Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Rock

Franklin, NC

#50503 Apr 8, 2014
TSF wrote:
Both democrats and republicans have slanted election laws against independents and third parties. What is really needed are educated voters who who can understand how they are being played like violins to vote against themselves..
<quoted text>
That's why they need to get broken up and fast. We broke up huge monopolies before; we need to do it with the democrats and republicans too.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#50504 Apr 8, 2014
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Continually reducing Taxes on the Rich Is, and Will Destroy this country. More than half of all income taxes collected comes from the wealthy. Why would you expect anything different, since they make most of the money?
Taxes are lower today on the rich, than they were decades ago.
I started working for the Federal Minimum Wage of $1.25 an Hour in 1963.
Take that $1.25 and convert it to Gallons of Gasoline at 31 cents a gallon. I made nearly 4 Gallons of Gasoline an Hour. Today's Minimum Wage Workers are lucky to make 2 Gallons of Gasoline an Hour.
I grew up working in my Dad's medium size grocery store. I stamped the prices on the stock, so I remember a lot of the prices, especially on items that sold fast and had to be constantly restocked.
A can of Campbells Tomato Soup was 8 Cents. Divide 8 cents into $1.25 an Hour and you get 16 cans of Campbells Tomato Soup an Hour.
Today Campbells Tomato Soup is $1.00 a can, so they make 7 to 8 cans of Campbells Tomato Soup an Hour.
You can search on line for prices in 1963 or go to the Library and look it up
No matter which food product you do this with, it always comes out that in 1963, I made TWICE as much in real buying power as today's Minimum Wage Workers do.
$10.10 an Hour still does not put them on par with what I made in 1963.... and I believe $10.10 an Hour is reasonable and necessary unless You want to Pay for Food Stamps, Welfare, SNAP, etc to Subsidize Employers Low Pay.
Inflation kills the poor and middle class...well said
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50505 Apr 8, 2014
Rock, you never answered the question about if we allowed all babies to be born and many of them in need of food stamps , would support a higher tax rate for yourself and all others to meet the nutrional needs of these children? Instead of a song and dance routine about churches feeding these kids (that they don't do entirely now), how about a direct answer this time?
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#50506 Apr 8, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
Sink outraised Jolly by a three to one ratio, and got the majority of the out-of-state money, which was said to be seven million dollars.Sink got the majority of the seven million dollars, and outraised Jolly three to one. Spin it any way you want.I'm sure you can find a leftist link that disagrees with the facts.That's what your agenda is, dispute and twist the truth.Admit nothing.That's effective, frequently, with democrats. Hey, if I'm wrong, the voters will back the democrats, and soon. HECK , if democrats hang onto the Senate,I might vote democrat in 2016.
I believe that the fact you are looking for was Sink did more TV advertising by a three to one ratio....in a district that had been REPUBLICAN for decades. BTW, you need to read about that "family values" cretin who preceded that Teabagger cretin. It's an amazing story!

Why would you vote Democratic based only on how the Democrats do in 2014? That doesn't make a lick of sense. READ ABOUT IT. Educate yourself. The Democrats support people like you. Republicans don't. I notice you never answered my question: just what do you support that Republicans offer? Zip...nada...nothing.

I will point out one more thing....see this: " Spin it any way you want.I'm sure you can find a leftist link that disagrees with the facts.That's what your agenda is, dispute and twist the truth.Admit nothing.That's effective, frequently, with democrats"

Those are not the words from a person with an open mind towards Democrats. Those are the biased, hate-filled words of a diehard RIGHT WINGER.

Don't think you are fooling me, mister. I can spot deceivers IMMEDIATELY when I read their brainwashed words.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#50507 Apr 8, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The Colorado recall, Wisconsin, where the unions fought the governor.Remember, Sink lost in a state Obama carried both times.You got some info that says Obama lost Florida, I'd love to see that.
What does Obama winning Florida have to do with this topic? This is only ONE DISTRICT. Held by a Republican for decades.
You take any state.....some districts are stupidly Republican and others are brilliantly Democrat. It has nothing to do with PRESIDENT OBAMA winning the state of Florida.
Meanwhile, you need to read about this "family values" Republican who held the seat the Teabagger Jolly won. It's a freakin' hoot.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/bill-youngs-firs...
I'm not kidding. If this doesn't capture Right Wing "family values", I don't know what does. What a hypocrite. Throws his family under the bus for the first hot floozy that gives him the time of day. lol...more "Right Wing Family Values".
hole in the wall

Philadelphia, PA

#50508 Apr 8, 2014
TSF wrote:
Republikan preachers are the modern day Judas. They are the money changer equivalent of biblical times. They have replaced GOD with the GOP in the minds of the morons who listen to them. They worship a political party instead of a Deity, Jesus doesn't really want more tax breaks for the rich and tax increases for the poor. Jesus niece said corporations are people and he never said dollars are votes.
<quoted text>
More Lies from you I see.......you are a joke
Ben

Greer, SC

#50509 Apr 8, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Obama winning Florida have to do with this topic? This is only ONE DISTRICT. Held by a Republican for decades.
You take any state.....some districts are stupidly Republican and others are brilliantly Democrat. It has nothing to do with PRESIDENT OBAMA winning the state of Florida.
Meanwhile, you need to read about this "family values" Republican who held the seat the Teabagger Jolly won. It's a freakin' hoot.
I'm not kidding. If this doesn't capture Right Wing "family values", I don't know what does. What a hypocrite. Throws his family under the bus for the first hot floozy that gives him the time of day. lol...more "Right Wing Family Values".
Can you say John Edwards? Oh that's right, he swindled how many millions out of a 90 year old woman for his floozy, while his wife was dying of cancer. What a guy! Just the kind you would like your daughter to marry.
Ben

Greer, SC

#50510 Apr 8, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama won the district in question.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#50511 Apr 8, 2014
Ben wrote:
<quoted text> Obama won the district in question.
A district which had been held by a Republican for decades.

When will you people ever understand how these things work. Democrats by their very nature aren't as angry & politically obsessive as Right Wingers are. Right Wingers are always chomping at the bit to vote AGAINST their best interests. Which is why they come out in droves to prove what fools they are.

BTW, we aren't talking about Edwards. For every despicable Democrat you can conjure up, I've got a dozen Republicans to match. We are talking about THIS Florida district. A FLORIDA district that I feel confident Edwards had nothing to do with.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#50512 Apr 8, 2014

New Poll Shows Voters in Red States Want to Expand Medicaid

"A core part of Obamacare is popular in states from Kansas to Georgia where Republicans are blocking it. Theyíll pay come November"

Hmmmmm....looks like those Democratic ideas are finally sinking into those Neanderthal brains.

"voters support Medicaid expansion in key states by wide margins: 52 to 35 percent in Kansas, 58 to 33 percent in Florida, 59 to 30 percent in Pennsylvania, 54 to 38 percent in Georgia. All are states where Medicaid expansion has been blocked by Republican politicians. In Virginia, where the GOP has also blocked Medicaid expansion, a previous poll found that even a majority of state Republican voters support extending coverage for the stateís low-income residents. And other polls show that three-out-of-four Americans nationwide, including a majority of Republicans, support Medicaid expansion.

Nevertheless, Republicans are actively, single-handedly blocking health coverage for 5 million Americans in 24 states. One academic study suggests that of those 5 million, 10,000 Americans will die this year alone due to lack of insurance. The Medicaid expansion is the law of the land, itís already paid for, and 5 million more Americans would be getting coverage if Republican politicians hadnít taken it away because of petty partisanship. Largely because Republicans want to spite President Obama on a key piece of his namesake legislation, thousands of Americans may die"

More Republican "family values"....cut off your nose to spite your face and just let people die for Republican political theater.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50513 Apr 8, 2014
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Can you say John Edwards? Oh that's right, he swindled how many millions out of a 90 year old woman for his floozy, while his wife was dying of cancer. What a guy! Just the kind you would like your daughter to marry.
I'm glad democrats are so laid back and non-obsessive Ben, or they'd have us all lined up against a wall and shot.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50514 Apr 8, 2014
TSF I'm repeating my comment to you about the expansion of Medicaid, in that it should be done in all states where it currently is not.I don't think I'm following the republican line here, but I'm no robot.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50515 Apr 8, 2014
Medicaid expansion has been blocked in Texas.I am unaware of whether Texans approve of that or not.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50516 Apr 8, 2014
Neanderthals had larger cranial capacity than Cro-Magnons. Odd, but true.
TSF Doctor

Huntsville, AL

#50517 Apr 8, 2014
TSF wrote:
Republikan preachers are the modern day Judas. They are the money changer equivalent of biblical times. They have replaced GOD with the GOP in the minds of the morons who listen to them. They worship a political party instead of a Deity, Jesus doesn't really want more tax breaks for the rich and tax increases for the poor. Jesus never said corporations are people and he never said dollars are votes.
<quoted text>
You old senile bastard-you blabber and blabber and blabber - one of the Ten Commandments is "Thou shall not bear false witness". You have broken this one MANY times you old dementia infected moron. So what is your point. The old (sorry to use old) Democrat standard-don't do as I do, do as I say. TSF= The Senile Fudgeboy
TSF

Angier, NC

#50518 Apr 8, 2014
One small community in NC and the legislatures asinine decision to send tax dollars to DC and get nothing back.

RALEIGH, N.C.-- A small community hospital in eastern North Carolina is closing after state officials declined Medicaid expansion under the federal Affordable Care Act.[...]
Vidant CEO David Herman said the 60-year-old hospital's closing is triggered by the decision of North Carolina lawmakers to refuse federal funding to expand Medicaid. The company plans to open a small outpatient clinic in Belhaven, but patients needing emergency care would need to be transported to another Vidant hospital in Washington, 26 miles away.
Along with losing their hospital, the community of 1,700 will also be losing about 100 jobs at that hospital. Beyond hurting the people who are already uninsured, the political decision by these Republican lawmakers is hurting their economies. And creating more unemployed and uninsured people. Boy, that'll show the Democrats and President Obama
Waco 1909 wrote:
TSF I'm repeating my comment to you about the expansion of Medicaid, in that it should be done in all states where it currently is not.I don't think I'm following the republican line here, but I'm no robot.
TSF

Angier, NC

#50519 Apr 8, 2014
You are right. It should have been expanded in NC. Failure to expand Medicaid was a stupid economic move. It was a stupid move for the fiscal health of our state treasury. It was a stupid, spiteful , hateful , uncharitable move to hurt our uninsured citizens. It had no stated objectives and accomplished nothing useful whatsoever. Our NC legislature has made great progress in their race to the bottom in education and their race to the top in stupidity.
Waco 1909 wrote:
TSF

Angier, NC

#50520 Apr 8, 2014
Spoken like a true fundamentalist republikan preacher. Are you the new leader of the Westborough Baptist or Vladimir Putin's campaign manager?
TSF Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
You old senile bastard-you blabber and blabber and blabber - one of the Ten Commandments is "Thou shall not bear false witness". You have broken this one MANY times you old dementia infected moron. So what is your point. The old (sorry to use old) Democrat standard-don't do as I do, do as I say. TSF= The Senile Fudgeboy
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50521 Apr 8, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm glad democrats are so laid back and non-obsessive Ben, or they'd have us all lined up against a wall and shot.
Yes, you better call out to your buddy, Ben. Victoria has already killed your ass. Watching you become speechless is worth the price of the ride.
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50522 Apr 8, 2014
The Multi=Billionaire Koch Brothers Spend Tens of Millions of Dollars trying to replace Kay Hagan with a Republican so they can gain control of the U.S. Senate.

NC-Sen: Kay Hagan (D), "Koch Bros. have turned NC into an ...
www.dailykos.com/.../-NC-Sen-Kay-Hagan-D-Koch... -...- Similar to NC-Sen: Kay Hagan (D), "Koch Bros. have turned NC into an ...
May 17, 2013 ... The Koch brothers have turned North Carolina into an experiment in ... In the legislature, Republicans are expected to pass an overhaul of the ...

North Carolina is 'not going to let the billionaire ...
www.dailykos.com/.../-Sen-Kay-Hagan-North-Car... ...
Feb 13, 2014 ... Kay Hagan: North Carolina is 'not going to let the billionaire Koch ..... there is Pat McCrory and the legislature and Koch Brothers and Art Pope.

Koch brothers bombard vulnerable Senate Democrat Kay Hagan ...
www.politico.com/story/.../koch-brothers-kay-...
Feb 12, 2014 ... The Koch brothers have a seemingly bottomless pot of cash this election year ... The staggering figures make North Carolina ground zero in the ...

A third Koch 'brother' hits North Carolina - Washington Post
www.washingtonpost.com/...koch-brother...nort... -11e2-...
Jun 11, 2013 ... Art Pope's money has changed North Carolina for the worse.... In fact, he's attended the Koch Brothers' planning summits and considers himself their close ally.... Conservative legislators want to dilute the influence of minority ...

Koch brothers-backed law firm intervenes in ...- NC Policy Watch
www.ncpolicywatch.com/.../koch-brothers-backe... - laws...
Feb 20, 2014 ... The Institute for Justice, a Koch brothers-backed law firm with ties to the ... That state's legislature is considering a constitutional amendment ...

Koch Brothers Invest in NC Politics | BlueNC
www.bluenc.com/koch-brothers-invest-nc-politi... - Similar to Koch Brothers Invest in NC Politics | BlueNC
Nov 1, 2012 ... While national coverage of the Koch brothers has focused on their ... At the time of the 2006 election, the North Carolina legislature was under ...

Art Pope, Citizens United, and North Carolina Politics : The ...
www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/10/10/111010...
Oct 10, 2011 ... A conservative multimillionaire has taken control in North Carolina, one of 2012's top battlegrounds.... houses of the North Carolina General Assembly for more than a century..... Some have compared him to Charles and David Koch, the ..... While his older brother preferred playing golf, Pope was politically ...

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR NORTH CAROLINIANS: Thom Tillis ...
www.dscc.org/.../important-message-north-caro... -...
Mar 20, 2014 ... Tillis Pushed Koch Agenda Through North Carolina Legislature, Now ... Koch brothers are rigging the system against North Carolina's middle ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paw Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The protest vote (Nov '16) Nov '16 Danney Williams 2
Revival (Aug '16) Aug '16 Pastor Anthony Pe... 1
Im Pumped (Oct '15) Oct '15 New Meat 1
New ministry (Jun '15) Jun '15 pgrass50 1
News Vancouver! Win a chance to see Demi Lovato on h... (Jan '14) Feb '14 Demi Lovato 3
News 13-year-old shot dead; teen charged in Charlotte (Aug '12) Aug '12 mmmm 3
News One-armed Green Beret fights assault case (Feb '12) Mar '12 Jack 3

Paw Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paw Creek Mortgages