Comments
31,681 - 31,700 of 58,871 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#32878 Jan 20, 2013
Allen wrote:
Has anyone here heard about the five people who were injured when guns accidently discharged at guns shows over the weekend. Three different states. Apparently a dealer transported and brought into a show a loaded gun. It went off while he was removing it from it's case. A buyer who had left a show was loading his in the parking lot, accidently went off. A redneck buyer maybe but, a freak'n dealer. This is totally outrageous.
Yes, read about it in the paper. One guy was bringing his gun to the gun show to sell and it discharged while being inspected by the police! Who brings a loaded gun to a gun show to sell? Morons!

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#32879 Jan 20, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
It shouldn't make a shit to you since no one is making you contribute. I would like the NRA to go away, but since I don't contribute, it doesn't make a shit to me.
Contributing? Divert much? You clearly said the 14th amendment makes them US citizens...I can go copy and paste if necessary. No where in the 14th amendment does it imply or infer there is a distinction of "Native" American or "African" American or "European" American.

And since it clearly states Amercian, and you have made that clear, then the other shit that goes with "Aficans" Americans i.e. black history month, NAACP, black colleges, affirmative action etc etc etc

all go away

Location hidden

#32880 Jan 20, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Do away with black history month, black colleges, the NAACP and the united negro college fund, since all are considered Americans.
Why do African Americans refer to themselves as such? Almost all have never been to Africa and have no idea where their ancestors descended from. Furthermore, shouldn't they call themselves American Africans since 1) they were born in American and 2) America SHOULD be more important to them? I mean as a white male with roots from Ireland and Germany, I don't refer to myself as Irish-German American, just an American....and proud of it!

Location hidden

#32881 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Why do African Americans refer to themselves as such? Almost all have never been to Africa and have no idea where their ancestors descended from. Furthermore, shouldn't they call themselves American Africans since 1) they were born in American and 2) America SHOULD be more important to them? I mean as a white male with roots from Ireland and Germany, I don't refer to myself as Irish-German American, just an American....and proud of it!
I only refer to myself as American. The African part is obvious. African American is seldom used today, and has never been popular with most blacks. The most accepted identity is "black".

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#32882 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Why do African Americans refer to themselves as such? Almost all have never been to Africa and have no idea where their ancestors descended from. Furthermore, shouldn't they call themselves American Africans since 1) they were born in American and 2) America SHOULD be more important to them? I mean as a white male with roots from Ireland and Germany, I don't refer to myself as Irish-German American, just an American....and proud of it!
And as usual, Pro with the win...

Location hidden

#32883 Jan 20, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Contributing? Divert much? You clearly said the 14th amendment makes them US citizens...I can go copy and paste if necessary. No where in the 14th amendment does it imply or infer there is a distinction of "Native" American or "African" American or "European" American.
And since it clearly states Amercian, and you have made that clear, then the other shit that goes with "Aficans" Americans i.e. black history month, NAACP, black colleges, affirmative action etc etc etc
all go away
1868..The 14th Amendment was originally intended to established citizenship for the Newly freed slaves, which it did. Indians (because the lived on tribal land) was not included until the Dawes Act of the 1880's, when they left the reservation and adopted a "white" lifestyle and learned to speak English. An Act of Congress established all Native Americans citizens in 1924. Those are the facts, Jack. So, your racists gripe is what?

Location hidden

#32884 Jan 20, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And as usual, Pro with the win...
Gee, I didn't know that we were even competing, Cone hat.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#32885 Jan 20, 2013
Isn't it amazing that the indigenous people were made citizens, AFTER imports!? Waco says it's because because they "lost the war". Too bad they didn't have 30-30's back then.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#32886 Jan 20, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
all go away
Slavery, suppression, oppression and segregation did not easily go away. What it did do was pave the way for all the mentioned above. While our forefathers enjoyed the freedom of sitting on their wealthy, fat, lazy, crusty ole a$$e$, bet they never imagined you to receive such an inheritance. Face it, live with it and suck it up because it wont go away.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#32887 Jan 20, 2013
I'm lost on that one?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#32889 Jan 20, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the guy who handed $20 bucks over like it was a "business transaction" coward.
I will not risk my life over twenty bucks, but I will and have put my life on the line for our country.
I see you do not value our country as much as you do the dollar as you are running away from our country like you keep running from my questions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32891 Jan 20, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I am absolutely in support of personal freedoms. Not sure why you would question that. My statement did not deny the freedom of those that choose abortion.
I'm for me having an assault rifle, 9mm, 40 mm if I so choose. I am for you having your choice of abortion if you so choose.
However, the president should not stand in front of the nation and claim that restricting the rights of Americans to own guns is in the interest of the children while he openly supports the freedoms of others to make the choice of aborting 1.2 million of them a year.
Well a fetus is not a child. He is supporting the freedom that republicans wish to deny.]
Maybe if your party was more consistent on freedom, we would listen to your complaints about gun laws.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32892 Jan 20, 2013
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>There is a difference between you and the Zebra. The Zebra is a half-breed monkey racist who never deviates from his personal hatred of whites, not to mention, being an imbecile. You, on the other hand, are a "flip-flop" idiot, who talks through his ass and shits through his mouth, with your head up your ass.
Republican.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32893 Jan 20, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
AZ. Why do you ask stupid questions? No Bush did not, nor did Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, Carter etc etc etc.
Nor did they threaten the 2nd amendment.
Reagan, bush one and two, all opposed abortion and want the freedom of choice to be taken away. They actually voiced this wish.
Clinton, Carter and Obama have never said they wish for the freedom to own guns to be taken away.
See the stark difference in promoting freedom?

Of course the republicans did not make free choice stop, because they did not have the power to do so.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32894 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>The Commucrats support govt indoctrination because it supports their agenda. Republicans aren't against public education per say, rather the teachers unions that protect the thousands of inadequate teachers.
Not sure what rock you live under, but republicans bitch about public education all the time, and not just about the unions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32895 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So again, you support govt intrusion on private businesses while denying Americans their freedom.
The business owner should have the right to choose to allow smoking just as you, the patron, have the right not to support their establishments with your all mighty dollars!
Employers need to be forced to keep the workplace safe. Second hand smoke kills.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32896 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>And the Commucrats DO compromise? If my memory serves me correctly, the Commucrats reneged on spending cuts when Reagan was in office just as they have with the fiscal cliff/debt ceiling debates! You can't compromise with a party who fails to honor their word.
Democrats compromise so much, they get accused of having no balls.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32897 Jan 20, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>We've had this debate before and I've always taken that stance, it's discrimination against the smoker, the non-smoker, the business owner, investors, etc... Smoking is legal, therefor it should be the business owners choice of whether or not to allow smoking, not the govt's.
If other peoples smoke did not float to others and kill them, we would have no problem, as I could care less if you wish to kill yourself, but when your bad habits kill me, we have a problem.
Keep whining about it and maybe they will just make smoking illegal altogether.
It is called a compromise. Learn how to do it someday.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#32898 Jan 20, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Should a person be allowed to to bring a bottle of liquor into any restaurant they choose? Afterall, alcohol is legal!
The loophole in the law allows for a bar to have smoking as long as tobacco is a main seller of the business. Thus cigar bars are allowed smoking.
So in a way, what you say is true to a certain degree. If someone is buying the smokes there, then it is ok to smoke.

Location hidden

#32899 Jan 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Employers need to be forced to keep the workplace safe. Second hand smoke kills.
So then you do believe in the govt stripping Americans of their freedoms.
You can play the losing "safe workplace" card if you wish, it's already been established that the employee has the choice of employment. They knew the conditions when they applied for the position, if they don't like the environment then they should choose a restaurant or bar that doesn't allow it! No one forces anyone to take any job.
Again, if the people choose not to visit the establishment, the doors will shut. Let the free market dictate the winners and losers, not the govt!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cotswold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Ambrosia Spa (Oct '10) Jul '14 Genotype hero 36
DEA: Heroin 'hot spots' throughout Charlotte (Mar '12) Apr '14 mooksmom 4
Things to Do in Charlotte on New Year's Eve - R... (Dec '12) Feb '14 Jessie 5
Evoshield Canes are a Powerhouse (Oct '13) Jan '14 JD Holder 2
Review: Pure Fun RC Toys (Aug '11) Jan '14 Joen the Toy Maker 5
blythe industries (Aug '13) Jan '14 George 3
Democratic National Convention 2012 Notebook: C... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Michael John 1
•••
•••
•••

Cotswold Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cotswold People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cotswold News, Events & Info