Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Seven, what is Bible camp a week or two? Scientologists are die hards and from what I've read from some people in Hollywood that broke ties with them, they make bible camp look downright fun. Bible camp, 2 weeks, Scientologists-lifers.
I am not defending Scientologist as they are following myths just as Christians are, but if you wish us to believe the kids at bible camp are not lifers.......

No one is forcing these people to do this, so the right to religious freedom must be upheld. Unlike Waco, no illegal weapons are involved with either bible camp or Scientologists. Are they all a bunch of brainwashed sheep? Yes.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

The Enemy Within wrote:
"I think it will and it will be quite interesting to hear democrats and liberals who spent half a decade apoplectic about enhanced interrogation in the Bush administration who up until now have been silent about a program which doesn't interrogate people harshly but kills them without a judge, jury, or even evidence. And the criteria here is astonishing. It isn't even imminent plot" - Charles Krauthammer referencing the Obama drone warfare.
Oh, so now the war on terror is bothering you? Great, now the democrats can call the republicans the weak ones who will not stand up to the terrorists. Enjoy your time out of power.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I am not defending Scientologist as they are following myths just as Christians are, but if you wish us to believe the kids at bible camp are not lifers.......
No one is forcing these people to do this, so the right to religious freedom must be upheld. Unlike Waco, no illegal weapons are involved with either bible camp or Scientologists. Are they all a bunch of brainwashed sheep? Yes.
Your opinion, right? Well, I don't agree, but I'll defend to the death your right to state your opinion.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

One of the good things about this country, is that its possible to state an opinion, without going to prison for that opinion.At least for now, in any event.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Your opinion, right? Well, I don't agree, but I'll defend to the death your right to state your opinion.
I have no idea what you are disagreing with, as I made several claims.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I am not defending Scientologist as they are following myths just as Christians are, but if you wish us to believe the kids at bible camp are not lifers.......
Sounds good to me as long as weapons aren't involved. Force by using a weapon definitely takes away from the free will of any religion or no belief in religion. However, when you looke at high profile people in the church of scientology, I've heard Katie Holmes and Nicole Kidman both comment that they were followed and photographed by "church security", intimidated etc. Now I don't know how familiar you are with the Baptist, Methodist or Presbyterian Churches around you, but I believe they don't spend money on spying and intimidation tactics. Who has church security on the payroll? Are you a brainwashed sheep? Yes. Precious, we're all sheep.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I would advise more people to educate themselves and listen less. That's what's wrong with the youth today. No one is being taught critical thinking. Todays youth are not making decisions for themselves. They are being given pre-selected choices. I hire people all the time and I can assure you today's 20 something generation can be scary.
I can agree with most of this, but I do not limit it to the young or just to the times. All of history has shown this to be true.
Maybe if you were listening more, you would know this.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good to me as long as weapons aren't involved. Force by using a weapon definitely takes away from the free will of any religion or no belief in religion. However, when you looke at high profile people in the church of scientology, I've heard Katie Holmes and Nicole Kidman both comment that they were followed and photographed by "church security", intimidated etc. Now I don't know how familiar you are with the Baptist, Methodist or Presbyterian Churches around you, but I believe they don't spend money on spying and intimidation tactics. Who has church security on the payroll? Are you a brainwashed sheep? Yes. Precious, we're all sheep.
I do agree the Scientologists look to be using intimidation tactics and the sort, and that is terrible, but legal as far as I know. Freedom of religion has its price. That price is a bunch of brainwashed people.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>i would say because Obamacare is going to put them all out of business by creating an unlevel playing field where the govt owns the ball and the field and they determine who wins (them) and who loses (the insurance companies). The govt shouldn't be in the insurance business, the real estate business, the transportation business, etc..., those jobs should be done by the private sector!
Did it put insurance companies out of business in Massachusetts? Nope. Got any other speculations?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
One of the good things about this country, is that its possible to state an opinion, without going to prison for that opinion.At least for now, in any event.
When the religions ruled, it was illegal, now the secularists like our founding fathers stopped all that crap.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>When the religions ruled, it was illegal, now the secularists like our founding fathers stopped all that crap.
I'm a huge fan of separation of church and state.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea what you are disagreing with, as I made several claims.
I was"disagreeing"with your opinion on religion.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Hey Mike.Know what's happening in Uganda?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I do agree the Scientologists look to be using intimidation tactics and the sort, and that is terrible, but legal as far as I know. Freedom of religion has its price. That price is a bunch of brainwashed people.
Mike, most freedom has a price, it comes down to whatever you're willing to pay. You must bare in mind, religion is not the only source of brainwashing and you're a perfect example. You have bought into everything anyone with "psychologist" by their name says and you know what, psychologists are well versed in brainwashing. Could you be a sheep too? I think so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

oops, no the only source of "supposed" brainwashing
waco 1909

Matawan, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

My pole is in Uganda.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, most freedom has a price, it comes down to whatever you're willing to pay. You must bare in mind, religion is not the only source of brainwashing and you're a perfect example. You have bought into everything anyone with "psychologist" by their name says and you know what, psychologists are well versed in brainwashing. Could you be a sheep too? I think so.
Anyone who believes that someone else is responsible for their safety, may well be"brainwashed"!
waco 1909

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

HYPOCRISY! "I left.... my pole.... in San Francisco."
waco 1909

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

I'm "BRAINWASHED!" and "POLEWASHED!"

IT'S HYPOCRISY!!!
waco 1909

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Your pole will do good in my hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Myers Park Discussions

Search the Myers Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Matthew drops plan to host Thanksgving fait... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Leaping Change 21
@Sab_1908: I'm at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 QC SuperMOM 1
Thousands to protest in Charlotte before Democr... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Wilson1252 3
Walk on (May '12) May '12 Coach 2
The Daily Show to Broadcast from Charlotte, NC ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Okuba_Toshimichi 2
Neighborhood's 'whites only' deed sparks contro... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Ho Lee Schitt 2
Private dining rooms in Charlotte (Aug '10) Aug '10 Henry The Britt 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Myers Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Myers Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE