Virginia Organizing Holds Forum on Ma...

Virginia Organizing Holds Forum on Mary Baldwin's Looming Fiscal - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA...

There are 11 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Dec 4, 2012, titled Virginia Organizing Holds Forum on Mary Baldwin's Looming Fiscal - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Virginia Organizing held a fiscal cliff forum at Mary Baldwin College in Staunton Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

No Name

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Dec 5, 2012
Yes, contact your reps and tell them entitlements need cuts along with defense and new stimulus is not needed.
Crista Cabe

Staunton, VA

#3 Dec 5, 2012
A point of clarification: the fiscal cliff refers to the U.S. national budget, not Mary Baldwin College as the headline might suggest.
twinmom

Farmville, VA

#4 Dec 5, 2012
The White House keeps talking about the "Bush tax cuts for the rich". Let's set the record straight. The Bush-era tax cuts applied to everyone, not just high-income earners. They are set to expire, which means that everyone will pay higher taxes.

Personally, I am tired of Obama advocating class warfare, and trying to widen the divide between various groups of people, rich vs poor, black vs white, Dems vs Republicans, etc. Our country was built on the idea of inclusion, equal rights for all, and "united we stand". Our economic problems can be solved if we all recognize that it is a shared problem, and we need a shared solution that involves all citizens. It is going to take a combination of higher taxes and reduced spending to get our books in order. Those close to Obama will tell you that in everything he does, he is more interested in winning than anything else. And in this case, he is more interetsed in winning his argument than he is in finding workable solutions that benefit the country at large. He is not interested in compromise. His only proposal is to punish the rich and "redistribute income". He has had considerable time to address the pending fiscal cliff but chose not to, and now goes around threatening the American people with doomsday predictions unless he gets his way. While many of the spending cuts are drastic, we should go ahead and let the tax cuts expire. Maybe then he will get serious about compromise.
G Luv

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Dec 5, 2012
twinmom wrote:
Personally, I am tired of Obama advocating class warfare, and trying to widen the divide between various groups of people, rich vs poor, black vs white, Dems vs Republicans, etc.
Wow. Take off the blinders, please.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Dec 5, 2012
G Luv wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Take off the blinders, please.
One must be able to see in order for blinders to be effective. This cliff issue is all about congressional bias, meaning WE don't have a say, never really do in this republic. Why people use the term democracy confounds me, thats the last thing we are.
god-fearer

Palmyra, VA

#7 Dec 5, 2012
No Name wrote:
Yes, contact your reps and tell them entitlements need cuts along with defense and new stimulus is not needed.
AGREED that the wealthy need NO FURTHER stimulus for their rampant selfish wh_ring, so well examplified by Paris Hilton, Charlie Sheen, Donald Trump, and apparently countless 'Celebrity Housewives of ...' And, exemplified by the countless massive vehicles I see on the roads, tailgating, passing on double-yellow, parked in 'no parking' zones at grocery stores, etc ... with 'Republican' bumper stickers ...

It's a puzzle that fetus-loving, gay-bashing Republicans are falling all over themselve to 'stimulate' the wealthy - who have abortions for cosmetic reasons, and who practice sexual perversions we simple folks can't even imagine - with more tax code giveaways, side deals, privileges, etc
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Dec 5, 2012
History shows us time and time again that most all civilizations fail from within, but most have survived loger than a mere 250 years.
Observer

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Dec 5, 2012
For Tara Todd -- I wonder how Mary Baldwin College feels about your headline reporting on their looming fiscal cliff?

Secondly, if I were wanting to attend an informational forum to get clarification on an issue as important as this, I don't think I would select one put on by a Marxist organization.
Liberalace

Collinsville, VA

#11 Dec 5, 2012
god-fearer wrote:
<quoted text>
AGREED that the wealthy need NO FURTHER stimulus for their rampant selfish wh_ring, so well examplified by Paris Hilton, Charlie Sheen, Donald Trump, and apparently countless 'Celebrity Housewives of ...' And, exemplified by the countless massive vehicles I see on the roads, tailgating, passing on double-yellow, parked in 'no parking' zones at grocery stores, etc ... with 'Republican' bumper stickers ...
It's a puzzle that fetus-loving, gay-bashing Republicans are falling all over themselve to 'stimulate' the wealthy - who have abortions for cosmetic reasons, and who practice sexual perversions we simple folks can't even imagine - with more tax code giveaways, side deals, privileges, etc
In the words of the great Ronald Reagan: "Well, there you go again." Take an economics course, Church Lady, will you. There is a difference between "wealth" and "income." Your heroes like Warren Buffett will not see a tax increase because their "income" is not so high. He pays himself only $100k a year in salary. Why? His "wealth" is tied up in paper. Why do you think brain-drain Ted Kennedy and "war hero with a film camera" John Kerry are only too happy to raise taxes: their unearned wealth (Kennedy fell into his and Kerry married into his) will remain unscathed.

How you mix Trump in the gang above, I will never know. Trump made his money by having a keen eye on real estate. While his father gave him a good start, he exponentially increased the business his father had started.

Now, I am so glad you have such disdain for fetuses that you use "fetus-loving" as a disparaging term. No wonder you fear God.

As for the "wealthy," can someone explain to me where Obama came up with the number of $250,000 per year to separate those of high means with the "middle class?"

I must stop now, Church Lady, for you covered way too much anger in your post for me to continue. Perhaps we can discuss tailgating, double-yellow lines and other bits of every day life that give you ulcers when we meet in our anger management course.

Now, go do your superior dance!

R.I.P.: Chris Farley
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Dec 5, 2012
Liberalace wrote:
<quoted text>
can someone explain to me where Obama came up with the number of $250,000 per year
lord knows; it's much too high

as for taxing investments; income from profits are same as wages
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Dec 5, 2012
250 thousand is the ebreaking point in percentages between the so called 1 or 2 percent and the reat of wage earners. The average wage in the US is well below 250 thou but the percantage breaks well above that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey detective Randy Snead they better detective... (Feb '16) 7 hr DPalmer 12
News Catholic Monastery Coming to Charlottesville? (May '10) Sep 15 Doubleamoms 20
News The First Family Sep 3 Michael 13
News 5 Secrets of Women with Always-Perfect Hair Aug '16 Stephany McDowell 1
Rob Lowe Sex Offender! (Aug '10) Aug '16 Vickie 16
News Khans blame Donald Trump for growing intoleranc... Aug '16 Palin s Turkey Th... 3
khizr kahn Jul '16 pissed off 4

Charlottesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlottesville Mortgages