Fire destroys Myers Park restaurant; blocks Providence Road

Feb 14, 2010 Full story: Charlotte Observer

WCNC photo. Flames tore through the Big Ben British Pub and Restaurant on the 700 block of Providence Road before 6:30 this morning.

Read more
sarah n

Deridder, LA

#1 Feb 14, 2010
I worked there years ago when it was Proposition XLV....great restaurant--and loads of fun with the people who worked and ate there--I got out of the kitchen and hosted--used to tell people to get a drink at the bar and go for a walk in the neighborhood and check back...people used to jockey for the tables around the fireplace...and some loved and others hated the back room...RIP Prop. 45!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Myers Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Charlotte Mayor Patrick Cannon draws tough j... Oct '14 xav8r55 2
News St. Matthew drops plan to host Thanksgving fait... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Leaping Change 21
@Sab_1908: I'm at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 QC SuperMOM 1
News Thousands to protest in Charlotte before Democr... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Wilson1252 3
News Walk on (May '12) May '12 Coach 2
News The Daily Show to Broadcast from Charlotte, NC ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Okuba_Toshimichi 2
News Neighborhood's 'whites only' deed sparks contro... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Ho Lee Schitt 2
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Myers Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]