Woman hurt in pit bull attack at Charlotte bed and breakfast

Feb 22, 2011 Full story: WIS-TV Columbia 9

CHARLOTTE, NC A woman was injured after being bitten by a pit bull near a historic bed and breakfast in east Charlotte Monday morning.

Full Story
Idiot Wind

United States

#1 Feb 22, 2011
Do the Naysmiths charge any additional fees for the vicious dog attack when you stay at the Bed and Breakfast? Sounds like a place with a great ambiance.
JuliaL

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Feb 23, 2011
My niece was planning her wedding at this B&B, but is now searching for a different venue. It is unbelieavable that people who operate an inn and host weddings and other events would keep a dangerous animal in the back yard. They're lucky it hasn't attacked before. And as everyone knows, if innkeepers/landlords are lax or reckless in one area, you can bet they are equally lax or reckless in others. I hope these people go out of business.
Never made the news

Charlotte, NC

#3 Feb 23, 2011
My neighbor got bit by a golden retriever & got 15 stitches at a high school baseball game. Why didn`t THAT make the news?.........
RoastPuppy

United States

#4 Feb 23, 2011
Never made the news wrote:
My neighbor got bit by a golden retriever & got 15 stitches at a high school baseball game. Why didn`t THAT make the news?.........
I'm sure it did. I read about a golden retriever biting someone at a hotel in Massachusetts, a coon hound biting a man (who later died) in California, a Labrador being put down after it bit two children, a Weimaraner killing a 2-year-old in Florida. The reason this particular article is newsworthy is because the owners operate a bed and breakfast inn and host weddings, etc. People who own a vicious dog and invite strangers onto their property aren't too bright and these B&B owners should be put out of business.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#7 Feb 26, 2011
Chinazaa wrote:
That woman mite of been messin wit that dog and it was protectin itself
Try to get the judge convinced of that assumption just before he awards the house,property,cars to cover the doctor bills and later plastic surgeries because the owners did not declare a "Vicious Breed" dog on the premises to their insurance company. Yes, other breeds attack,but the list of vicious breed dogs have to be contained and under control at all times whether they are on your property or not. Attacking dogs just don't respect property lines.
david

Charlotte, NC

#8 Sep 15, 2011
Never made the news wrote:
Exactly....for some reason the media is obsessed with pit bulls.....morons
Pat

Lincolnton, NC

#9 Sep 16, 2011
Pitbulls are for cowards and dope dealers, same difference!!!
Pitbull Owner

Concord, NC

#10 Sep 20, 2011
Pat, you sound like a pretty uneducated fool. Do some research before you blurt out ignorant statements. All dogs have the capability to attack someone, if they are trained to. Instinctively, dogs are only aggressive with other dogs, not humans (unless they are trained to be)
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#11 Sep 20, 2011
Pitbull Owner wrote:
Pat, you sound like a pretty uneducated fool. Do some research before you blurt out ignorant statements. All dogs have the capability to attack someone, if they are trained to. Instinctively, dogs are only aggressive with other dogs, not humans (unless they are trained to be)
Bullshit! Did you ever notice how many pit attacks are from dogs described as "big babies" "lick you to death" "wouldn't kill a fly". Even after being a good housedog for years,they have a history for attacking at any time wheather provoked or not. The biggest problems with pits is when they are in an attack mode,the owner nor anyone cannot stop them without wounding or killing them and the damage is already done. Other breeds tend to bite and back off. Pits clamp down and maintain the attack.The judges and juries are not too sympathetic towards the owners and don't feel bad handing out six figure judgements.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vancouver! Win a chance to see Demi Lovato on h... (Jan '14) Feb '14 Demi Lovato 3
Report: Northwood Investors spends $100 million... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Bill James 1
Cameron excelling at Northwood (Aug '11) Aug '11 TEAMPACKS 1
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oakdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oakdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oakdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:25 am PST