pleasanton school bond
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Think about it

San Antonio, TX

#1 Sep 4, 2013
If anyone is thinking they should approve this, think again! This is going to screw everyone who plans on living here over. Also anyone who owns houses or rents from people who own houses. If they want to get this new stuff they need to earn the money just like they have done in the past. They have programs that donate money to school like box tops, and capri sun. DO NOT approve this bond. They could be using 65 millon dollars to fix roads that have pot holes or so many patches where they keep fixing little spots instead of doing it the right way. They need to focus on earning the money instead of having it handed to them. Please if everyone votes against this you will see them earn the money for all these new repairs instead of us having to pay for every penny of it.
You can even track how much our school is earning in box tops! H-E-B has promotions that give you $6-$10 in box tops if you purchase so many box top items! All these box top items also have coupons to save money!
Boxtops4education.com
Register here to see what is going on.
boxtops4education.com/earnings/
Login after registering to see how much our school earns and it also says how much it has earned.
We have enough kids in school now due to the oil field that if they enforced sending these letters home more that we would get the money for the bond fast!
We already send more school supplies for our child that all the children use. If parents were to get involved in box tops and helping a little bit we would not have to buy this much stuff. Im asking the whole town to be a little more involved.
If there is 200 kids in pre-k, kinder and first grade and each child brought 3 box tops a week to school which is .10 cents per box top that would be $60 a week,$240 a month,$1680 in 7 months. That is not including the extra box tops with H-E-B promotion. That also does not include the extra that other kids may take with them to school!
Why should people who are hard working parents who pay for everything they have also have to pay for a $65 million dollar school bond?
If we all pitch in just a little bit we would make a huge difference.
Most people probably throw these away if im not mistaken. If everyone who has kids asked for these box tops from people who don't have kids, or kids already out of school we would get a lot more!
Even if your kids are in high school you could give them to a little cousin who is in a younger grade that still does box tops because I believe they stop at a certain grade.
Lets all come together and earn the money in a way that we do not have to pay for them.
Rent is so high right now due to all the new people that I am sure we do not need to add to our house taxes. Even if you rent a house from someone your rent WILL go up due to the taxes going up on them.
When all these people move and no one lives in these houses how are they going to get the money that they need? The taxes will go up for the people who stay here.
THINK THIS OVER!
COLLECT BOX TOPS!
HELP NOT RAISE TAXES!
Seriously

San Antonio, TX

#2 Sep 5, 2013
This is the truth. I voted no. They want it all handed to them and don't do anything to get money for the school from box tops. The city use to get paid for people to recycle but no one was recycling! Does anyone know if they still do that for the city?
BondNONO

San Antonio, TX

#3 Sep 6, 2013
say NO to the bond everyone.its in everyones best interest
Vote no

United States

#4 Sep 9, 2013
Vote no
wondering

San Antonio, TX

#5 Sep 11, 2013
Vote no
iiii

San Antonio, TX

#6 Sep 12, 2013
Vote no people ! No higher taxes.
concern

Austin, TX

#7 Sep 12, 2013
Box top isnt the only company that can help. Cokerewards program can help too. The schools need to sign up on the website and register. The caps/boxes of certain coke products have points n we all can collect n donate to the schools here. The points will add up to buy school supplies n athletic equipment. Its not much but it doesnt hurt to try to get free stuff for the schools.
yes

San Antonio, TX

#8 Sep 12, 2013
I agree lets try anything before taxes are raised.
Vote Yes

Dallas, TX

#9 Sep 12, 2013
Sorry but box tops and coke rewards will not build a new school. Will it take out the mold growing in the walls. Will it cool down hot class rooms because the outdated ac units keep breaking down. You know why alot of people pass on moving into Pleasanton because other area towns have better schools. They may work in Pleasanton but they will not move here. Look at Floresville. Vote no and keep Pleasanton Schools Unpleasant. Take the time to visit each campus and see the state they are in. They are not something to take pride in other than the Primary. 1680 in 7 months but you would have to spend how much more than that to get it. It would be cheaper to vote yes than get about 3.5 cents on the dollar for some rewards program. 17 dollars a month per 100k on the value of your home. So say I have a 150k home. That is 25.50 more a month or 306 per year. I donít know much about box tops but say a spend 3 dollars for ten cents. 1680/.10 = 16800 would be the number of box tops need for this amount at ten cents each. Now say it cost 3 dollars to get each 10 cent box top. 16800*3 = 50400. I think I would rather pay 306 per year rather than pay 50400. Mind you my family of five maybe buys 10000 dollarsí worth of groceries a year.
SAY Noooo

San Antonio, TX

#10 Sep 15, 2013
If everyone was to get involved in buying a few items and donating the tops instead of throwing them away it would be so much money you would feel stupid. HEB has a box top program right now, buy 10 box top items get $6 for your school, buy 15 box top items get $10 for your school. They also have a lot of the box top items with coupons for a lot off or buy something get another item free. You think that an extra $300 a month is not a lot? Correct me if I am wrong but I am paying over $2000 a year on taxes on my home which keeps going up. Along with the school taxes every year. BUT the city can not fix the roads the correct way instead they just patch them up and they get holes not even a few weeks later! This bond got voted down last year and by a lot for a reason! If the school wants this so bad they need to spread the word about all these programs that donate money to the schools instead of wanting it handed to them. I DID NOT get any thing last year for box tops except maybe one or two times. They did NOT even send out the letter to parents saying HEB was giving those free box tops away. They are printed at the registers. THAT IS JUST SHOWING YOU THEY WANT IT FROM THE TAX PAYERS! If anyone saw the letters about it last year they would under stand why it got denied! They say it will only be and extra $17 give or take! But its going to be a lot more when it comes to tax time. Its not only going to raise the taxes on houses, it will raise rent for those on housing, it will raise the rent on every house in the area that is being rented by someone. So if you are renting a house your rent will raise by a lot each month! If your having trouble now with rent and hate how high it is right now what will you do after it goes up even more because the school wants $65 million just given to them. But yet they cant even use all the money we raise for things for our kids. Did anyone else see how much school supplies we had to buy? For what? For the people who couldnt buy it. IF YOU WANT THE SCHOOLS SO BAD GET INVOLVED instead of just wanting to pay more taxes. Ask family members for them. Go to HEB when they have extra box tops for the schools being given for free. I got $13 worth of box tops for only $19.30 it would have been a lot cheaper if i printed coupons online. I probably would have save $5! HEB has items with box tops for under a $1. You saying they will spend thousands for just a few dollars makes you sound like an idiot. Because if 20 people went and bought 15 items with box tops that $13 a person, thats $260 not including if some items had 2 box tops. Look how many people are in heb in a week 2000,3000 if not more! So please dont say it cant be done. They could also do the penny donations from students at every school instead of just raising all the taxes. Especially for the people who barely make ends meet now! Think about it! NOT WORTH IT! They could earn a hell of a lot more if they spread the word about the programs but they dont lift a finger! That should show everyone they dont care enough to raise any money at all when there could have been thousands doanted last year and this year for new items!
PLus

San Antonio, TX

#11 Sep 15, 2013
They are not even fixing the old high school just moving them to it, So please dont say they are doing anything about the problems that already are going on.
wesss

San Antonio, TX

#12 Sep 16, 2013
The primary only wants to raise $2467.08 in box tops this year. Thats not even a lot! Whats the money going to? In my opinion if they were to ask the parents to get involved then it would be way more than that! What about the my coke rewards program are they enrolled in that? If not they should be. Parents could donate the codes to the schools and they could enter them. The SCHOOL needs to spread the word about all these programs and all the schools Pre-k - 12th grade! Instead of sit back and hope people donate box tops. Why all of a sudden is the high school a problem? Do they really think its going to fix the traffic problems? Because it wont! All its going to do is make traffic worst some where else. The traffic on 476 is awful to the primary every beginning of the year because they did not think how the parents would turn around they should have made a way to drive in and a way to go out instead of all at the same spot. Then you want to add the high school in that direction? The line trying to get to the primary goes all the way to the light on main if not past it in the mornings, then you want to add all the high school traffic to the line trying to go the same way? WOW who ever had the idea probably didnt think about that. It will not change the problem in the traffic! If they want new ac units for schools then save up money, do fundraisers, get the kids to do car washes, programs that donate money to schools that's not hard to spread the word about them. Why is everyone so concerned about it now? I just got out of school and no one was trying to get any improvements. They didnt try to raise money for new items. Instead of them spending all that money on that new drama center next to the pretty new gym they just built why didnt they try and fix the school first? Dont forget the new baseball field also, that was also thought about before the schools NEEDS. Now you tell me why they need 65 million dollars when they just built all those new things with out a blink of an eye, and with out the votes of anyone else. If they took a poll on fixing the schools problems that it just got out of no where over getting a baseball field and over getting that new drama center by the gym. Which would have got the vote? Why didnt they vote on that? Why have they not been trying everything the can do to save up money? The high school use to have vending machines which they made a lot of money off of in the mornings, during lunches and after school. But they took them out. They also make all that extra money with the extra stuff they sell in the mornings, along with the extra stuff during lunch. They made a choice on doing that to make money for the school. Why cant they find a way to make money for the new stuff they want and need. If anything it will make all the kids and staff appreciate it a lot more than it just handed to them. What they need to do is hire someone who would do a better job at spreading the word around instead of just sitting there not doing anything. Whats the point of asking for parents to do fundraisers, donate box tops, and other programs when the money obviously isnt going to things the school needs done, only what it wants! So dont try and give us this sob story because these people are not stupid as you are making them out to be.
vote

