pleasanton school bond
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cleto

San Antonio, TX

#41 Nov 6, 2013
PISD is just educating the students that's it's okay to screw the tax payers on the bond election and spend beyond their means like money grows on trees.
WOW

United States

#42 Nov 6, 2013
Cleto wrote:
PISD is just educating the students that's it's okay to screw the tax payers on the bond election and spend beyond their means like money grows on trees.
That's the thing, it wasn't anyone getting screwed. It was investing in the future. That sir, is a reflection of a simple mind.

Most every single person in this country lives beyond our means. It is evident by the clothes we wear, houses we love in, cars we drive, and accessories we have.(Which to me includes phones, cigarettes, alcohol). That excuse is totally invalid.
VOTE NO

San Antonio, TX

#43 Nov 6, 2013
VOTE NO people just get over this its not worth it, just because Pleasanton gets a new school doesn't mean that the kids are gonna be any smarter than the kids in Jourdanton, Poteet and Charlotte. When we went to school we were lucky if we had a damn fan and we got the education we needed
hum

United States

#44 Nov 6, 2013
??
exxon

United States

#45 Nov 6, 2013
Past or did not pass
eagle one

United States

#46 Nov 6, 2013
What was results on bond election??
VOTE NO

San Antonio, TX

#47 Nov 6, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Better facilities, atmosphere, and pay retains higher rated and educated teachers. That equates to a better education for children. It's unfortunate that the people of Pleasanton can't see past their own noses.
it looks like your saying that the teachers we have NOW are not that educated to teach our kids well their is something wrong with that, cause a new school isn't gonna make a difference
WOW

San Antonio, TX

#48 Nov 7, 2013
VOTE NO wrote:
<quoted text>it looks like your saying that the teachers we have NOW are not that educated to teach our kids well their is something wrong with that, cause a new school isn't gonna make a difference
That's not what I'm saying at all. Pleasanton has lots of fantastic teachers. What I'm saying is Pleasanton is not a school people seek out. Many teach here because they are from the area or they happened to fall into the job. MANY come here to get a year or so of experience so a San Antonio school will hire them, because they will hardly look at teacher with no experience. We have lost several great teachers because of frustration with technology, facilities, and pay.
WOW

San Antonio, TX

#49 Nov 7, 2013
The bond lost. 879-811.
Wet

United States

#50 Nov 7, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I'm saying at all. Pleasanton has lots of fantastic teachers. What I'm saying is Pleasanton is not a school people seek out. Many teach here because they are from the area or they happened to fall into the job. MANY come here to get a year or so of experience so a San Antonio school will hire them, because they will hardly look at teacher with no experience. We have lost several great teachers because of frustration with technology, facilities, and pay.
No means no you can have the best teacher the best facility the best pay if that student ain't gonna learn they ain't gonna learn education starts at him.. You can take a horse to water oh well you know the rest. It's over move out.
happy

San Antonio, TX

#51 Nov 7, 2013
I'm soooo happy that this bond was not approved yeaaaaa sorry for the ones that voted yes
i voted no

San Antonio, TX

#52 Nov 7, 2013
Several people had to vote NO because our landlord (Gloria Clyburn) brought all of her tenants a letter stating that we needed to vote NO cause if the school bond passed, for us to be ready to pay higher rent and that's not what we want(with all the houses she has she's so money hungry), we live paycheck to paycheck and we can barely afford what we pay now
Fifty two

Dallas, TX

#53 Nov 7, 2013
Can you post the letter?
WOW

United States

#54 Nov 8, 2013
The students come to school saying place is ghetto. Attitude reflects environment.
i voted no

San Antonio, TX

#55 Nov 9, 2013
Fifty two wrote:
Can you post the letter?
WHAT GOOD IS THAT GONNA DO? ITS NOT GONNA CHANGE ANYTHING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crack heads of Poteey who are they ? (Sep '14) 5 hr Ghetto 18
Julian I got new belt for you too 5 hr Daniel Tralosky 1
Jason I got a new belt for you 5 hr Daniel Tralosky 1
Zeon Ain't Suing (song) (Aug '14) 14 hr Jason Brown 11
I took change out of the mall fountain (Nov '16) 15 hr zjcastillo 2
Zeon cancer song (May '14) 15 hr zjcastillo 11
Bus Driver Lady kids sing Zeon Songs all day at... 17 hr zjcastillo 2

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance