Bates Strikes Twice to Upset No. 23 High Point - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and ...

The UVA Men's soccer team took down No. 23 High Point 2-1 at Klockner Stadium Tuesday. Full Story
Charles

Greensboro, NC

#1 Oct 10, 2012
Congratulations to the Hoos! Watching the replay, however, I have to say that seems like a poor call on the penalty and a regrettable way to decide a well-played match, especially in the 88th minute. UVa's striker drilled a ball directly at the High Point defender at close range who, if anything, appears to be attempting to withdraw his arm, not extend it. In my opinion, inadvertent contact would seem to have been the proper call, especially as the play occurred in the closing moments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing UVA Student 17 hr Absconder of inte... 2
Missing Persons Case Has a Few Twists (Jun '13) 23 hr dude 4
Volunteers Needed to Help Search for Hannah Graham 23 hr DAD 2
Augusta Man Faces Felony Sex Charges - NBC29 WV... (Nov '12) Sep 16 Anonymous A 5
Robert A. Cason and his child victim (Oct '09) Sep 16 Anonymous A 7
Shenandoah Acres???? (Jun '06) Sep 14 Don 280
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
•••
•••
•••

Charlottesville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charlottesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlottesville