Charlottesville Woman Arrested for Em...

Charlottesville Woman Arrested for Embezzlement - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and...

There are 66 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Charlottesville Woman Arrested for Embezzlement - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Albemarle County Police Department has arrested Mary P. Anderson and indicted her on one count of embezzlement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JL GotRocks

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Dec 17, 2012
Embezzlement seems to be on the rise.
George

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Dec 17, 2012
That is just wrong....
typical

Cleveland, OH

#3 Dec 17, 2012
awesome - thanks for stealing from schools. Those kids didn't need that money.
Liberalace

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Dec 17, 2012
Wow, check out a super article on Mary Anderson from the January 4, 2009 Daily Progress. Speaks of her in glowing terms; I feel bad for the school director, who raves about her in this article.

True irony: people who are regarded as skilled in mental care being swindled by a person they work with every day.

As for embezzlement on the rise, these crimes happened over a year ago, when she was employed at Lafayette.

R.I.P.: Will Sampson

“bad luck or no luck”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#5 Dec 17, 2012
Liberalace,
can you paste the article from the Jan. 4th article?

JOJO
Mom of former student

Palmyra, VA

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Mary is a wonderful, wonderful person who is a loving and gifted woman and mother. Obviously, she took a wrong turn at some point in her life, something we all do or are tempted to do to one degree or another. I only have wonderful memories of how she nurtured my child during a very painful time in our lives. By the grace of God we all go.
Albemarle Native

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Dec 17, 2012
Let's see how much time she gets for this. Why do those who embezzle seem to get off with a slap on the wrist. In my mind stealing 27k from those who trust you is worse that robbing a bank for the same amount. She should get the same amount of time as a bank robber.

But she won't.
KaBoom

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Dec 17, 2012
Albemarle Native wrote:
Let's see how much time she gets for this. Why do those who embezzle seem to get off with a slap on the wrist. In my mind stealing 27k from those who trust you is worse that robbing a bank for the same amount. She should get the same amount of time as a bank robber.
But she won't.
A bank robbery usually involves the display of a firearm and the potential for serious injury or loss of life. It's quite a bit more serious than stealing money while threatening nobody.
Really

Stanardsville, VA

#9 Dec 17, 2012
Dig deeper!
Sick

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Dec 17, 2012
Mom of former student wrote:
Mary is a wonderful, wonderful person who is a loving and gifted woman and mother. Obviously, she took a wrong turn at some point in her life, something we all do or are tempted to do to one degree or another. I only have wonderful memories of how she nurtured my child during a very painful time in our lives. By the grace of God we all go.
If we fall for every temptation that comes our way, what a wonderful world this would be. Call a spade a spade, she is a common theif that stole from kids. Dispictable! She is will probably only get probation here though.
Wondering

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Dec 17, 2012
JL GotRocks wrote:
Embezzlement seems to be on the rise.
It sure seems to be. Just had another case in Albemarle Courts on Dec 13th. A dentist was having funds stolen by a trusted employee. I guess some can't resist the temptation when it's presented...
onlythrtruth

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Dec 17, 2012
I know Mary.
She had struggled with many things from childhood that many know none about.
I pray this is not true, the Mary I knew had a heart of gold, and is compassionate and loving.

What has happenned to her? I do not know. But I do pray for her children and family.

God Bless all of them.
Sarg

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Dec 17, 2012
More likely, a suspended sentence, and pay-back at about $20 a month. The courts do not seem to take embezzlement very seriously; maybe they expect employers to "vet" their own employees more carefully, and also to look after their money more regularly.
Really Too

Buena Vista, VA

#14 Dec 17, 2012
Yea, she's gifted alright! Gifted with an extra $27,000.
JL GotRocks

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Dec 17, 2012
Thieves are thieves.
Really Too

Buena Vista, VA

#16 Dec 17, 2012
If $27,000 over 3 years caused layoffs this place is running on a shoe string and have more problems than Mary. What else is going on here?
Somebody Had to Say It

Woodbridge, VA

#17 Dec 17, 2012
Sorry, can't agree. If she had stolen a few dollars to buy food with or keep the electricity on...I could have perhaps at least understood. BUT 27,000 DOLLARS! Greed is not "taking a wrong turn".
thinking free

Wirtz, VA

#18 Dec 17, 2012
Liberals are crooks, anyone surprised?
WOW

Buena Vista, VA

#19 Dec 17, 2012
Really Too wrote:
If $27,000 over 3 years caused layoffs this place is running on a shoe string and have more problems than Mary. What else is going on here?
Bingo!
Jerry

United States

#20 Dec 17, 2012
MAry needs about 10 years in time out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Local Painter Finishes Mural at Starr Hill Jul 21 steve pritt 1
News UVa Police ask Community to be Alert after Arme... Jul 13 Wasunwillingclock 1
News 19-Year-Old Arrested on Rape, Other Charges (Jan '13) Jul 9 chikis bonilla 22
Fluvanna Teachers Rally Around New Principal wi... (Aug '13) Jul 6 Just Moved In 5
News Fluvanna Parents Petition Supervisors for Schoo... (Mar '13) Jul 6 Just Moved In 73
tutors in Fishersville Va Jun '15 Ashbell 1
News Teen guilty of video charge (Sep '06) May '15 Kim P 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlottesville Mortgages