San Antonio, TX

#13 Sep 17, 2013
Please get out and vote.
WOW

San Antonio, TX

#14 Sep 18, 2013
I can not believe the asinine comments on here. PISD absolutely needs the Bond. It is wayyyy more than you can raise with box tops. It is not just about building a new HS. They will also refurbish all the old buildings and UPGRADE technology to not only get PISD up to date, but better prepared for future growth and changes. I suggest you all ask permission and take some tours of the antiquated classrooms and technology. So many great resources are out there, but many can't be used because the systems CAN'T keep up with it. I am AMAZED at how selfish some people are. God forbid we invest in our future.
Statesman

United States

#15 Sep 28, 2013
I will vote YES! Some of you people want to keep Pleasanton in the stone age.
Well

San Antonio, TX

#16 Sep 30, 2013
Maybe they should try and raise money before asking for it. Nothing but selfish. Instead of building a new high school just fix the one we have. That right there is just a waste of money it is not going to lower traffic. They will not get ALL NEW computers for EVERY district. They will not better every campus. They are thinking more about a new high school to try and better our sports department. Which they could easily do where they are at. You think people need to see the high school? I was there this school year and I don't see anything that is hurting them. If they need a bond why don't they be smart about it and just get it for what they need. NOT A NEW SCHOOL BUILDING. If they needed the money so much why are they not trying to raise any? Car washes, fundraisers, vending machines (where they will be seen and not vandalized), box tops, my coke rewards, capri sun packages also has it. How about the people who vote YES can have their taxes raised. I think that is a great idea. NOT everyone works in the oil field so we all cant afford it. That is why they need to raise it instead of just asking everyone to pay for it. There are people who barely make it from pay check to paycheck and you just want them to end up starving and not having homes because of this bond! You people are selfish! Seriously get people together and have a huge car wash, as many people that are in the town I am sure the oil field guys, and families would go faster than voting yes on this bond! More people would be willing to donate a lot of money for a local car wash that is NON-PROFIT in ANY way before saying yes to a bond! You could have easily 30-50 kids/parents all washing cars and have a bake sale, along with BBQ plates, with sodas, waters, and raffles and probably raise so much money that you would easily get what you need. Instead you would rather sit in a office printing papers about a bond no one cares to read because in the end it will all be lies! That is all this community does it lie to get what they want! VOTE NO! If you vote yes prepare to be screwed!
yes or no

San Antonio, TX

#17 Sep 30, 2013
Wow u tell well
WOW

San Antonio, TX

#18 Oct 9, 2013
You are delusional. There is no way you can raise MILLIONS of dollars with little rinky dink fundraisers. And if you do car washes, BBQ sales and such, aren't you still getting the money from the citizens? It would take decades of major fundraisers and by that time prices would be even higher and PISD would be even further behind.

The elementary is the campus that is busting at the seams. They HAVE to expand, and they can't because of the proximity to the river park. So the initial idea was they were going to build an elementary by the PIC, but then that would REALLY cause major traffic issues. So they decided a new high school would make PHS more desirable if it was new and technologically savvy and hopefully keep all those smart kids from Pleasanton from transferring to neighboring schools and helping those schools scores.

Besides, this bond will make it where everyone contributes. It's the town's public school. Why should only a select few pay for something that lots of people are using, have used in the past, or will use in the future?
WOW

San Antonio, TX

#19 Oct 9, 2013
All of the people who are for all these fundraisers, I am sure the school would appreciate it. Please go to the school and be a leader and spearhead these fundraisers.
Parent

San Antonio, TX

#20 Oct 9, 2013
I will vote yes, for the future of my children who attend PISD. As a parent, I want my child to attend a school that is up to date with services, technology and basically physically built well.$15-$17 a month is what some people are griping about? Come on. And FYI I collect and send in box tops every month. Last month I raised $7.00 for the school. Do you really think $7.00 a month from 1 parent is going to make a significant difference. Box tops are 10 cents each for your school, which isn't bad but not enough to improve our schools and bring them up to date.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel took my bass guitar (Apr '16) 8 hr Lindsay 4
Otis and Rhonda (Jun '15) 8 hr Lindsay 7
Bounty hunters are near Julian (Feb '16) 8 hr Lindsay 3
Julian and Rhonda turn the car over save embarr... 12 hr zjcastillo 2
Zeon getting that truck repossessed (Aug '13) 22 hr XIT Towing 26
Beep Beep Beep Liposuction (Jul '16) 23 hr zjcastillo 2
Does Jason Brown twerk? (Nov '15) Sun zjcastillo 5

Charlotte Jobs

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages