Hurt Re-Elected in 5th District Congr...

Hurt Re-Elected in 5th District Congressional Race - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports ...

There are 12 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Nov 6, 2012, titled Hurt Re-Elected in 5th District Congressional Race - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports .... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Republican representative celebrated his victory over Democrat John Douglass in his hometown of Chatham Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Tired of it

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Nov 7, 2012
All along I have thought that Mr. Hurt, for all of his rhetoric, is actually the enemy of the american people. He has always appeared to be the most dangerous type - someone that truly believes his own "religion" (and by that I mean his politics rather than whatever most might call religion). I do know from direct experience that he has not, in the past, been even slightly interested in the ideas or analyses or judgments of his own constituents - unless they already fit with what he "agrees" with. He went to washington to represent his own beliefs, not to represent the 5th districts. Go ahead and send him some criticism. That's basically what he will tell you - he's not interested in representing the district.

That said, if Mr. Hurt is willing to now take his entire constituency more seriously then I'm willing to take him more seriously. But he has the pulpit and has to make the first move. I'm just a voice in the wilderness.
cvillerealist

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Nov 7, 2012
throughout the campaign i couldn't figure out why Douglass just talked about uranium mining- yes, it may be an issue, but i never heard anything else from his campaign. there are whole areas of 29N and Rio rd and other areas where businesses are shuttered. He never talked about how he would bring jobs back and help the people who have fallen into poverty in the last few years- particularly in the City of Charlottesville. It was a weird campaign from him. He strikes me as a very angry person. We need people that are calm and even tempered and can tackle the major issues we face.
Jim

Morrow, GA

#3 Nov 7, 2012
cvillerealist wrote:
throughout the campaign i couldn't figure out why Douglass just talked about uranium mining- yes, it may be an issue, but i never heard anything else from his campaign. there are whole areas of 29N and Rio rd and other areas where businesses are shuttered. He never talked about how he would bring jobs back and help the people who have fallen into poverty in the last few years- particularly in the City of Charlottesville. It was a weird campaign from him. He strikes me as a very angry person. We need people that are calm and even tempered and can tackle the major issues we face.
I think his strategy was to try and pickup votes from the Southside where unranium mining is an issue. I think most people, like mtself, got really sick of hearing it over and over again with no mentiion of any real issues of interest in the 5th disctrict.
god-fearer

Palmyra, VA

#6 Nov 7, 2012
Now Mr Hurt should decide if he aligns with the image of Republicans that has emerged: anti-immigrant, gay hating, race-baiting, ideologues who care little about any one or any family or any community that doesn't fit the social, religious, and cultural requirements of liberty-oppressing elites. Or, aligns with pragmatic, practical, open minded,'get the job done' Republicans. Wonder what he'll do?
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Nov 7, 2012
Mitt did loose wrote:
<quoted text>And libtards get to ignore you posts.
and the rest of us will try to overlook YOUr deplorable typing ...

Hurt's re-election is the only bright light in the disaster that was yesterday. Welcome to the UCSA (United Communist States of America).
laughable

Fincastle, VA

#8 Nov 7, 2012
I got to meet with General Douglass and speak with him directly. If you thought all his campaign was about was uranium mining, then I suggest you weren't taking the time to listen. He has dynamic ideas about employing returning veterans, supporting education, balancing the budget, alternative energy, ending bipartisan gridlock, and democratic inclusion. I'm honored that Albemarle County prevailed for him.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Nov 7, 2012
god-fearer wrote:
Now Mr Hurt should decide if he aligns with the image of Republicans that has emerged: anti-immigrant, gay hating, race-baiting, ideologues who care little about any one or any family or any community that doesn't fit the social, religious, and cultural requirements of liberty-oppressing elites. Or, aligns with pragmatic, practical, open minded,'get the job done' Republicans. Wonder what he'll do?
If he wants to stay in office he better wise up as a lot of other politicians found out last night.
Tired of it

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Nov 7, 2012
Gru wrote:
<quoted text> [edited stuff] Welcome to the UCSA (United Communist States of America).
Ok - see. That is simply unproductive. If you truly have some "vision" of some country that you would profess to love if it was what you wanted it to be, then talk about that in an engaged way with your fellow citizens. Tossing around this completely ridiculous right-wing nut stuff IS the problem. It has no bearing whatsoever on reality and continually renews the poison in the water. So I guess I'd just say grow up or shut up.
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Nov 7, 2012
laughable wrote:
I got to meet with General Douglass and speak with him directly. If you thought all his campaign was about was uranium mining, then I suggest you weren't taking the time to listen. He has dynamic ideas about employing returning veterans, supporting education, balancing the budget, alternative energy, ending bipartisan gridlock, and democratic inclusion. I'm honored that Albemarle County prevailed for him.
Perhaps there is an opening for dog catcher in Albemarle County.
Mitt did loose

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Nov 7, 2012
Gru wrote:
<quoted text> and the rest of us will try to overlook YOUr deplorable typing ...
Hurt's re-election is the only bright light in the disaster that was yesterday. Welcome to the UCSA (United Communist States of America).
Hurt won't last, he'll be there for one term untill we can get more Latinos here to dump his arse.
laughable

Fairfield, VA

#13 Nov 8, 2012
Your correct that Hurt won't last. One more term and he'll leave to go rake in bigger money.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Nov 8, 2012
Tired of it wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok - see. That is simply unproductive. If you truly have some "vision" of some country that you would profess to love if it was what you wanted it to be, then talk about that in an engaged way with your fellow citizens. Tossing around this completely ridiculous right-wing nut stuff IS the problem. It has no bearing whatsoever on reality and continually renews the poison in the water. So I guess I'd just say grow up or shut up.
Agreed, but you need to tell that to Insanity and ORiely(however you spell it), and all the other race baiters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ku,klux,klan visit Jul 22 White Working ... 19
What should I do (Aug '15) Jul 20 George 2
truth Jul 20 George 1
restraining order on Trump Jul 20 George 1
Bus Drivers Not Respected Jul 20 George 3
Wes Bellamy is a Homophobe, sexist, racist crim... Jul 15 totallydisgusted 3
Vote For Trump (Feb '16) Jul 14 totallydisgusted 16

Charlottesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlottesville Mortgages