Comments
33,301 - 33,320 of 58,907 Comments Last updated 32 min ago

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#34539 Feb 2, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Right as rain. Speaking of precipitation, we're suppose to get like 2 flakes of snow tonight!!!
:(, I'm done with it, I don't want to see any more. I am thaking the Lord that groundhog didn't see his shadow todaay.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#34540 Feb 2, 2013
emlu wrote:
•Flat fee: The first tier for lower income taxpayers is fixed, starting at $95 for calendar year 2014 (the first year the mandate is effective),$325 in 2015, and $695 in 2016 and beyond. The total family penalty is capped at 300% of this flat dollar tax —$2,085 in 2016 – for those earning less than about $110,000, according to the CRS.
•Percentage of income: The next tier is based upon a percentage of income: 1.0% in 2014, 2.0% in 2015, and 2.5% thereafter.
•Cost of a basic health plan: However, as household income increases, eventually the percentage tax will rise to equal the cost of the national average premium for a “bronze-level health plan,” where it is capped.(The bronze plan is expected to be the least expensive plan in the line-up of policies that will be offered through the ObamaCare health insurance exchanges. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that in 2016 the cost of a bronze-level plan for a family would be between $12,000 and $12,500 a year.)
Nothing like the Commucrats creating an unlevel playing field to run private businesses bankrupt!! Better hope you don't need their services!!

Location hidden

#34541 Feb 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all. I don't drink unless I'm on the course and then it's shine or water. My motto growing up was why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly!!! And yes, I'm an Independent that leans right!! And yes, that was many moons ago!!
On a roll tonight Pro. Those were the days!

Location hidden

#34542 Feb 2, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>:(, I'm done with it, I don't want to see any more. I am thaking the Lord that groundhog didn't see his shadow todaay.
Woohoo... although I heard he's only right 39% of the time...but hey, that's a better percentage than the weather man with his triple Doppler radar!!
TSF

Kenly, NC

#34543 Feb 2, 2013
That depends on whether it was made for drinking or selling.
Really good sour mash corn shine with apple slices pickled in it makes it smooth . Problem is you can drink it like water and then bad things may start to happen. Don't eat many of the apple slices either because you may find yourself unexpectedly incapacitated. There is nothing in the ABC store like it.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's suppose to be a good thing? Pro, you know that stuff would give you rot gut worse than mad dog 20/20!!!

Location hidden

#34544 Feb 2, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>On a roll tonight Pro. Those were the days!
I never drank. I knew from my father's use that I was not going to travel that road. Some people can handle it, some can't. I just know that I am probably genetically pre-disposed. Drink on those who can. I have no problem with it.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#34545 Feb 2, 2013
There will be 6 more weeks and 4 days of winter.
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>:(, I'm done with it, I don't want to see any more. I am thaking the Lord that groundhog didn't see his shadow todaay.

Location hidden

#34546 Feb 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I never drank. I knew from my father's use that I was not going to travel that road. Some people can handle it, some can't. I just know that I am probably genetically pre-disposed. Drink on those who can. I have no problem with it.
I agree, I'm not a "drinker", all I ask is please don't drive if you've had to much!!

Location hidden

#34547 Feb 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Woohoo... although I heard he's only right 39% of the time...but hey, that's a better percentage than the weather man with his triple Doppler radar!!
For real. I've stopped watching the weather people. I work off, I believe it when I see it. I think the ground hog is cute too!!

Location hidden

#34548 Feb 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
There will be 6 more weeks and 4 days of winter.
<quoted text>
C'mon, no faith in a groundhog?

Location hidden

#34549 Feb 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
Really good sour mash corn shine with apple slices pickled in it makes it smooth . Problem is you can drink it like water and then bad things may start to happen. Don't eat many of the apple slices either because you may find yourself unexpectedly incapacitated. There is nothing in the ABC store like it.
<quoted text>
TSF, I'm afraid the ATF will be knocking tonight thinking we're making a batch of moonshine..go figure. I'm probably on their list too. I don't drink at all. I just read Arnold's post and I understand him because there's more than one alcoholic in my family and I've always been afraid, I'd be just another drunk. You make it sound good but for a tee-totaler, don't you think if I were to drink, I ought to start with something a little less, well a little less....STRONG!?!?!!
Allen

Penrose, NC

#34550 Feb 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>The guys in NC are in western NC, somewhere SW of Saluda. If you were to take Hwy 74 west to were it dead ends at I-26, if you were to continue driving straight through the woods you might run into one of their stiils. From what I can tell, the river they're on is somewhere on the Green River.....I think.
Somebody may be shin'n on Green River but it's not Jim Tom. I know the family personally.

Location hidden

#34551 Feb 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang if that ain't the truth! The first date with my ex, I made peach daquiris with the peaches, got that boy hammered! It did sneak up on him.

Location hidden

#34552 Feb 2, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, I'm afraid the ATF will be knocking tonight thinking we're making a batch of moonshine..go figure. I'm probably on their list too. I don't drink at all. I just read Arnold's post and I understand him because there's more than one alcoholic in my family and I've always been afraid, I'd be just another drunk. You make it sound good but for a tee-totaler, don't you think if I were to drink, I ought to start with something a little less, well a little less....STRONG!?!?!!
This is kinda strange this conversation, bcause I'm 15 years sober TODAY folks. Believe me, I've drank it all and good shine you can't beat. Like I said, my
Grandmother made peach, apple, grape, strawberry, blueberry, you name it. It was a norm I guess it the day. I forgot "corn".:)

Location hidden

#34553 Feb 2, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>This is kinda strange this conversation, bcause I'm 15 years sober TODAY folks. Believe me, I've drank it all and good shine you can't beat. Like I said, my
Grandmother made peach, apple, grape, strawberry, blueberry, you name it. It was a norm I guess it the day. I forgot "corn".:)
Congrats Lu!!! Drinking has always been the norm I guess, but not for me. I wonder how many people on here have done things sober they wished they could have said they were drunk or "flying"? I know I have. When I was young, I would do anything from a dare and the things I did. Now I look back and say "what was I thinking", clearly I wasn't, and I wasn't even impaired. I just did it.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#34554 Feb 2, 2013
My grandfather had his own still.Fed the sour mash to the pigs.They got drunk of course.He'd kill anyone that got close to his contraption.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#34555 Feb 2, 2013
Lu.Congratulations.I'm glad that you are better.For real.

Location hidden

#34556 Feb 2, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats Lu!!! Drinking has always been the norm I guess, but not for me. I wonder how many people on here have done things sober they wished they could have said they were drunk or "flying"? I know I have. When I was young, I would do anything from a dare and the things I did. Now I look back and say "what was I thinking", clearly I wasn't, and I wasn't even impaired. I just did it.
Thanks Bacon, it's been an amazing road. I could really write a book. A really amazing road. Anyway, I took the pups out and danged if it's not snowing! They like it though.
uga

Plover, WI

#34557 Feb 2, 2013
wow

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#34558 Feb 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
Typical --seeing , remembering and accepting only what you want to see, remember or accept.
From your own link:

Note also that the idiot officers, after demanding that Fleming land, had to be told to clear their vehicles off the runway so he could land. Again: THESE IDIOTS ARE OUT OF CONTROL
<quoted text>
arguing semantics much?...because it also clearly states in the article...

"Fleming recalls that at some point someone requested he land at Hartsville, but then he was told he could continue. He climbed to 3,100 feet msl, circling to the northeast away from the lake, and planned to head back to Bermuda High Soaring; but he lost lift and descended to 1,900 feet msl. He turned toward Hartsville again, but found a thermal and climbed to 2,740 feet.“All I needed was another few hundred feet” to return to Bermuda High, he said. But he received a radio transmission for Hartsville telling him to land.

At the airport, Griffin said the officers on the scene told her to demand the glider land at Hartsville, but that an FAA official on the phone said the FAA was not demanding he land. So, she said, she gave Fleming a choice:“Police officers here are asking you to land, but the FAA says you do not have to land. I’m leaving this up to you.” Fleming said to tell the officers he’d be there in a minute, she recalled.

These accounts seem consistent with the Darlington County Sheriff Department’s incident report. Capt. Joyce C. Everett wrote that the suspect was “advised” to land at Hartsville, and that he had advised he was going to land elsewhere because he didn’t want to have his airplane towed. When he was instructed again to land in Hartsville, Everett wrote, he did. In a supplementary report, Sgt. Christopher J. Pittman wrote,“It is unclear as to exactly how that radio conversation went, but the pilot initially stated that he intended to land at Bermuda High landing strip in Jefferson, SC. After it was made clear that law enforcement expected him to land in Hartsville the pilot stated that he would comply.”

The arrest report, however, paints a different picture, alleging that Fleming “had to be ordered several times to land” before he complied. Griffin strongly contests this version of events:“I was the only one on the unicom with him,” she said.“I never demanded him to land.”

and in the second article...The sheriff says...

"Darlington County, S.C., Sheriff J. Wayne Byrd offered responses to some of the most common critiques from pilots after its publication. Byrd explained the decisions that led to the breach of peace charge, acknowledged mistaken assumptions that exacerbated the situation, and said the department had learned lessons on how better to respond in the future

Byrd acknowledged that the department had received many emails and calls, and that the Facebook account had been inundated with comments. He defended the department’s initial response to a call from the nuclear power plant security, but said that department staff probably should have realized earlier that the glider was not a threat.

“I’m not taking up for … mistakes that were made, but when you get a call from a facility like that, certain decisions have to be made within minutes and seconds,” Byrd said.“And the de-escalation comes afterwards.”

Unfortunately, the sheriff’s department didn’t de-escalate the situation as much as it should have, he said. But he defended the decision to hold Robin Fleming overnight and charge him with breach of peace. He said the local FBI had told them to hold the pilot for questioning, something they couldn’t do without a charge. The breach of peace charge is minor, he said, used for anything out of the ordinary, especially something that causes a law enforcement response."

Like you TSF, I can cherry pick to make my case too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dilworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: 911 Testing (Feb '14) Feb '14 1stfamilyhealth 1
St. Matthew drops plan to host Thanksgving fait... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Leaping Change 21
@Sab_1908: I'm at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 QC SuperMOM 1
Walk on (May '12) May '12 Coach 2
The Daily Show to Broadcast from Charlotte, NC ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Okuba_Toshimichi 2
STD shot for boys may help teenage girls (Aug '11) Aug '11 whodathunk 5
Two Charotte pharmacies file federal lawsuit ag... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Okuba_Toshimichi 2
•••
•••

Dilworth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dilworth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dilworth News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dilworth