Car Club Drivers Facing Fines for Wil...

Car Club Drivers Facing Fines for Wild Driving through Augusta - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA N...

There are 36 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Nov 11, 2012, titled Car Club Drivers Facing Fines for Wild Driving through Augusta - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA N.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

More than a dozen drivers from a Washington D.C. area car club are facing possible fines for reported wild driving through Augusta County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Nov 12, 2012
G Luv wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh. Giving a statement doesn't take much time. Enough statements and there's no hope of contesting the charges. Do your civic duty, people.
Yep; judges often say things like; "Read me all those statements from the anonymous third party witnesses and I'll announce my verdict. No need to subpoena the witnesses and waste their time."

No defense attorney would even think about objecting to that.
Waste of Time

Cumming, GA

#24 Nov 12, 2012
Exactly, Gordo! And to add to what you have said, the majority of people calling 911 and reporting these reckless drivers probably weren't even identified. And if they happen to live 50 or 100 miles from the courthouse, they will not want to return to court on NUMEROUS DAYS days to testify to what they observed in all 15 seperate and distinct drivers/charges.

In 98% of the occasions when I have reported anything to the local dispatch center in Charlottesville and Albemarle County over the last 40 years, the call is dispatched as "caller refused" to leave his name or number.
G Luv

Marietta, GA

#25 Nov 12, 2012
CvilleGordo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep; judges often say things like; "Read me all those statements from the anonymous third party witnesses and I'll announce my verdict. No need to subpoena the witnesses and waste their time."
No defense attorney would even think about objecting to that.
Yeah. Because that's what I meant.

:facepalm:
G Luv

Marietta, GA

#26 Nov 12, 2012
Waste of Time wrote:
Exactly, Gordo! And to add to what you have said, the majority of people calling 911 and reporting these reckless drivers probably weren't even identified. And if they happen to live 50 or 100 miles from the courthouse, they will not want to return to court on NUMEROUS DAYS days to testify to what they observed in all 15 seperate and distinct drivers/charges.
In 98% of the occasions when I have reported anything to the local dispatch center in Charlottesville and Albemarle County over the last 40 years, the call is dispatched as "caller refused" to leave his name or number.
I'm beginning to think you have a reason to downplay this incident. What are you driving these days?
Waste of Time

Cumming, GA

#27 Nov 12, 2012
G Luv wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you driving these days?
Qualify your question please. Last month, this month, or next month?
yamaha man

Champlin, MN

#28 Nov 12, 2012
i saw all there toys loaded up on the rollbacks, cant figure out why the lambo was being driven and not towed
cvillegordo

United States

#29 Nov 12, 2012
yamaha man wrote:
i saw all there toys loaded up on the rollbacks, cant figure out why the lambo was being driven and not towed
What color was the lambo?
Waste of Time

Cumming, GA

#31 Nov 12, 2012
yamaha man wrote:
Possible high dollar damage possible. See this link....

http://jalopnik.com/5959896/virginia-police-i...
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#32 Nov 12, 2012
If the cops didn't witness anything where's the beef? Lawyers will have a field day.
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#33 Nov 13, 2012
heh wrote:
Should be fined for reckless squandering of petrol.
So you want to fine NASCAR racers?
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#34 Nov 13, 2012
Waste of Time wrote:
Why would anybody volunteer any information? They will get a subpoena to court resulting in their having to take off from work. Pretty much a waste of an entire day. Once in court, an attorney(s) has shown up with the suspects and asks for a continuation. So any witness would now have to take off a second day from work to attend. If the cases for each suspect are set for different days, a witness could end up with numerous subpoenas to court and end up getting fired for taking off so much time from work. And none of this includes any appeal that might be filed if the suspects are convicted in General District Court.
Because it is your civic duty and moral obligation to do so. Or do you not know what those are?
Dude

The Plains, VA

#35 Nov 13, 2012
buyerbeware wrote:
<quoted text>Because it is your civic duty and moral obligation to do so. Or do you not know what those are?
WOW, you are perverse, officer buyerbeware. Civic duty is keeping you honest, and preventing your militarization at all costs, office "I hate liberty." You are perhaps the most disgusting of all police, you espouse liberty, but promote the militarization of police.
Dude

The Plains, VA

#36 Nov 13, 2012
buyerbeware wrote:
<quoted text>Because it is your civic duty and moral obligation to do so. Or do you not know what those are?
You would have Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and Patrick Henry swinging from the birch... you disgust me. Never pretend you're anything but a strong arm henchman of government bidding. BIG GOVERNMENT TO PROTECT US FROM EVERYTHING, INCLUDING OURSELVES.
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#37 Nov 13, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You would have Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and Patrick Henry swinging from the birch... you disgust me. Never pretend you're anything but a strong arm henchman of government bidding. BIG GOVERNMENT TO PROTECT US FROM EVERYTHING, INCLUDING OURSELVES.
BIG GOVERNMENT, kind of like Obamacare, et al? Again, touched a nerve, did we?
Good Job

Charlottesville, VA

#38 Nov 13, 2012
I travel through there a lot taking pics to get AWAY from urban fools. I say GOOD for them. And by the way, a Trooper CAN tow a car for damn near any equipment violation they see fit until that violation is fixed. If they were actually racing, the car CAN be seized. And I really don't think law enforcement there is going to give a damn either what WVIR has to investigate or say about it nor should they. That's what judges are for.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#39 Dec 29, 2012
"Augusta County Sheriff’s Deputy Trevor Ross said his radio crackled about 10:40 a.m. Nov. 11. It was a quiet Sunday, and he was out on patrol in the area of Staunton, the county seat about three hours southwest of Washington.

“Any units in the area of 262 and Lee Highway,” he recalled the dispatcher saying.“Report of vehicles driving recklessly.”

Ross was off. Soon after, the dispatcher reported that the drivers got off on Highway 250. Ross said he thought,“I can catch them.” He flipped on his lights and sirens and picked up the pace.

Highway 250 runs up Shenandoah Mountain, where the road bunches into sharp curves. Ross said he would need to reach them by the mountain’s 3,000-foot crest or risk the drivers escaping into neighboring Highland County. It would be close.

Somewhere up ahead, police say, Worles was speeding along in a black BMW M3, while Arash Dashtaray, the executive at Dash Motors in Manassas, was in another vehicle in the pack. Neither would comment for this article.

The type of driving seen that Sunday is common in the Mischief Web videos and DVDs, which they claim have sold hundreds of thousands of copies since the series launched in 2002."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/str...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey detective Randy Snead they better detective... (Feb '16) Wed DPalmer 12
News Catholic Monastery Coming to Charlottesville? (May '10) Sep 15 Doubleamoms 20
News The First Family Sep 3 Michael 13
News 5 Secrets of Women with Always-Perfect Hair Aug '16 Stephany McDowell 1
Rob Lowe Sex Offender! (Aug '10) Aug '16 Vickie 16
News Khans blame Donald Trump for growing intoleranc... Aug '16 Palin s Turkey Th... 3
khizr kahn Jul '16 pissed off 4

Charlottesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlottesville Mortgages