Charlotte Texas Boom soon on the way

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Charlotte

Moore, TX

#1 Sep 14, 2010
Charlotte, TX and the Atascosa area will explode with population and businesses due to new oil businesses. Do yall think Charlotte future will be bright.
Hope so

United States

#2 Sep 14, 2010
I really think that this town can do way better then what it is now.. If u know in EVERY town, city, state or country there will ALWAYS be drugs, drugies, n drug dealers. It's a non stop thing but we d people of Charlotte r d ones feeding on it.. By that I mean u lead this town into ground. I've been living here for 7 yrs n yes I know d dealers n yes I know d ones that have good lifes, but not because I know this people makes me into a Crackhead like u say. U love d school n d school spirit n I know for a fact that if we let everyone worry about there own lifes we can make this community better.. Gossiping is d devils work.. This oil boom will bring us better parks for our kids. More education n teachers.. A better way of living.. Y do we have to come out in Fox news talking negative when we can show our faces for been a great town... Please Charlotte we really need a positive additute for d sake of our kids n our loves ones... Smile to ir neighbor n to ur enemy n u will see that God will reward u in many good ways. I know this cus I'm been rewarded as I speak..
raised in charlotte

Jourdanton, TX

#3 Sep 14, 2010
well said....very true
I dont think so

San Antonio, TX

#4 Sep 15, 2010
@ Hope so.... I know that this oil boom will not fix the community. The reason I say this is because there was a big oil boom in the past and just look at the roads. They are the same and just getting worse. In the past oil boom, the city built a park, if that's what you want to call it, by the second water tower. So just because there is another oil boom coming doesn't mean that it will make Charlotte any better.
Hope so

United States

#5 Sep 15, 2010
Well the thing about this is that WE can make it better by trying to go to d meetings n pushing them to make this town better but the thing is that everone is in everyones buisness n they don't try.. Instead of cursing each other out like in this website we should speak out like that to d major n to Mr Luna.. I know we can change thing around.. Ignore d other as u would like them to ignore u. Like Jessus said if ur free from sins throw d first stone... That's y it's better to walk away from problems. I will garantee u, u will live ur life to d fullest...
peace to all

Moore, TX

#6 Sep 15, 2010
to hope so
that is why this world is the way it is because people have problems and they walk away so GOD and somebody else can fix your problems. You got a problem don't walk away fix it and then you and everybody else won't have a problem. I am not free of sins and I am not casting stones I am just saying we the people want GOD and other people to do for us. To fix our problems. And stop and think it's time for us to do for ourselves. There are parents that know what kids do drugs because it is parents that are selling the drugs to our kids and then we have a problem and we walk away or we disown them because they embarrassed the family. Stop don't walk away if everybody would just worry about one anothers family members we would be a good world but people are just waiting for some one to fall and laugh at them or walk away , instead of helping that person that just fell rather it be hispanic, white, or black, color don't matter but people won't help because first thing they say is what are people going to say or people are going to talk, well I got news for you people will always talk rather you do good or bad that is what makes the world go round if you don't believe me turn the tv on they are not news its all gossip. But we call it news. We make this world what it is and when we see something wrong going on we walk away or turn the other way. I am the kind of person if I see a kid doing something wrong I will walk up to them and tell them excuse me do you know I pay taxes and so do your parents and do you know that what you are doing is very illegal ? And they look at me and if they do not know me I tell them who I am and I explain myself to them . I do not have to use ugly words just talking to them right is all they need. Some of these kids are not all bad they just want attention and don't get it at home and they will seek it else where and sometimes it's not the right attention that they get back in return. So we need to fix our problems and if your kids don't do drugs I am happy for you but those that do the parents have to know. We as parents get to know our kids and just by looking at them we know and sometimes we act like we don't know and look the other way or walk away and in doing that it just creates a bigger problem. So we have to worry about our family and let everybody else take care of their own don't leave it all to GOD we have to try and do our share to. So don't walk away do something about. There is just so much that can go under the carpet. We have to start at home and if everybody would take care of their own we would be a better community and a better place to live. I have lived here for over 50 years and I have never been offered drugs and I have never been robbed or bothered by anyone it all has to do who you associate with. My father used to say if you tell me who your friends are I can tell you who you are .
in spanish
dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres

we need to take care of our own and worry about our own . don't wait for GOD to do everything for us.We need to help ourselves so we can help others.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have so much responsibility. A long time ago, people helped one another in this way. Now people just talk, talk talk. They read books, they listen to music, but they never actually help anyone. They never use their bare hands to save a person from going crazy. We have that responsibility. Somebody has to do it. It turns out to be us. We've got to do it, and we can do it with a smile, not with a long face.
So please don't walk away and don't ignore.
Peace to All. I am not judging I not casting stones because I am far from without sins. This is just my opinion.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#7 Sep 15, 2010
I dont think so wrote:
@ Hope so.... I know that this oil boom will not fix the community. The reason I say this is because there was a big oil boom in the past and just look at the roads. They are the same and just getting worse. In the past oil boom, the city built a park, if that's what you want to call it, by the second water tower. So just because there is another oil boom coming doesn't mean that it will make Charlotte any better.
I thought the park was built from donating it and the money raised.......also this oil boom is suppose to last about 5 years but that's just a hear say.
peace to all

Moore, TX

#8 Sep 15, 2010
TALK WAS THAT A NICE LADY DONATED A LOT OF MONEY FOR A NEW PUBLIC LIBRARY, YET TO SEE ONE. THE PARK IS JUST A PARK , NOT A CITY PARK. SO WHERE IS ALL THIS MONEY ? WHERE DID IT GO? I HAVE GONE TO MEETINGS I ASKED PEOPLE TO BACK ME UP AND NOBODY DID. EVERYBODY HAD ALL KINDS OF EXCUSES WHEN I ASKED FOR BACK UP AT THE MEETINGS NOBODY SHOWED UP. I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO SHOW UP. PEOPLE TALK AND TALK AND THEN WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE NOBODY CAN TALK. THIS IS WHAT THE MEETINGS ARE FOR TO VOICE YOUR OPINIONS AND WHERE WE CAN ASK QUESTIONS AND THEN NOBODY SHOWS UP WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO. AND THEN WHEN PEOPLE RUN FOR WHAT EVER THEY ARE RUNNING FOR THEY TALK AND PROMISE YOU THE RAINBOW AND THEN THEY ARE VOTED IN AND THEY DON'T EVEN TALK TO YOU OR THEY DON'T KNOW YOU OR THEY FORGET WHAT THEY PROMISED YOU. WHEN THE GET VOTED IN. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE THIS WAY, SORRY TO TELL YOU BUT IT IS THE TRUTH.
wondering

Moore, TX

#9 Sep 15, 2010
I am glad everyone is excited about the so called boom but our biggest problem is that there is no housing available for people to move into the community even if they wanted to. Where are these people supposed to live? Maybe someone could open up an RV park?
doubtful

United States

#10 Sep 15, 2010
before anything is said i do have God in my life. i do see most of the parents sticking their heads in the sand. if we can not depend on the parents to teach and control their kids, nothing will change around here. sure it would be nice to see it grow but charlotte has to much of the small town minds and will only trash anything good we have coming.
charlotte born

United States

#11 Sep 16, 2010
i think charlotte has alot to offer. but we need to protect our children from all the drug dealers. we need to start neighborhood watches. also do not be afraid to speak our minds.if there is a oil boom coming i hope it will be a positive thing for our community.
OperationTruth

Houston, TX

#12 Sep 16, 2010
You know I have to agree with some of the comments you all have made on here. I especially agree with Charlotte’s school spirit. They do have some of the strongest spirit around. The problem though isn’t really the children; it’s the children who grow into adults; adults who don’t respect their community. I think if Charlotte ISD promoted community spirit as well as they promote school spirit, Charlotte’s future has a real chance of being bright. I believe we have to go “old school” and teach about respecting private property, and how vandalism and theft hurts everyone in school and most importantly at home. Then approach it as an economic issue as well; especially for the older children. Teach them about property taxes, school taxes, and the value of real estate. More and more children go to college and get educated just to leave Charlotte and never return. This is horrible. If a community can not hold on to its future, the educated residents, the town is doomed to fail.
WHAT

Moore, TX

#13 Sep 17, 2010
LadyLovelee wrote:
<quoted text> I thought the park was built from donating it and the money raised.......also this oil boom is suppose to last about 5 years but that's just a hear say.
Sorry you feel about that, but haved you done researched on this oil company they at least for more than 20 years in every area they had been in or even more than that and their company said that they found a special oil in our area and this town will rise with the oil company. Just pray that they will last and just think positive
LMR

Elgin, TX

#14 Sep 27, 2010
I'm agree Charlotte I small that's why it stands out the most but believe or not, we have the least crime rate and gang members. Did u know that? Look up Topix for Jourd, Pleas, Poteet it's All over not just Charlotte. Born and raised here I love my Hm town. U r who u hang out w, true that. I have nothing but positive thoughts of this oil boom. For those who don't have jobs, they will. Have Faith attend meetings to know the facts. City roads are from grants too. It's not that easy to throw out money and pave roads. Regardless I welcome his new business in cause it takes One just One person to make the difference. I agree we have great town spirit for the school and we must continue the traditions. We r the town we make it so step up to the plate when we see others in need
LMR

Elgin, TX

#15 Sep 27, 2010
I agree Charlotte is small sorry
Baltimore MD

San Antonio, TX

#16 Sep 28, 2010
@LMR. You say that city roads are from grants.....Well why aren't the city applying for these grants. And if they do get a grant to fix the roads they don't fix the roads properly. Why in the world would you tear up a road and then fill it in with caliche? Fill it in with black top. Just my 2 cents.
Ha Ha

United States

#17 Sep 28, 2010
everything is under the table in charlotte . if they got smart and changed up the people that make decisions for that town, so much would come out !!
huckk

San Antonio, TX

#18 Sep 28, 2010
We need to get rid of all the corupt people in office like the mayor they all take money under the table. And maybe replace rick come on he has julio working for him drug dealer and he knows who sells i even heard from someone that he sells not saying its true or not.
Ha Ha

United States

#19 Sep 28, 2010
you are on the right track !! it is a shame but it is true about so many officials are corrupt in charlotte.
Jason

Richardson, TX

#20 Sep 29, 2010
anything is good for charlotte

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sylvia carreon (Martinez) 2 hr smh 8
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr fart 794
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 6 hr Fart Smoke 633
Aka fats v (May '14) 8 hr know 4
Bust (Aug '10) 21 hr Fyi 11
La Donna moon 21 hr Lol 4
Christie B. 21 hr Lmmfao 5
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]