actual substance
Liber Al

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Feb 24, 2013
The Second Amendment needs to be repealed. Only the criminal element should be armed. We as a civil society have the right to be preyed upon by those who have had less chance to succeed, because of the greed of the corporations.

Eric Holder and our true lord and savior, Obama know what is best for our country. The border patrol agent who was killed by those firearms gained under the Fast and Furious plan, is a prime example that the only good comes when criminals are allowed to have firearms.

May Obama bless you all!!!
RandomThaughts

Waynesboro, VA

#20 Feb 24, 2013
The persons responsible for starting this knee jerk reaction and HISTORIC arming of America as usual is by limp wristed moonbat liberals.

As a realist, I have a hard time dissagreeing with many things liberals take the time to slow down and communicate about.

Not too much anymore..... you cannot communicate with a well educated street stupid Liberal.

We will keep piling dead bodies up .. The Liberals hands are convered in BLOOD trying to wrap laws around human behavior .

It can't be done... and the liberals know it , they just thought they would keep on keep on the Obama supertrain.

Gun grabbing has torn the wheels off the Obama train .

and the Liberals know it ....The entire liberal insanity train need to be sent over a cliff.

Liberals OWN CHICAGO.... Thye want this area to look the same.
Fair and Balanced

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Feb 24, 2013
Liber Al wrote:
The Second Amendment needs to be repealed. Only the criminal element should be armed. We as a civil society have the right to be preyed upon by those who have had less chance to succeed, because of the greed of the corporations.
Eric Holder and our true lord and savior, Obama know what is best for our country. The border patrol agent who was killed by those firearms gained under the Fast and Furious plan, is a prime example that the only good comes when criminals are allowed to have firearms.
May Obama bless you all!!!
This is a great example of the extremes I was talking about in my other post: We have extreme liberals advocating repealing the 2nd amendment, and we have extreme cons like this and the fellow in the article warning of "revolutionary war". Most of us are in the middle trying to live rational, reasonable lives. Nobody's going to take away our guns and nobody's "allowing" criminals to have firearms. The proposed reform by the president is supported by most citizens.
RandomThaughts

Waynesboro, VA

#22 Feb 24, 2013
Fair and Balanced wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a great example of the extremes I was talking about in my other post: We have extreme liberals advocating repealing the 2nd amendment, and we have extreme cons like this and the fellow in the article warning of "revolutionary war". Most of us are in the middle trying to live rational, reasonable lives. Nobody's going to take away our guns and nobody's "allowing" criminals to have firearms. The proposed reform by the president is supported by most citizens.
This is about the rights of 300 million people being trampled for what a few monsters do .

You keep screaming Majority rules.

I will head to the Rutherford inst with about 10k and see how we can get started putting SLAVERY back on the ballot . Liberal gun grabbers back in CHAINS FIRST !

I the only Majority rule I trust is a JURY . I HAVE FAITH IN THE JURY.

When you come after my rights you are and EXTREMIST ... and you will be treated as such.

I will not allow YOU to place your quilt of yet ANOTHER FAILED law that allowed Adam Lanza to slaughter children .... You may as well have held the door for him because you care nothing about stoping the Monsters.

You just want YOUR WAY
2A supporter

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Feb 24, 2013
Cville Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
*Yawn*
I remember my first conspiracy theory.
If you don't believe that the Obama administration is out to get your guns, read this:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/...

Now I know that you are going to say that this is a bit of fear-mongering from the NRA because the Justice Dept denies that the real agenda is to take away your guns, but that is just more of Obama denying, denying, denying everything right up until the moment that he signs the executive order, just like so many other things he has done. He said that Obamacare would let you keep your health plan - lie! Said that you could keep your current doctor - another lie! Major employers are laying people off because they can't afford the provisions of Obamacare. How does that translate into keeping your healthplan and you doctor? This guy will say anything to get what he wants. He is the least transparent of any president in our history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friends & Supporters of Jesse Matthew Start Leg... Tue equalizer76 3
I'm horny as hell Oct 10 Forever_Angel 1
Waynesboro Police Investigate Fishburne Militar... (Oct '12) Oct 8 Ringer 26
Missing UVA Student Oct 6 WingMan 15
Voices: Hannah Graham. It could have been us. Oct 2 William 2
Suspect in Hannah Graham Disappearance Tied to ... Oct 1 Max 3
Missing Persons Case Has a Few Twists (Jun '13) Oct 1 Heatherstamper 5
Charlottesville Dating
Find my Match

Charlottesville Jobs