UVA: Students Denied Access to Meeting Due to Lack of Seating - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA Ne...

A group of University of Virginia students is fired up after being denied access to the UVA Board of Visitors meeting on Thursday. Full Story
Government

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Nov 9, 2012
Hasn't the Obama administration proven that government will do as they damn well please? This concept is trickling down to state, city and county government. And there's not a damn thing any Hoo group can do about it.
Obamarules

Washington, DC

#2 Nov 9, 2012
Government wrote:
Hasn't the Obama administration proven that government will do as they damn well please? This concept is trickling down to state, city and county government. And there's not a damn thing any Hoo group can do about it.
Time to get over the election and maybe stay on topic there dude. We can only hope that Obama does keep doing what he damn well pleases in order to continue digging us out of W's 8 years of catering to the rich pigs and causing 85% of the deficit. Yes...85%. Do a little research and learn why. Like it or not...Obama saved this country from financial ruin.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Nov 9, 2012
Obamarules wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to get over the election and maybe stay on topic there dude. We can only hope that Obama does keep doing what he damn well pleases in order to continue digging us out of W's 8 years of catering to the rich pigs and causing 85% of the deficit. Yes...85%. Do a little research and learn why. Like it or not...Obama saved this country from financial ruin.
Good thing you posted this after the election, the right wing neaderthals here would have jumped all over this.
Government

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Nov 9, 2012
I was on topic. Read my reply again, slowly. Use your reading finger if necessary.

But since you went off topic moreso, I can hardly wait unti November, 2016. People will have finally woken up too late and realize the man has us in debt $22 to $25 trillion dollars. We're already at $16.25 trillion right now. There's no way to turn back at that time. 75% of the population will be on food stamps and entitlement programs by the time our borrowing power evaporates, as opposed to the 49% right now. The USA as we know it will no longer exist.

I hope we can have another nice little chat shortly before the 2016 presidential election.:)
cville citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Nov 9, 2012
The point of this story is that a group of students were exercising their first amendment right of free speech and to assemble and go to the seat of governance to seek redress of their grievances. They were denied on the flimsiest of excuses by UVA minions using the plantation-mentality that exists there.

TO be threatened with expulsion? Wonder what TJ would think of that?
sunny

Ferrum, VA

#7 Nov 10, 2012
Aaaaaaand UVa bungles another one. Add it to the list. There is no reason - legal, fire-hazard, or otherwise - why those students couldn't have attended the meeting. The pictures of police blocking access and threatening students with expulsion will just do wonders for UVa's already questionable reputation. Good job, UVa!
Animal advocate

Bronx, NY

#8 Nov 10, 2012
My my.....sounds like the Vietnam era all over again....organized protest anyone?
bss

Hardy, VA

#9 Nov 10, 2012
not enough seating? give me a break...i think there are some chairs somewhere in the vicinity....go grab some
who cares

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Nov 10, 2012
who cares about some uva meeting and about some students being denied access...is this really news? wow....
still living

Hillsville, VA

#12 Nov 10, 2012
who cares wrote:
who cares about some uva meeting and about some students being denied access...is this really news? wow....
All UVA employees, teachers, students, and prospective students should take an interest in the decision making process of their school administration. Particularly when that process is governed by a board of lawyers and bankers who have minimal connection to and interest in the current students, were unilaterally appointed by an equally disinterested and highly partisan governor, and who have already been caught in questionably policy actions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing UVA Student 5 hr The Truth 14
Voices: Hannah Graham. It could have been us. 21 hr William 1
Suspect in Hannah Graham Disappearance Tied to ... Tue sexual assault vi... 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Tue gwsbadass 1,360
Friends & Supporters of Jesse Matthew Start Leg... Mon Max 2
With suspect back in Virginia, search team with... Sun vabrowneyes 2
Volunteers Needed to Help Search for Hannah Graham Sep 27 WingMan 3

Charlottesville Jobs

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlottesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlottesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]